Author Topic: Water Starters I made up  (Read 3152 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MonsterMon64

Water Starters I made up
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:55 »
Made these mere moments before Sun and Moon's starters were officially revealed iirc:

I vaguely recall wanting to make Grass and Fire starters to go with these, but I guess I never got around to them. These starters don't have names, either, come to think of it. And I still need to think of a proper color scheme...

Anyway, here's the final form's base stats, if anyone's interested:
HP: 100
Attack: 127
Defense: 85
Sp.ATK: 72
Sp.Def: 50
Speed: 100
BST = 534

I tried to make it good while keeping in line with starters’ general limitations, though considering its typing, I guess whether it’d be good or not depends on whatever move pool I give it. As far as level-up moves, I think the line would learn Block at some point. Water Spout is something I considered, too, but 72 Sp.ATK probably means it won't get much use out of it. Also, I think Teeter Dance would be a fun egg move, but that’s just me. Oh, and for what it’s worth, its egg groups are Monster and Human-Like.

There's more I could say about the stats, etc., but really, I just like the designs and wanted to share them.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Water Starters I made up
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 15:02 »
Basically we're looking at a slightly worse, physical version of keldeo that can't burn. It's a cool pokemon, and I love the 85 base move, being more powerful, prefect accuracy and lowering speed. The only issue I see is that being a revenge killer/anti-sweeper, its defenses make it awfully frail, despite having 100 base HP, but you have to have flaws somewhere. It would be a very interesting pokemon to use to say the least (just don't change it to no guard dynamic punch, we don't need more of that).
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

MonsterMon64

Re: Water Starters I made up
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 16:10 »
^Yeah, I thought about switching its Sp.ATK with its Sp.DEF at the very least, but that felt like min-maxing more than I already did with that BST. Even giving it 127 base Attack and that low a Sp.DEF is pushing it for a starter, too, so yeah, flaws where needed I guess. (For those not aware, a fully evolved starter's base stat total typically doesn't exceed 534, excluding Swampert and megas not counting, and none of their base stats have been higher than 123 or lower than 60, Torterra's base 56 Speed being the exception.)

And nah, Machamp can keep No Guard Dynamic Punch =P Thanks for the input though! Not sure about Single battles, but I'm guessing its two signature moves with Drain Punch/some other Fighting move and Protect might be its best bet in doubles? Haven't decided if Reflect Wave works on itself or just allies, feels like it might be a bit overpowered if it worked in Singles too, but then it's highly situational move as it is, I guess.