Author Topic: OR/AS Speculation Thread  (Read 13363 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
OR/AS Speculation Thread
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:32 »
I'm sure there are going to be plenty of these as we learn more stuff, but just looking at the minimal info we have right now...what do you speculate for the upcoming games? Remember this is a thread for what you think we might see, not what you want to see. The thread for that is over here

Right now, we know that the games will be straight remakes of R/S (whatever the extent of that is) and that Kyogre and Groudon on the box are not what they seem (Heavily implied to be Mega Evolutions) and of course we have the names 'Omega' and 'Alpha'. A few things you might wanna think about to get the cogs moving:

• How much do you think OR/AS are going to stick to the original R/S plot?
  • What do you think the significance of Omega and Alpha is? (If any)
  • How will these new forms/evolutions of Groudon and Kyogre tie into the original R/S storyline with Team Aqua and Magma?
  • Do you think the history of peripherals with remakes (Pokewalker/E-reader/Wireless Link) will give us a new gadget this time?
  • Do you expect tie-ins with X/Y anywhere?

One thing I've been thinking about is whether or not the Strange Souvenir from the backpacker in the Lumiose Hotel will have some sort of connection to a Sevii Islands-ish extra region. Hoenn is fairly tropical so kind of fits the motif of having some kind of Easter Island type area somewhere nearby.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:34 by Turner »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: OR/AS Speculation Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 17:34 »
I think that for Groudon and Kyogre's "mega evolutions":

- They'll be much more influential, as they'll now have capabilities to flood the entire world, or turn all ocean into land.
- Kyogre's Special Attack stat may reach 190/200 and Groudon's attack might hit 190/200, whilst both could hit 100 base speed with +30 in each defense stat.
- It'll be very similar to RS plotwise, with you having to explore the region and defeating the version-exclusive team / legendary.

Omega and Alpha could tie in to Beta or Gamma, when you consider Rayquaza might fall in line with the "mega evolution that is really new markings" treatment.

Apart from the plot, the region might be a few years after R/S happened with the Teams resurging (hahah Team Aqua). So New Mauville could be the main town because something happened to Old Mauville...

We might have another switch-around in terms of the Water Gym Leader, but I do hope Wallace stays stuck in that gym and Stone gets the champion spot.

As you said, I expect the strange souvenir to fit in, and maybe Lati@sites will exist on Southern Island (possibly requiring a ticket to get them?). Possibly, they might be fightable on SI and they could be coded to Mega Evolve on Turn 1?

More legends will probably feature, the Regi trio might come in but with Regigigas available again. I could see Tornadus / Thundurus being roamers, and it could be possible to get Heatran again. Otherwise, who knows? Don't forget Mew though!

That's all for now, sorry for the massive amount of stuff!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 18:27 »
I believe the creation trio will be available as:

FRLG had Navel Rock to catch Ho-oh and Lugia

And

HGSS had embedded tower to catch Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza.

Plus DPG haven't been catchable since gen IV, so they kinda need another appearance.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 18:40 »

And

Plus DPG haven't been catchable since gen IV, so they kinda need another appearance.

As long as yet again the Legendary Birds do not appear AGAIN, I am fine.

I was thinking... will event islands be events again... or available from day one? Because getting a Latiosite or a Latiasite in that island would make perfect sense to me, as well as a time-spacial bounch of Pokémon within the domains of the Mirage Island.

Also, Latiosite = real mixed Latios (lurer, although I guess this set will become popular and players will not tend to bring Heatran in front of him anymore).

EDIT: I remember that in the Mossdeep Space Center there was some scientist talking about meteors. Event Deoxys?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 20:46 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 21:49 »
Regigigas is most likely to be catchable. It IS tied to the other Regis after all and every game it is in requires you to catch the first three before it wakes up. I hope Rock Climb returns!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 21:50 »
EDIT: I remember that in the Mossdeep Space Center there was some scientist talking about meteors. Event Deoxys?

Maybe it'll be that they have returned from a space mission and found a meteor that changes Deoxys' forme?

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 17:04 »
I think it's more than likely that the games may stick closer to the Emerald storyline than RS, like HGSS did. Though there's definitely gonna be more content than that. Hopefully Rayquaza qill get some latin mega too.

