Author Topic: New Mega Evolutions - What would you like to see?  (Read 3666 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
New Mega Evolutions - What would you like to see?
« on: July 16, 2014, 15:56 »
At first I took a bit of a cautious view to Mega Evolutions, although now using a vairty of them in X/Y, I've come to appricate them as a sort of 'up grade' to current Pokemon without changing them too much.  There were a few Pokemon that seemed odd they weren't given mega evos, like Metagross, but it seems they were being saved for ORAS.

But what new Mega Evos would you like to see, or expect?

For one I think we'd see a Mega Camrupt and Sharpedo, X & Y used a Mega Evo on the Big Bad Team Leader's Pokemon team and within the game's theme of Mega Pokemon, it gave it an epic feel.  These two were Archie's and Maxie's signature Pokemon back in RSE, I'd be suprised if they didn't.    Although GameFreak could give them different Pokemon, I'd think a mega evo would be sutiable for these Pokemon.  On a personal note, I would love to see it.

Rayquaza  seems obivous, it's usually in the same bracket as Kyroge/Groudon.

Mega Dusknoir, maybe, it was always paired with Banette when it was Dusclops, but I felt Banette giving an Mega Evo was to make up for it not having an evolution whilst Dusclops did.

A few ones I'd like to see: Mega Salamence, Mega Dragonite, Mega Armaldo, Mega Wailord (oh please this would be so fantastic, please make it twice the size of reguler Wailord or something.)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 16:01 by Ledyba »

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: New Mega Evolutions - What would you like to see?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 16:19 »
The johto starters. If they give gen 1 and 3 starters megas and not gen 2 I will not be pleased. Grass/fairy water/dragon and fire/ground thanks.

For gen 3 pokemon I'd say flygon, cacturne, zangoose+seviper, a fairy/dragon mega altaria and maybe ludicolo and shiftry too.

EDiT: Oh and mega ludicolo should get a new ability that boosts the effect of dance attacks. And it gets quiver dance because it's fabulous.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 16:41 »
Mega meganium and mega yanmega. 
for mega omega ruby. 

also jynx. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 17:03 »
The johto starters. If they give gen 1 and 3 starters megas and not gen 2 I will not be pleased. Grass/fairy water/dragon and fire/ground thanks.

For gen 3 pokemon I'd say flygon, cacturne, zangoose+seviper, a fairy/dragon mega altaria and maybe ludicolo and shiftry too.

EDiT: Oh and mega ludicolo should get a new ability that boosts the effect of dance attacks. And it gets quiver dance because it's fabulous.

All of this xD Except maybe Water/Dark with Strong Jaw for Feraligatr?
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 17:32 »
Seems okay for Feraligatr. Both type combinations are somewhat boring though, but they make sense...

I'd like to see a Mega Froslass / Glalie / Claydol / Cradily / Armaldo / Shiftry / Exploud / Solrock / Lunatone. They all seem like possibilities for Megas.

Froslass: Ice / Ghost w/ Levitate
Glalie: Ice / Dark with Unnerve or Intimidate
Claydol: Ground / Psychic with Regenerator
Cradily: Grass / Rock with Contrary
Armaldo: Rock / Bug with Tough Claws
Shiftry: Grass / Fight with Justified or Infiltrator
Exploud: Normal / Psychic or Normal with Analytic
Solrock: Steel / Psychic with ???
Lunatone: Steel / Psychic with Shadow Tag

Those are just thoughts, though Lunatone and Solrock are counterparts so I don't know what Solrock could have xD

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: New Mega Evolutions - What would you like to see
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 18:07 »
^For Solrock I'd been thinking Rock/Fire with drought, but then had the problem of that not fitting Lunatone as a counterpart xD

I'd like to see, however unlikely, mega Grumpig, Altaria, Flygon, Walrein, Tropius, Ludicolo, Salamence & Meganium. Meganium doesn't really count though, because I'm assuming they'll stick to (mostly) Hoenn mon or their evolutions.

I'd prolly go;

Grumpig - Psychic / Dark - Magic Bounce (it's signature move in gen III was magic coat)

80/45/65/90/110/80 -> 80/45/100/120/145/80

Altaria - Dragon / Fairy - Fur Coat (or regenerator if too OP)

75/70/90/70/105/80 -> 75/75/90/110/140/100

Flygon - Dragon / Bug - Tinted Lens (look at those eyes!)

