Author Topic: Pokemon X and Y: Speculation  (Read 24697 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X and Y: Speculation
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2013, 13:34 »
Fossil evolutions are out!

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2013, 17:54 »
...I'm gonna be singing that T Rex song from Nostalgia Critic's review of Jurassic Park whenever it's used arnt I? XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

quack98

« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2013, 17:55 »
I think I have fallen in love with the T-Rex...

Now for a good nickname...

Wolstenholme

« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2013, 18:26 »
Aurorus is fantastic. It's on my team no matter what.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2013, 18:42 »
The ice one's evo looks cool. The little one still looks pretty naff in my opinion, though.

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2013, 19:44 »
DINOSAURS!!!!

...Ahem, sorry about that... Anyway, these two fossil Pokemon will definitely be on my team. These are hands down my favourite Pokemon revealed so far this gen (except MegaAbsol, but the Megas don't really count as new Pokemon in my eyes).

We've got an Amargasaurus-inspired sauropod, which looks amazingly elegant. There's some pretty clever naming here- "Amarga" means bitter in Spanish, and bitter can have the meaning of very cold, referencing this Pokemon's type. "aura" could be being used to reference mystery - nobody has produced convincing evidence for a particular use of the sail-like skin structures that are thought to have been stretched across Amargasaurus's back. Awesome typing.

And, as I expected (I'm amazed they held off for so long) a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Credit where it's due, it is closest to the Tyrannosaurus Rex in characteristics out of the Tyrannisauridae family - although I won't detail why, this is a Pokemon forum, not a paleontology one! I do like it, although it's name lacks imagination.

And the other new reveals. Frogadier and Braixen show some serious potential. I suspect that the latter will have male and female forms. Female Pyroar I like, male not so much. Meowstick I can take or leave. Quilladin has one more chance to impress me, otherwise it can go roll down a hill. Furfrou is quite interesting, although predictable. I'll see what other styles are revealed before seeing about using one. 
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2013, 20:47 »
^With Furfrou, I'm hoping you can make it have a mohawk and dye its hair green and orange. Not sure why I would want a mohawk on it since that is a bit odd but I do. I like Quilladin's name and I have always liked Mud Shot since it was first introduced but its body shape bothers me and I am freaked out over that creepy face it has. It just is so creepy the way it stares at you. Sort of like the Billy dummy from the SAW movies stare at the "players" of the "games" either in person or from the TV screen does before the horrible deaths that usually end up happening.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2013, 02:49 »
Perhaps it'll be like the Trainer customization with outfits like the main Pokemon website has in the Trainer Builder section.

If you can buy clothes for the trainer to customise, does it mean that you can buy swimsuits too?

Anyway, nice to see that Game Freak gone with Cretaceous period with fossil Pokémon and release a T-Rex Pokémon for X and Y. Also did they made a trilobite Pokémon before?

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2013, 02:50 »
If you can buy clothes for the trainer to customise, does it mean that you can buy swimsuits too?

Anyway, nice to see that Game Freak gone with Cretaceous period with fossil Pokémon and release a T-Rex Pokémon for X and Y. Also did they made a trilobite Pokémon before?
...Have you been playing Dragon Quest, by any chance?

I think that was Kabuto. not entirely certain, though.

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2013, 04:50 »
...Have you been playing Dragon Quest, by any chance?

Yeah, I did. I played it before. I think Game Freak took a leaf from Square Enix when making Pokémon X and Y with the customisation.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2013, 23:36 »
I only want a Tuxedo for my trainer, then I'll be happy.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2013, 23:50 »
Oh good lord, it's going to be like TF2 all over again.

"Pokemon - Japan's number one hat-themed zoo simulator, with RPG-style battles."

Offline SpinnelSun

• This isn't wonderland anymore, Alice.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • facebook.
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2013, 02:50 »
in love with the rock/ice dino !! ah im so happy with the design

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2013, 10:18 »
^THIS so much!

Also, guys, is anyone else finding it hard to follow/discuss in this topic. I just think things would be more organised for discussion if we had separate topics for announcements and left this topic for SPECULATION. Just an opinion of mine that has been floating around.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2013, 12:17 »
^THIS so much!

Also, guys, is anyone else finding it hard to follow/discuss in this topic. I just think things would be more organised for discussion if we had separate topics for announcements and left this topic for SPECULATION. Just an opinion of mine that has been floating around.

Unfortunately ever since we get a steady stream of news, this is becoming more of an announcement one. But I'll speculate something here:

I guess that instead of just getting one of the two or so fossils like you do in the previous Pokémon games, you have a chance to take all of the fossils.