Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380427 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #2070 on: June 23, 2016, 11:53 »
the amount of ppl i've seen who literally don't understand what leaving would do but are like "i'm leaving bc we have to pay a membership fee :(((" "i'm voting leave because we need our INDEPENDENCE!!!" "I'm voting leave bc we need to TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!!!!!!"

take our country back from what? independence day??? man it's not like we're americans fighting against the oppressive redcoats who keep taxing us

"we'll save money!!!!"

yeah and get taxed out the wazoo when we want to trade with the eu

"these big businesses support leave!!"

no, their ceos do. the amount of manufacturers that will leave the uk, where they specifically came to make jobs and things to trade WITH THE EU so they could avoid import tax from their home countries (like japan), is massive, and they're all going to leave. so congrations!!!!!!!!!! you did it!!!!!!!!

i've already voted remain. i've studied what good the eu is and it's dumb as hell to leave. i'm going to be disappointed if we do bc jesus christ u've just ruined the uk for all of us thanks man

ikr??????? p much the only thing ive heard from Soundbites when they go to the streets to get Opinions is "but........the immigrants......" or "we have to pay our precious money to immigrants......." and its just funny for these people to out themselves as weird clueless racists

my absolute favourite is when they go (in extremely boris johnson voice) "the money we spend, to the EU, could be used to help our ailing NHS (standing ovation)" and its like l m a o like they would allow a surplus of money to exist outside their pockets and that the NHS would ever see an increase in public funding ever again

fingers crossed theres not gonna be any Rude Surprises but if we end up voting Leave im gonna be so mad. well i say so mad, the british style is just to go "oh well" and drink/smoke slightly more
           

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #2071 on: June 23, 2016, 14:43 »
One person I went to school with is saying "we didn't fight two world wars for this"

Actually, we kinda did. To stop Europe being a war torn omnishambles fighting for superiority from everybody. That argument never washes with me.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 23, 2016, 16:17 »
i had some really hot chicken wings yesterday and now im perpetually in hell (aka the toilet)

nobody deserves this pain

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 23, 2016, 20:32 »
Still waiting for my sis to get home because she's gonna go up with me to the polling station to vote. I got really scared earlier because anxious feels and shizz because I was gonna go on my own.

She'll be back in plenty of time but ugh I better get to vote before 9pm so I don't go "oh crap 1 hour we gotta runnnnnn"

Voting to stay though :)

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 24, 2016, 02:02 »
with the whole remain vs leave thing, my point as a generally uninformed american is like... why would you leave? the only thing that pops to mind is the aforementioned annoyingness that now everyone that wants to leave the country will have to go through 9000 levels of bureaucracy and waiting to get a goddamn visa to visit a county for a couple months. one of the best things about europe is that you can buy cheap plane tickets and then just hop to other countries that all have amazing different cultures, why would you want to isolate yourself???

jk i know exactly why we have those numbnuts over here too lol but it sounds silly to me

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 24, 2016, 07:09 »
Worst news to wake up to. I'm so disappointed.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2076 on: June 24, 2016, 07:21 »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY we're doomed haha thanks leave :)))

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23 »
 And now Farage has said "Yeah... We basically lied to you..."

He has such a punchable face.

why would you leave? the only thing that pops to mind is the aforementioned annoyingness that now everyone that wants to leave the country will have to go through 9000 levels of bureaucracy and waiting to get a goddamn visa to visit a county for a couple months. one of the best things about europe is that you can buy cheap plane tickets and then just hop to other countries that all have amazing different cultures, why would you want to isolate yourself???

Because we've got people stuck in the 18th Century and think we're still a global superpower. A lot of people have been talking about "taking our country back" and how "we're being dictated to" when in fact only 15% of our laws were made in the EU. Basically, people have been lied to and they've bitten so hard.

Just hope for another general election that Labour wins. That'd screw the Leave side up.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 24, 2016, 09:10 »
Just hope for another general election that Labour wins. That'd screw the Leave side up.

It's funny because half of the people who I've had speak at me about the vote this week have wanted Exit x Labour government

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 24, 2016, 10:08 »
But this whole Nationalism thing that's perked up recently... It's all very... 1930s Germany, isn't it?
[Three Word Rule]

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 24, 2016, 13:43 »
we survived thru 2 world wars and a cold war and historically we've been invaded like 1000000000000000 times. its going to suck for the future but we'll pull thru.

im bummed about it too but in Adversity we have to remember to Stick Together w/ our common pplz despite 51% of the country voting to screw everyone over cos they hate the "imigant" and the "brusell sprout". also, weird frenzied depressive stuff and scaremongering is what the other side wants, it breeds distrust and divides.

just remember.........//beth thrusts her WWJCD? bracelet at screen//

"what would jesus christ do??? beth are u a christian? lmao"
"no!!!!!! its What Would Jo Cox do????? i didn't think this through did i"
           

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 24, 2016, 13:45 »
Nice to know there's a country across the pond that's as stupid as u- wait we have Clinton v Trump. Never mind i'll shut up.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 24, 2016, 14:03 »
Well, when the bankers and the Tory toffs get richer and we all get poorer we can be the first to say 'told you so'.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 24, 2016, 15:09 »
 I had no idea that everyone on my Facebook feed was a politician tbh - evidently they teach politics in BTEC Childcare nowadays.

Gutted about the result tbh but sort of excited? There's still the potential for great things to come out of it.

Unfortunately, Freddos aren't going back to their original prices.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 24, 2016, 17:28 »
I was the only politically minded person I knew in my school, suddenly every person's head of the IMF and a Labour back bencher.
[Three Word Rule]