Misc > Your Art

So I'm trying to get into spriting...

(1/1)

Meowstic Royalty:
As many have seen, I run a Pokemon drawings topic (that is currently paused. Thanks a lot, broken black pen) and I'm trying to move onto other types of art. As I have discovered, I can't draw anything except deformed blobs on a tablet.

That's why I'm trying to move to spriting too as an added form of art. Of course, I have next to no idea of how to do it. There are many experienced spriters on this forum, and I would greatly appreciate it if you gave me some help and advice. Perhaps on stuff like recommended programs/websites to use, or introductions to different types of sprites such as infernos, mixes etc.

Any advice would be extremely helpful, thanks!

Kerou 犠牲:
Just check out the Sprite Tutorials topic; it's a sticky in the Your Sprite Art board. There's so much helpful stuff in there that's worth reading =]

SaRo|Rapidash:
As stupid as it sounds, the best program for spriting is paint. Seriously.

You don't need any of these fancy HD programs, in fact stuff like Photoshop just makes it harder.

Paint is useful because of how the colour picker and eraser can be used to recolour pokemon (I won't explain this because I'll end up confusing you and there's a sprite tutorial that GL mentioned that will explain it infinitely better)

Kerou 犠牲:
^ Adding on to this, Paint 95% of the time I'd say is best due to it being simplistic in the best way, has and does everything without difficulty. If you do pixel-overs or anything which requires backgrounds to be removed or certain affects to be added Paint.net is great but if you're competent in photoshop and stuff like that I guess you won't even need it

SirBlaziken:
One huge piece of advice.

Just practice. Keep trying new things, look at other sprites made here. Share them and people could give suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version