Author Topic: What has really impressed you in X/Y?  (Read 2629 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
What has really impressed you in X/Y?
« on: October 19, 2013, 12:28 »
A lot of people have been raving about things like Friend Safari, Horde Encounters, Pokemon Amie, PSS and even the Exp Share mechanic changes, along with other little mechanics.

But what has impressed you in X and Y?

For me, it has to be the Exp share and the Mega Evos. The change to the Exp Share is a game-changer, as once you get, keeping it turned on is a guarantee that you'll never be underlevelled at any point.

Mega Evos wise...Lucario pretty much soloed two gyms despite being underlevelled, thanks to Power-Up Punch + Mega Evolution in the same turn. Mega Charizard X makes me feel like I'm 10, because it's so badass and powerful.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: What has really impressed you in X/Y?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 13:23 »
Mega Evolution is obviously a big one, especially Blaziken, which I can imagine will be banned very quickly again this generation. It's completely overpowred in-game, due to the extra experience and base 160 Attack stat.

But I've really just enjoyed the 3D models so much, they all look fantastic! The plot is kinda eh, but the game is so good that after finishing Y in 2 days, I've already gotten X and am working through it with a completely different team. The diversity of Kalos is one of the best things it has going for it, and it was completely unexpected for me to see so many people raising different things this time around, but I love that.

Exp. Share is kinda good and bad... the game is sort of built around it, but you definitely end up overpowered. By the end of my Y Nuzlocke, Blaziken was something like level 77 or 78. It really helps you raise an even team, but the NPCs don't really make up for it in challenge, they just sort of get easier and easier because you're too good. But I love the idea of it. Hopefully Z will present more of a challenge in opponent levels so that using Exp. Share doesn't make me feel like a bad person.

Freind Safari always giving Pokemon with 2 flawless IVs and letting you return to grab those Pokemon any time you want is just... it's wonderful. If my friend will ever get X/Y, I can possible get a Chlorophyll Ivysaur with perfect Sp. Attack and Speed... and that would be pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 13:40 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 14:37 »
The very fact that there's trainer customization is really impressive. Its been implemented in the game really well, and its so nice not to look like everyone else in multiplayer. Just wish there was some more options is all.

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 15:35 »
I've been impressed by everything in these games, but it's the little things that just makes it better, like your character kneeling down to talk to children.

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline b1g

• nonchalant rapper
  • Joeno Fan
  • better than you
    • View Profile
    • lacklustre records
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 15:51 »
like your character kneeling down to talk to children.
I love this! It's such a neat little feature.

I'm smitten with the game, and will definitely be buying X as soon as I come in to some money to play through with an entirely different set of Pokémon. Whilst the EXP.SHARE does take some fun out of levelling, it removes grinding and whilst that was a necessary part of Pokémon in the past... good riddance! I really like Supertraining and Pokémonamie, and the Friend Safari is damned cool.

Overall, totally frothing the game.
better than you, est. always

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 20:44 »
I'd say the fact that the biggest and boldest changes to the Pokemon tradition have been the best executed. I think this is what GameFreak will be most chuffed about too, as time passes.

3D models and shifting away from pixels was scary for a lot of us, it could have easily sucked but it turned out to be awesome, I find myself loving Pokemon I was initially indifferent to just because the 3D shows it in a totally new light. Everyone seems to love it, the character customization, Fairy type, the region...all the big changes have been hugely well received. That's gotta be a crowning victory for them because it means they can go ahead and build on it without holding back and easing players into change.

The online features are great, I just love feeling massively connected to everyone. Simultaneous release has been loads of fun, I love how fleshed out everything feels and the new Pokemon are great too.

I can't say enough good things about it really. I think I've got...just 4 badges but I've racked up 90+ hours of gameplay. I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 21:35 »
3D models and shifting away from pixels was scary for a lot of us, it could have easily sucked but it turned out to be awesome, I find myself loving Pokemon I was initially indifferent to just because the 3D shows it in a totally new light.
see, the way that the models are presented still give that sprite like feel but allow for epic camera angles and whatnot to make battles feel more immersive and retain that old school botton right top left effect.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 21:48 »
Am I allowed to say all of it? - I'm smitten with this game, I never want to stop playing it, I love the fact that I caught a Zoroark in the Pokemon village and all the little surprises that the game lends itself to, The character customization is really good even though there isn't really a choice for jackets (They must be freezing when they get to Snowbelle town) But even though a lot of people said the storyline was boring, I loved it - on to the Pokemon League I say!

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 22:48 »
Am I allowed to say all of it? - I'm smitten with this game, I never want to stop playing it, I love the fact that I caught a Zoroark in the Pokemon village and all the little surprises that the game lends itself to, The character customization is really good even though there isn't really a choice for jackets (They must be freezing when they get to Snowbelle town) But even though a lot of people said the storyline was boring, I loved it - on to the Pokemon League I say!
Honestly, Game Freak have really outdone themselves and have basically improved every single part of the game. It feels like they're sending a message "we heard all your complaints and now we're responding to them because we want your money we love you so much"

Offline ShinyNinetales

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 04:15 »
Tough one. For me it's probably the PSS System. Now I don't have to visit the Pokecenter just to whoop my friends' Pokemon with all level 100s.
If theres one thing Pokemon X and Y is missing, its Ninetalesite...

Offline Hazel Grace

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 08:52 »
Remember when you first played Pokemon and only raised your starter? I think that's exactly why they modified the Exp. Share - so that younger players could train the Pokemon they liked most but still have others gaining levels too.

But anyway, I absolutely LOVE these games. There seems to be so much to do! It's just really, really good.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 22:45 »
That you can rearrange the order of the menu buttons at the bottom of the screen. It took me 6 months to realise that. I can finally stop misclicking on the bloody pokedex all the time.

Offline Catstorm

• *MEMERS 4EVER 2K14*\\HONORARY MEMBER//
  • Joeno Fan
  • ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 17:56 »
The fact that they made EV training a much less painful experience with Super Training
macaw5: *at a lunch table*.... I only have one question. Where did the table come from
i dont go on this site almost at all any more so feel free to check out my
tumblr, deviantart and
youtube

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 01:10 »
I found super training more painful tbh, I much prefer horde training. 5 battles and like one basic super and that's a stat done.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 09:48 »
The graphics, the ability to change your looks (although not as much as I had expected), ability to move 180 degrees instead of just in a linear motion, Pokemon riding (I LOVE getting on the Skiddo!), battle and Pokemon animation, the return of Exp. All and Poke Radar, and Friend Safari were my personal favorites in the game.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!