Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67967 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2013, 01:59 »
Could well be Role Play which, I believe, didn't gain towards a post count.
I doubt the guy would've gone to role play before any other forum on here

The obligatory spam of a thread in FRLG or RSE forums is what a newbie lives for
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2013, 13:43 »
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline rapidash king

• Typhlosion Fan
  • i'm smiling for two
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2013, 06:56 »
am i too late to the "i joined in 2004" party
it was december and my friend was showing me the name rater. it was actually nick/regidude if anyone remembers him. he dated mightyenapup for a while lol

There is one name who I don't expect to see around here. Cody, Hinoarashi Freak, loved hershey chocolate. The I last spoke to him was in 2010 where he expressed drifting too far from the forum scene, and that was that.
Mightyenapup, if she's here, would remember him. Mike would remember him.
omg i do remember hinoarashi freak, he was one of my first few friends on here. i remember that volcano themed invisionfree forum he made.

and yeah mightyenapup/lauren is still good, we've been talking on fb and playing animal crossing very recently, just this past week even.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2013, 15:47 »
I think at MOST a handful of people will remember this.  And that's stretching it.  But I'll put it out there.

Marathon Across Netbattle.

Yeah, I lost in first round to someone who went on to like semi-finals.

i dont think i remember that bc im a noob

but i actually remember finding this site through pokemon world magazine lmao

i saw one of the fanmails and it showed a screencap of this site and i signed up because of it
idk its obv a british magazine and it was way back in 2006 but yeah. ive got pokemon world to thank for letting me meet yall.
i signed up as pikakitty and soon changed my name to PIKASAURUSDALORUS or something dumb and scene kiddie
that was back when it had delibird though heh

Was that 10th Anniversary Pokemon Event by any chance? The article in Pokemon World. Two of my photos were put in that issue! ^^

Yep, 2004 too! September 7th, to be exact, so not long from exactly nine years~

Do you remember our group? Me, Del, Connor, CT and Sam? :3
Slowly an old member..

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #289 on: August 04, 2013, 20:19 »
Do you remember our group? Me, Del, Connor, CT and Sam? :3

Well, DUH! That was our group way back when - and do I remember wrongly, or was Kaze another hanger-on in our circles? God, I haven't heard about him for ages, I don't have a clue what he's up to. Shoutout for what he's up to?

As for everyone else, Del already posted here of course... The last I heard from Sam was a few months ago - He's arrogantly awesome as ever, working on his music. He's started to write his own songs now~ The last I heard from CT was... Oh god, was it after GCSEs or A levels? But she was doing pretty good at the time, she drifted off the internet quickly. And then Connor. God, Connor - I have not heard from him, in literally, forever. Literally forever.

... Okay, metaphorically forever. But that's just splitting hairs. Do you know how he's doing?

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2013, 00:19 »

actually, quite possible. role play emcompassed forum games for a while until the games were too much for the actual RPing and it was confusing and annoying and then roleplayers annoyed admins into creating 2 seperate forums.

alternatively, you didn't get point of posting in Fan Art or Sprite Fan Art, as well as random randomness.

also

HAHA YOU ALL FELL FOR IT

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2013, 00:24 »
actually, quite possible. role play emcompassed forum games for a while until the games were too much for the actual RPing and it was confusing and annoying and then roleplayers annoyed admins into creating 2 seperate forums.

The obligatory spam of a thread in FRLG or RSE forums is what a newbie lives for

Come on liz youre supposed to read whole posts not half posts

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 08, 2013, 17:45 »
Well, DUH! That was our group way back when - and do I remember wrongly, or was Kaze another hanger-on in our circles? God, I haven't heard about him for ages, I don't have a clue what he's up to. Shoutout for what he's up to?

As for everyone else, Del already posted here of course... The last I heard from Sam was a few months ago - He's arrogantly awesome as ever, working on his music. He's started to write his own songs now~ The last I heard from CT was... Oh god, was it after GCSEs or A levels? But she was doing pretty good at the time, she drifted off the internet quickly. And then Connor. God, Connor - I have not heard from him, in literally, forever. Literally forever.

... Okay, metaphorically forever. But that's just splitting hairs. Do you know how he's doing?

I have no idea.

GUISE I FOUND MY SECOND LONGEST THREAD EVER. Probably;

PUK in MD - The Original.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2013, 05:21 »

I don't ~think~ Kaze was ever part of our group, but I dunno it was a long while ago now, I might just not really remember him.

I remember hearing about Sam's first band a few years ago, but I haven't heard anything since then. Glad to hear he's doing well with his stuff though!

CT was always a little younger than us iirc, so I imagine it was GCSE's? Haven't heard from her in ages either. I wonder what she's up too.

I see Connor on Xbox Live every now and then, but I haven't spoken to him in years. He's probably doing well though, if I remember right he was at College doing some sort of... I wanna say like metalwork or engineering or something? I don't remember, it's been so long. I might hit him up sometime.

Man it's been so long. Good times.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2013, 15:08 »
Sort of linked into this whole nostalgia thread, I recently got into contact with / met Zy in real life. Ended up getting into contact via Weiss Schwarz, and he noticed that we had a lot of mutual friends on FB that were from this forum.

Bit of an unexpected coincidence there.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2013, 17:09 »
You.  Are you a dr. yet

I don't ~think~ Kaze was ever part of our group, but I dunno it was a long while ago now, I might just not really remember him.
I remember Kaze (as in, the person and I remember talking to him often)..  wonder what happened to him

Offline kendall!

• internet hate machine
  • Name Rater Hater
  • idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2013, 19:45 »
kendall? When I was here in 2010, I saw you posting on the first pages of very old topics, so I thought you were a myth. It's an honor to meet a 2005 member.

most people here joined before me but good to know i'm myth status haha i suppose i'll take that as a compliment

Kendall is from 2005!? *Bows down*

tsk tsk

i really am embarrassed about all the things i probably said and did to make a fool out of myself back in the day, but i was young and children/preteens will be children/preteens...i just wish i could have been older when this site was at its most active. being more mature while still being part of the community would have been nice

i remember a lot of stuff of course but i honestly do feel as if i've shoved 75% of it into the recesses of my brain :/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 19:48 by kendall! »
you're never gonna love me, so what's the use

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2013, 22:33 »
You.  Are you a dr. yet

Not yet, PhD is meant to finish in October. I'm currently writing my Thesis. Hope I can get it all done.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2013, 04:55 »
Do you mind if i bother you after next year or something about graduate school?  Granted our systems are far different but...

Offline Luke

• Yoshi
  • Sentret Fan
  • ArkUmbra
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2013, 15:04 »
I think I spent most of my time in the Gaming section, taking part in poorly informed opinion-flinging with... LAClennel (?) I think it was.

Also, Mario Kart DS time trials with Chris and Alex.

[Edit] Dear sweet science, I have been registered here for over 8 years now. 2005, baby.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 15:28 by Luke »