80/100/80/80/80/100 -> 80/135/80/115/80/130

Walrein - Water / Ice - Blubber (New ability; halves the power of super effective contact hits.) or Storm Drain (as Spriter suggested)

110/80/90/95/90/65 -> 110/80/130/115/130/65

Tropius - Grass / Dragon - Drought (I've always wanted a grass type to get drought, and I think it works for Tropius, given it's abilities are all sun based atm)

99/68/83/72/87/51 -> 99/73/103/112/107/66

Ludicolo - Grass / Water - Contrary (it... Kinda fits?) or Swift Swim but for SpA

80/70/70/90/100/70 -> 80/70/80/125/135/90

Salamence - Dragon / Flying - Aerilate (Makes a tonne of sense, but Richard and I worked out that if it got even a 25 point attack boost it is impossible to switch into. Like, literally impossible in OU)

95/135/80/110/80/100 -> 95/155/80/150/100/120

Meganium - Grass / Fairy - Wonder Guard Regenerator (Kind of suits Meganium, and it has the ability to revive dead plants)

80/82/100/83/100/80 -> 80/92/130/113/130/80

I'll probably add more later as I can be bothered

Armaldo - Bug / Rock - Tough Claws (Spriter said it earlier and I really wanted to try and do Base Stats for it because it sounds like it could be awesome!)

75/125/100/70/80/45 -> 75/150/110/70/90/100

Cradily - Grass / Rock - Natural Cure (Idk, makes sense and it'd be nice for a mega that lacks a way of dealing with Toxic)

86/81/97/81/107/43 -> 86/96/137/96/147/33
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 17:00 by RubyRobin »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

MonsterMon64

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 18:15 »
Mega Hariyama is really all I want. I talked about what to do with its stat boosts in another topic, but for the life of me I can't decide what to do for an ability, or even if it really needs a new one (that also makes thematic sense) As for typing, I'd say either keep it pure Fighting or go with Fighting/Steel.

Offline Makoto Niijima

• Formerly known as Juri Han.I am number 165 Ledyba in the PKMN crew 3. I <3 Rex. PSN is: JuriRyuugu
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm a member of S. T. A. R. S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 20:04 »
I would love to see Mega Wailord too <3 As well as Mega Flygon, Salamence, Sharpedo and Rayquaza.

Rex made the awesome sig <3

Sakura
Thanks to Psychic Fire for my adorable Ledyba

Thanks Jaze Briena for my Ledyba recoloured as Glaceon =)

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 20:28 »
^For Solrock I'd been thinking Rock/Fire with drought, but then had the problem of that not fitting Lunatone as a counterpart xD

Walrein - Water / Ice - ??? (I want to say snow warning, but I don't think it'd be very useful tbh)

Salamence - Dragon / Flying - Aerilate (Makes a tonne of sense, but Richard and I worked out that if it got even a 25 point attack boost it is impossible to switch into. Like, literally impossible in OU)

Walrein could get something like Storm Drain I guess :s

Salamence could get Adaptability, bet that's still impossible to switch in to though :P

I was thinking Fire / Rock and Psychic / Rock are probably suitable, then you could try Drought and Telepathy (Telepathy being the closest thing to gravitational pull of the moon, ability wise). That kinda patches up the problem concerning them being counterparts, I guess.

Iron Fist for Hariyama would rock, honestly. Especially if it gets Fighting / Steel.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 20:35 »
Let me return at my eight-year-old stage:

Since Arceus is THE Pokémon, it should definitely get a Megaevolution, with Protean as HIS/HER/THEIR ability, due to the fact Arceus is supposed to grasp every Pokémon and Type (with the Plates).

For Salamence, I would actually increase its mixed abilities and not focus that much on attack. An ability like Sheer Force would still  make it a force, but the only movement that would actually benefit from it would be Fire Blast. Mold Breaker would make it use a very good physical set with Earthquake, and Defiant... well, Salamence was defiant to its own nature and acquired wings.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 23:31 »
All I want from life is Mega Cradily <3

Although, while I do expect mostly Hoenn mons for new Megas.. just putting it out there that Zygarde needs some sort of boost (a Mega would put him 20 bst above Xerneas and Yveltal), and his whole deal is people messing with the environment. It's a long shot, but post-game plot arc for Mega Zygarde perhaps?

Also yeah, seconding the calls for Mega Camerupt / Sharpedo / Flygon / Salamence / Tropius (if there weren't calls for Mega Tropius, there should've been).

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 02:56 »
I'd like to see these:

Mega Roserade
Mega Mightyena-Why should Houndoom and Manectric get all the fun?
Mega Gallade-Surprised they didn't do it earlier
Mega Exploud with an ability that boosts Sound moves
Mega Caturne- Give it a much more menacing look and larger spikes with Poison Point ability
Mega Kingdra
Mega Weezing- Make it Poison/Fire and with a thick black cloud of smog surrounding its entire boby and occasionally having flames erupt from it. Makes sense since Weezing can learn Fire type attacks and smog is created from fire and pollution.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 16:26 »
There should be a Mega Tropius with bazooka bananas tbh

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 17:14 »
Mega Claydol with larger spikes on its hands and head. I'm thinking the hand spikes would sort of be similar to Escaviler's lances.

"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 17:53 »
Mega Ninjask with 1000000 speed