Author Topic: tell good fun and uplifting stories about real life here to store for the winter  (Read 814 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
essentially just those things that happen to you, or your friends, or friends of a friend that you think could give someone a laugh or a smile or a warmed heart on a bad day

i will start

i have this friend who's egyptian, and when shes in england she's the most intelligent, studious english literature/politics/theatre studies/wine nut you'll ever meet: she's hermione granger.  that's not an exaggeration - if you met her, you would be like 'this is hermione - wow' because a) she's got the hair, b) she's head girl and c) she's literally the brightest girl in the world probably.  she gets like hundreds of pounds a year through winning story, poetry and essay contests and the head actually increased the size of her bursary so she could afford to stay at school.  she also loves puns and is bffs with my girlfriend-who-is-not-quite-a-girlfriend-but-sort-of-is.  it's complicated.

so, anyway: that is her academic life.  when she's in egypt, though, she helps out on the family farm.  she told us this story in class today about the time she went back around 10 years ago.  when they got there, everything was normal and in order - no unprecedented livestock deaths, everything was as expected.  a week later, though, she headed outside and there was a forklift by the farm, which was very confused about so she headed closer to it to get a better look.

plot twist: it was not just a forklift.  someone was stealing the cow.  at about seven years old, there was literally nothing she could do about this, so she just watched as the cow was lifted and placed gently on the back of the truck. 

thanks gl <3

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
So my little sister is 6. She's decided that when she is old enough she's going to move to Edinburgh (like me). She and her friends are going to all stay in a flat together. Not just any flat, oh no! It has to be one with an attic where they're all going to have big white bunk beds and massive windows so they can see outside. She's not sure what friends she's inviting yet but she's working on it.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
It was a couple days after Christmas 2014 and my cousin was over fooling around with us. Unlike this year, where we finally just got our first year snow, the roads were nice and icy. So he went to get lunch and I went with him because, you know, why not? He decided on the way home that it would be funny to purposefully spin his little car on one of the iciest roads on our route. Thank goodness the road was empty but he was laughing the entire time and the blood rushed to my head. Needless to say, my brother went next time.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
this little robin got trapped in our school cafeteria the other day!! it was after hours, so there weren't too many people around and it wasn't distressed, but it took both deputy head girls, head of catering, drama technician and a caretaker to set it free.  the videos include gems like the head of catering's scream when it flew very close to her, and the phrase 'shall we try wafting again??'

thanks gl <3