I think the 'alpha' and 'omega' being the first and last letters of the Latin alphabet are clear references to the whole theme of RSE being about beginning and ends, like the cave of origin/mt pyre though they may play on that even further now.

Ooh the peripheral thing.. I was thinking about that but what could they add to the 3DS?

And I'm sure there'll be some XY references. We'll probably get a visit from Alexa or something whilst she's researching a story.

There's probably gonna be legendaries but I really don't know which ones - and I agree, no more birds please :dry:

I'm looking forward to revamped secret bases and the there'll probably be some new area, not sure if it will be as vast as the Sevii Islands.

And I really want to see the Emerald battle frontier   ;D

Wolstenholme

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 17:22 »
I thought I'd post this here since this is the only speculation thread about future games haha okay:

I was thinking about mega evolutions and how some of them are 'X' and some are 'Y' and I wondered how they might incorporate those names into future games and I thought maybe they might change the mechanic so they're actually called like that because X mega stones would only work on males and Y might only work on females (because chromosomes) in future - I always felt like version exclusive stones were a ridiculous idea and I was wondering what they might do about it in OR/AS

idk if this even makes sense to anyone else

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 18:27 »
I thought I'd post this here since this is the only speculation thread about future games haha okay:

I was thinking about mega evolutions and how some of them are 'X' and some are 'Y' and I wondered how they might incorporate those names into future games and I thought maybe they might change the mechanic so they're actually called like that because X mega stones would only work on males and Y might only work on females (because chromosomes) in future - I always felt like version exclusive stones were a ridiculous idea and I was wondering what they might do about it in OR/AS

Can you imagine the breeding though? Imagine finally hatching that perfect 31/31/31/x/31/31 adamant Charmander only to find that it's female. I hope in the future that the split in megastone distribution will be a little more sensible but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 22:43 »

And

To support this further, was I the only one who thought it was a little odd that the creation trio's orbs were in Zygarde's chamber, despite really having nothing to do with Zygarde? I mean, they could have been anywhere else in the cave, or maybe a different room on their own, but they were in Zygarde's chamber, so they would be pretty hard to miss if you went there to catch Zygarde. Why would they make these items so easy to find if they were for pokemon you had to transfer up twice? Also, there's Drasna, who mentions being inspired to become a dragon trainer because of stories of the pokemon of time and space, so foreshadowing maybe? Also, it'd be kinda cool if she showed up during this theoretical event where you get them, or triggered it or something.

As for other legendaries, well Latios and Latias are almost guaranteed. I hope we get their mega stones. I kinda hope we will be able to get gen III's event pokemon without an event, but they'll likely be in there in some way. And, let's face it, the birds are likely, though I hope I'm wrong. Other then that, I'm not really sure, but I hope they put in a lot of legendaries, like in HGSS. I was sort of disappointed by the small amount of legendaries in X and Y.

yeah I added pretty much nothing...
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 23:07 »
Also, there's Drasna, who mentions being inspired to become a dragon trainer because of stories of the pokemon of time and space, so foreshadowing maybe? Also, it'd be kinda cool if she showed up during this theoretical event where you get them, or triggered it or something.
Or even some super epic event where we get Drasna, Lance, Claire, Drake, Iris and Drayden meet up and like, do something cool. That'd be pretty neat, but at this point it's not even speculation, just dreams.
ahhh

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 12:27 »

Is it really any different to version exclusive pokémon though? It's supposed to be a variation on the same world, so there's no reason that the same mega stones should occur.

I also think that the mega groudon/kyogre abilities will bring back infinite weather

Cynthia will probably turn up at some point because she does that.

also MEGA FUSION REGI!!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 19:49 »

It's a nice theory but Masuda said that X/Y were actually supposed to represent X and Y axis rather than chromosomes but who knows if that isn't just a red herring for something we've yet to discover in a future game. Literally naming a Pokemon after the version of the game seems more like TCG thing than a main-series game thing.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 20:56 »
Pokemon following you again anyone?

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 21:10 »
As ruby and saphire introduced double batles it would be nice to see the champion was steven and wallace but only when you battled the champion again that it would be one or the other depending on which game you bought

Y FC:0344-9270-9498