Misc > Your Sprite Art

The Metagame Spriters v4! [Gen 5 and 6!]

(1/15) > >>

Shaymin:
The Metagame Spriters!
Hi guys! So, most of you have probably seen the Metagame sprites, made by myself and many other spriters on the site! To try and shake some activity in to the Spriting Board, it's been decided (sort of, I guess) to continue where we left off during the launch of Gen 5! That's right, it was that long ago. Yeah, I can't believe it's been two years either.
So, some wee guidelines for you hoping to make some of the sprites we use here (taken directly from the last topic!)
- 78x78
- PNG
- Transparent - but don't worry if you can't do it! Someone else will for you!
- Named as the National Dex number, followed by an s for the shiny (eg "001" and "001s" for Bulbasaur)
- Not based on fanart or Sugimori art. Scratches are encouraged, and TCG and animé traces are allowed. Sugimori art is okay if it's a nifty pose, but generally they're very dull, and everyone's seen them before. Spice it up!
- A portrait. Not a full-body sprite, and not a closeup of the eye. If you're confused, look at our current batch for ideas!
- Try to steer away from too much dithering. If you don't know what it is, here is an example of it.

WHAT'S BEEN DONE? check the list!

Don't be offended if some of the more advanced spriters touch up your sprite - mistakes can be made and it's easy to fix. It may include things such as shading, colour errors, lining errors, etc. You may also be asked to edit it yourself if you can.

Kerou 犠牲:
As a reference: the last thread

As a heads up, I'll probably focus on some Gen V ones first because I think the sooner we can do this the better.

It'd be really cool once we get all these done because I think we should perhaps try and approach Mega versions too? I mean that's looking towards the future but it'd be a nice side project too =]

But yeah, I will hopefully contribute something soon. Good luck gang, I hope we can pull this off =D

JSM:
Okay, I'm pretty excited to see this back up and running, hopefully we can make some more great sprites <3

Below I'm going to post a list of sprited that were posted in the previous topic, but not accepted yet. I'd like the community to discuss each sprite and whether we think they're okay as they are or they need a touch up.

The list is as follows:
Karrablast: (By Inferna)

Escavalier: (By Inferna)

Deino: (By GL)

Druddigon: (By GL)

Bisharp: (By GL)

Eelektriks: (By Inferna)

Pansage: (By Lugiafanatic)

Braviary: (By Infernalbird)

Serperior: (By Sizacu)

Zorua: (By Lugiafanatic)

Watchog: (By Lugiafanatic)

I'll make a post with my opinion on each of them soon, for now I'm starting a Flabébé

SaRo|Rapidash:
Never tried one of these before, but gonna take a shot at doing Tyrunt, if that's alright?

Wolstenholme:
I think everyone knows that I've got Lilligant in the works, but if you didn't then now you know.

I've also got an Amaura that I'll upload tomorrow, it'd be nice for someone to help me give it a fix since it was one of my first and the eye looks very weird.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version