Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 68286 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 03:57 »
haha "y r girls so hot"
evolved into like
"y r _____ so hot"

i used to just do the standard #pkmn.net, #rp with chandler and such, and occasionally #ayla i believe?

the spam forum? anyone remember that? i remember i shopped a bunch of popular member's heads onto dogs. i still have the photos if anyone wants to see them haha

#ayla

oh those days.

the SPAM forum. That one (boxing day) or something.

also the RP competitions that happened sometimes.
and the whole AS| username thing, wow. 
was there more then one puk pokemon crew? I think that some people started up another topic bc the good pokemon were taken, hurrr.

anyone else remember howtosprite?   

oh how to sprite.

I REMEMBER THAT.

I submitted guides and everything. The AS| thing.

NOVEMBER AWARDS.

The Name Rater Contest, which involved a funny incident where I found out the identity. It was epic.

Massive list:

PKMN.NET Meet Up
Teams (We all had a thing of being certain teams)
VT / ForestFire - Remember him?
EggKnight - The massive custom battle sprites people went crazy for.
The story? Lottie and 16bit made? Remember? It was a massive story with fan-art it was awesome.
When PLC was active <3
Comics - Utack & Swampy, PUK in MD
Fanfics - Tim's fanfics, PUK in MD.
10th ANNIVERSARY.
Pokemon Event Reviews - These days the fun of it is taken out with Wi-Fi. Back in the day with the special machines.
IRC - and well everything else that came with it.
Wi-Fi first went crazy when it was out for D/P. People loved it.
We had across site tournament, didn't we? In Netbattle?
The moment we all went crazy for Cards.
Pokemon Twilight
Trivia, basically when loads of new features were implemented.

I don't like how this site has died.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 09:29 »
Does anyone remember when this guy called Rook (iirc) made this huge post how he had no life and was sick of doing the same day in day out and quit the forums and internet all together?

We need to start the awards again, although I never won they were really good! Also the sprite forum awards too </3

I remember when Brawl was released and there was a 100 page topic and almost everyday there were brawls! I played against Liam a few times aha.

And Ches(s)peon! xD I remember godmodding Bob in my only post in that roleplay that was made and felt really put off by it because I didn't know what godmodding was and iirc Mizz and JSM were having a discussion that went something like 'oh what do we go she gmodded' 'oh let's ignore it!'. I should have asked rather than leave abruptly haha.

I was also really against roleplaying because it was so busy, which is a stupid concept that I still sort of hold today (I'm not against roleplaying boards anymore though) xD

I remember Veyka as well. I'm not sure if he's who a few people seem to be referring to... but yeah, I remember him. He taught SR how to code and stuff for IRC iirc. I was a bit nervous round him, tbh haha.

omg chesspeon and all the scripts
the evolution script was so fun! Oh yeah the RP that was funny, it had a page and had no idea what else to post. /inferna slaps you about with a large fish
I remember when SR went away for a week and I had specific instructions to look after her dragoncave eggs, still have them :L
also do the #sp people remember when we went on other forums ircs and spammed them with links for our eggs? good times.
Veyka was pretty cool!

omg i just found this http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/p1kachoo/Random%20Stuff/?action=view&current=i94mixieguide.png cringeeeeeee

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 11:10 »
ah i remember the awards

didn't we have a "win the internet" award and my guinea pig biscuit won it
that was the best

sappy oh god i remember your fanfics
didn't some get deleted because of pole dancing
dsjkfhldags
i really wanna make a PUK in MD comic but i'm a lameass.
i was pikachu i remember
i'mma pikachu weeaboo. literally favourite pokemon. plus i wasn't a staff member/cool enough to be Shaymin. it sucked but pikachu>shaymin
i remember when caption contest was super busy
and how once my name was in an utack and swampy comic when they were looking for swampy. sdklfjaskgsaf
and when sprite art was super busy
and role play
and pokemon live connection
god damnit
and tim's awesome fanfic about pokemon in the real world and my lame attempt to make an rp out of it that lasted about 5.226 seconds.
god
why can't it be 2010 again

also i remember my fleeting crushes on tim, rex, sappy and some other guys. 8l

EDIT: OMG WHO REMEMBERS FORUM BURP
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:13 by Shaymin »

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 12:33 »

Teams (We all had a thing of being certain teams)
VT / ForestFire - Remember him?
The story? Lottie and 16bit made? Remember? It was a massive story with fan-art it was awesome.

-Team Pyro ftw!
-Remember VT? I've MET VT. Jelly? (I also keep in touch with him every once in a while. It's fun)
-It was illustrated by 16Bit and written by myself and the lovely REXman. I still have the files on my laptop IF you're interested.
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 12:39 »
I used to troll here a lot. . .
I was even responsible for one member to be appointed Global Moderator at one point.

There used to be more Kris's on PUK to count

MRxo

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 17:16 »
I didn't even know what trolling was before this site lol

I can't remember if I won any awards but I do remember everyone buzzing about them. I did definitely win a Sprite Award for Best New Spriter. I think that was 2010... wow

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 22:31 »
-Team Pyro ftw!
team fire hahahahahaha

oh and that team magma flamewar oh mannnnnnnnnn those were the days

Who remembers that Ryan D. guy?  I beat his ass in Pokemon one day and he got paranoid ("Level 100 did something weird to your Pokemon!") and when i explained EVs/IVs to him he quit the boards and then came back like two seconds later.  I remember he told me he lied about his life a lot and it was the weirdest thing ever

oh and I remember getting banned like 3 times but let's not tread on those minute details of days long past

And who could ever forget kooley?  everything I learned about life was from her.

i remember when the dude above me quit.  jk it was everyday who couldn't remember that?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

MRxo

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 23:21 »
Kooley was genius! As was helenoftroy lol

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 23:52 »
still got beef w/ helenoftroy tbh :///// kooley was p good too

what about that guy who flamed joeno (one of those rule persons) for locking his topic like he straight up threatened him

ccooldudecool or something

the angry child

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 23:57 »
I kinda hope helenoftroy was hit by a car

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 23:58 »
I never really bothered with helenoftroy, I think o.o Some comments s/he made were funny, but otherwise... Bleh. Probably from an observer's point of view?

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 07:11 »
I kinda hope helenoftroy was hit by a car
w0w glad i'm not the only one

MonsterMon64

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2013, 09:57 »
Man, how could I forget the spam forum D: Well, it didn't last too long because it was harsh on the servers or something, haha. I also miss the April Fools jokes... but I feel like I'm walking on eggshells just by saying that. <<;

I miss the November Awards, etc. I never won one, but I remember getting nominated/suggested for "Nicest Member" at least twice. (Didn't  the last November Awards simply die out before the winners were announced?)

I'd ask who helenoftroy is, but mainly I'm just curious because this sounds like something that happened during a time I was less active on here...

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2013, 15:20 »
we need to have spam threads for important events (like so many members, a member reaching certain posts) they're so much fun <33
omg helenoftroy was so annoying argh
they were okay at first but then 3/4 of what they posted turned to spam/trolling. It was all really vauge as well :s
Kooley I forgot who they were until I read their posts ahahahaa they were so ~~hxc~~

remember all the comics on sfa like Utack's, Dana's, Skyler's and Apprentice's? They were awesome, I miss Dana's :c I think I had one at some point olol.
The PUK crew was awesome, I think it got to version 3. I was Ludicolo. Everyone had it in their profile along with a pokecharms trainer card or one of those 'what pokemon are you' quizzes.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 15:43 »
So I looked at Kooley's posts and nope don't remember them at all?? Must have passed me by, or I was too busy reading 1000000000x posts by helenoftroy about how beautiful she was