Misc > Your Sprite Art

PKMN.NET needs your (sprite?) art help!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Joeno:

--- Quote from: Xenite on October 17, 2008, 18:18 ---looks like you need to appoint some kinnda site artist..
--- End quote ---

I'm sorry... shouldn't really continue this... but I don't see what that has to do with a demand that I create the art myself?

Yes, it would be nice to permanently have someone for this, but with all of this being volunteer work and us not forcing anyone to work on anything, it's not a matter of just telling someone they are such. Consider this sort of a try-out for such a position.

However, that's still something far away from saying I'd have to do it myself, which wouldn't end well.

--- Quote ---who normally makes the site layouts and such?

--- End quote ---

In v8, that was Psythor, who simply doesn't have the time for these requests now.

What is wrong with collaboration anyway? Why would I be in the wrong for asking our members whether they might be willing to help out here? Since when was this all about me doing all the work myself?

Superficial Mycosis:
No...  it just seemed, to me, to also bring up the fact you didn't have anyone to do it, and i just thought it'd be nice for you to have someone because it'd mean they'd always be there and willing to do it..  and it'd all be in the same style.
I don't get why you have to be so defencive all the time, i was only trying to help.. 
bah

Utack and Swampy:
Not to add to the dark cloud, but IIRC, the last time spriters were asked to make art contributions to the site was in the Avvy contest thing, where we could design avatars that might have become offical ones to choose from the Pkmn.net database.

Many submitted, but none were used that I know off/see.

But, then again, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.

Joeno:
I don't recall such a contest.

mura:
I think it was called 'Sprite Idol!' And people submitted their sprites to become actual pre-set avatars that you can select.
IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version