Ampharos
7 (13.2%)
Mawile
7 (13.2%)
I like it all
5 (9.4%)
This is a completely idiotic and stupid idea
9 (17%)
I like one of them, just not one listed.
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: October 07, 2013, 17:04

Author Topic: New Mega Evolutions  (Read 20149 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: New Mega Evolutions
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2013, 11:17 »
If that list is real, Mega Scizor is going to kill everything.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2013, 11:25 »
I agree it'll be frightening, but remember that you can only have one mega evo per team. Scizor already has a number of checks and counters, so unless it suddenly jumps up 70 base Speed points and doesn't have to rely on Bullet Punch, it'll still be manageable, I think. I mean, obviously anything could happen, not saying it couldn't be overpowered, but I think it'd take a huge boost in either Attack or Speed, or both, to make it broken.

I want Mega Poliwrath so it's not completely overshadowed by Politoed and Keldeo :<
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SpinnelSun

• This isn't wonderland anymore, Alice.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • facebook.
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2013, 12:32 »
MegaJynx and MegaBanette come to papa! although I do wish these were just "evolutions", not this weird mega thing. kind of sounds like something digimon would do.

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2013, 12:58 »
So, regarding the Mega Pokémon, what Mega Pokémon are available? Will there be a Mega Pikachu?

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2013, 13:02 »
Never was into Digimon in the slightest, but hearing people make the comparison so frequently is making me curious how form change, something that's been in Pokemon since FR/LG, is being compared to Digimon. Not that it's even necessarily a bad thing, but I mean... I don't get why now. They revert post-battle, and you can only use one per team, so... I don't understand. If someone could explain it to me, I'd honestly like to know.

Offline SpinnelSun

• This isn't wonderland anymore, Alice.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • facebook.
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2013, 13:11 »
Never was into Digimon in the slightest, but hearing people make the comparison so frequently is making me curious how form change, something that's been in Pokemon since FR/LG, is being compared to Digimon. Not that it's even necessarily a bad thing, but I mean... I don't get why now. They revert post-battle, and you can only use one per team, so... I don't understand. If someone could explain it to me, I'd honestly like to know.

Mmm im not the biggest digimon fan though I did use to watch the show, and IF my memory is correct (which to be honest, its probably not) im pretty sure digimon could "evolve" into megaforms, and then reconvert back intos original forms, though I think it might be because they lost the battle or ran out of data/energy. Im pretty sure one of the evolution stages in digimon (they name their various stages, because digmon can like evolve 4 or 5 times i think) is actually called "Mega Evolution" or something.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2013, 14:41 »
Oh, it's just the phrasing, I see. I agree, the terminology could have been much better, but I also think it's fitting since it's not quite evolution, nor is it quite form change. I have to say, I quite like the idea, after my initial hesitation. Putting self-imposed limitations on what a franchise can do will always lead to disappointment.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2013, 14:57 »
Please make mega Gengar Dark/Ghost. Alakazam needs to be taught a lesson.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2013, 15:33 »
mega jynx

mega abomasnow

MEGA JYNX

M E G A  A B O M A S N O W

hyperventilating please let these be real oh my god

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2013, 15:46 »
Mmm im not the biggest digimon fan though I did use to watch the show, and IF my memory is correct (which to be honest, its probably not) im pretty sure digimon could "evolve" into megaforms, and then reconvert back intos original forms, though I think it might be because they lost the battle or ran out of data/energy. Im pretty sure one of the evolution stages in digimon (they name their various stages, because digmon can like evolve 4 or 5 times i think) is actually called "Mega Evolution" or something.

yeah, its pretty much just making fun of the name/concept. 
some digimon's perfect or ultimate forms look more or less like the adult form, but with armour/more arms/idk. so they use the name of the adult form plus a prefix... and a common one is "mega-". so yknow, megaseadramon is just seadramon but hyped up a bit, with some spikes and a different colour. 
sooo with these you can see the comparison... megablaziken is blaziken with added bells and whistles. 

obviously people have been saying "[new thing] looks like digimon" for a long time now, its got to be tradition. but the comparison this time around particularly amuses me. 
and for that reason alone i really hope that they keep the names... theres something fantastically banal about the "mega-" prefix... "yeah its a blaziken but its like a SUPER blaziken.. no no, MEGA." 

welp ill just sit here and will Mega Meganium into existence. 

(also yes more jynx, there was that fake jynx evo going around a while back and gdi she needs one because i say so. and also because of electabuzz and magmortar). 

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 15:50 by Sebastian Moran »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2013, 22:38 »
Yeah this list is suspect to me.  It's possible the Blaziken trademark was already bought or something.  Venusaur also doesn't have one.  I'll find the article if you remind me tomorrow

I also find it odd how 5th gen isn't even touched upon.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2013, 22:47 »
Mega Absol....

Freakin' majestic.

Needs more Gengar

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2013, 23:48 »
I also find it odd how 5th gen isn't even touched upon.

This is probably way too early for me to speak on this, and before anyone flips out about it - this is some really abstract speculation built on nothing but gut feeling but...

I wouldn't honestly be surprised if Gen V was largely forgotten. I feel as though it was trying so hard to be a 'reboot gen' that they just ended up creating a Gen I clone (only different). I do have a feeling that in both plot/Pokemon/characters we'll see Gen V almost entirely forgotten and Pokemon will continue on. Weird huh? It might not happen though, of course. It's just a personal inkling I have right now.

quack98

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2013, 11:13 »

In digimon games there was an item called a digivolution disk, which basically evolved your digimon to its mega form for one turn, it attacked, then reverted to its ordinary form.

Aside from that, it's pretty much what ores have said

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2013, 12:23 »
Speaking of Digimon, I've LOATHE them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! I think they're a rip off of Pokemon.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!