Author Topic: "I want to hate this Pokemon, but I can't."  (Read 4260 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MonsterMon64

"I want to hate this Pokemon, but I can't."
« on: April 09, 2014, 19:05 »
Have you ever felt that way about a certain Pokemon? Maybe you used to dislike it, but something changed your tune about it. Maybe the Pokemon is unlikeable on paper, but there's something redeemable about it that lets you put up with it. Or maybe it's just hard to hate it in general. Whatever, it all goes here!

For me, it's gotta be Unown. I didn't always dislike them, but one day I was like, "Gosh, what were they THINKING making ALPHABET-shaped Pokemon?!" It doesn't help that all they're good for is leaving cryptic messages about legendaries or ancient ruins or whatever... or so I thought. Back when I was playing SoulSilver like a maniac, I would walk as often as possible with my J-shaped Unown in my Pokewalker. It looked so cute in the Pokewalker, I just couldn't hate Unown anymore. To me, this was its TRUE calling.

Um, I guess that's it for now. How about the rest of you?

Wolstenholme

Re: "I want to hate this Pokemon, but I can't."
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 19:14 »
Blaziken and Lucario.

I hate the designs, the concepts, the typing and pretty much everything about them but I just feel like I can't hate them because they're really good pokemon and everyone seems to like them. Another reason I can't hate Lucario is because of a certain RP ygm? I just don't see the attraction but I really wish I did haha.

If I think of any more I'll post again :-)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 21:33 »
Another reason I can't hate Lucario is because of a certain RP ygm?

Speaking of said rp.....

For me, it's Emboar. I want to hate it, I really do. It's another fire/fighting starter, but with it I tore through Black and destroyed everything. Plus, Blaziken and Infernape are so good (only arceus knows why, but I must admit derpape can be a good mix sweeper.) compared to it. It's almost like I pity Emboar.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 21:53 »
What's wrong with Infernape? I actually prefer it over Blaziken not because of the design, but due to the difficulty it takes to use it properly. Not like Raticate, whose win/lose ratio is low and usually rage-inducing, Infernape is... for confident trainers.

But let's get on-topic. For me, that Pokémon is... Floatzel. It is like Infernape and Raticate; it takes guts to use, but it is neither rage-inducing nor especially hard to use. In fact, I like Raticate because it is often overlooked, but Floatzel is there, competing against other Water Types.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Bulbakip

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
    • What do WE think?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 19:41 »
Magikarp, Bellsprout - kind of weird and I'm not even talking about the only 2 moves Magikarp can learn
Trubbish - It's literaly rubish but it is so cute!!!
Grimer too
Mr. Mime - it is strange and kind of creepy but it is so cute and funny
Stunfisk - it's like a fish that was underneath a tank but it does that flappy thing, besides the episode with the Rotom made me sad about him

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 15:29 by Bulbakip »

[gif]https://urpgstatic.com/img_library/pokemon_sprites_animated/001.gif[gif] [gif]https://urpgstatic.com/img_library/pokemon_sprites_animated/258.gif[gif]

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 19:45 »
Magnemite evo line. I hate the look of the things but they're so useful >_>

Zubat. It's so annoying and weak and impossible to use in game, but I adore Crobat so sticking with it pays off in the end.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 20:35 »
Magikarp, Bellsprout - They all are weak

*Cough* Bellsprout has 75 Base Attack and 70 Base Special Attack... To compare, Pyroar has Base 68 Att, Persian has 70, and it ties with Registeel, while Claydol has 70 in both. Moreover, Bellsprout has access to both Swords Dance and Growth. It is very troublesome in LC. *Cough*

I wish I were able to hate Electrode; its stats are not that good and it always causes troubles during Nuzlockes... but look at this face:

It can not be hated by any plausible means!
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 23:49 »
I just cannot hate Liepard. I mean it's pretty bad and frail, but prankster and the fact that it's a freaking leopard. The design is pretty cool too.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 13:58 »
Mega Swampert. It looks like a normal Swampert on steroids and yet it looks so goofy and I love it.

Needs more Gengar

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 14:34 »
All the annoying "run into one" Pokemon of the caves and sea with the exception of Woobat and Frillish. They are just so common that I get frustrated when I have to go through the caves and seas and keep running into Zubat, Geodude, or Tentacool. It's like "Gee. ANOTHER Zubat. This is what? The 50th one I've run into since taking only 100 from the entrance?" I mean they all evolve into so cool and decent Pokemon but it's ridiculous to run into them every single time! That is why I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad BW didn't have Zubat or Tentacool in literally every cave or sea. And I was glad while Zubat was found in caves along with Geodude in BW2, it wasn't nearly as common as it usually is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:03 by Captain Jigglypuff »
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 01:06 »
I used to really like Pikachu in Red and Gold because it looked so cute and cool and then as time went on I began to dislike it (especially with how it was in the anime too) and whilst I don't like it like I used to those memories and its cry prevent me from truly disdaining it.

Offline Vermeil

• (ノ⊙ヮ⊙)ノ~
  • Iceduck Fan
  • Don't laugh, it ain't funny!
    • View Profile
    • The ugly mess that is my dA profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 21:37 »
For me...Ditto. It's completely useless to me and it's design is so plain, but I just can't bring myself to hate it.

Maybe it's that face.

Offline ThePokemonMaster142

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 17:07 »
A pokemon I want to hate? Stunfisk, but I just can't cause it's so dang helpless!

Offline Pidgequill

• Iceduck Fan
  • Egrets 4Ever! *v*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 09:00 »
It's Grimer and Garbodor for me - they both look absolute grim, but Grimer's evolution looks kinda cool, and Garbodor looks...well...I don't know...funny?  :unsure:

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 13:01 »
It's Grimer and Garbodor for me - they both look absolute grim, but Grimer's evolution looks kinda cool, and Garbodor looks...well...I don't know...funny?  :unsure:
I called my female Garbodor Marjory after the trash heap from Fraggle Rock!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!