Author Topic: [J] An Extinction Game [Ad][Fu][Sf]  (Read 3316 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
[J] An Extinction Game [Ad][Fu][Sf]
« on: August 16, 2015, 03:23 »
"What is the Authority?

The Authority is an independent company responsible for travel through the multiverse. That's how we found you. As the lone survivor of the extinction of the human race on your own alternate Earth, the Authority deems you - and a group of similar survivors from other alternates - the most appropriate people to explore and collect data from each newly discovered alternate Earth. We will call you the Pathfinders."

Indeed. This Role Play is set in the not-so-distant future of the Earth(s), when each alternate universe (working on the thesis that a new version of Earth is created every time a decision is made), is reaching its 'extinction event' a circumstance which causes the human population of the Earth to be wiped out.
The Authority come from perhaps the only Earth that is advanced enough to create technology to allow travel between these alternates and plan to use these versions of our planet to harvest resources and other technologies that may save their own version of the planet.
The Authority sought out a crack team of survivors - Pathfinders - who happened to be the very last humans alive on their alternates to help them explore alternates and retrieve their valuable resources. Your character in this RP will be one of these so-called "Pathfinders."

The usual Role Play rules apply - you guys know the drill by now.
Show basic respect, don't make your character the most important, don't try to control anyone else's character, no potty-mouth, no hanky panky, no  overly graphic blood and gore.

Form!
Name:
<you know the drill, peeps>
Physical description: <are they lanky? Do they have a silly moustache? Do they exclusively wear onesies paired with crocs and socks?>
Personality: <what are they like? Is there something they absolutely can't tolerate? How do they act around others? What is their Hogwarts house?>
History: <what made them a survivor? Where did they come from? What caused the extinction of their alternate?>
Other: <you can put particular strengths or weaknesses here, you can tell me if they have a skill that might come in handy. They might have a pet that they brought with them. That goes here too. But the beauty of it is, you don't have to put anything here>
Starter Post: <You can talk about them retrieving you from your alternate, how a button was pressed and you ended up in this sort of clinical science-y place, being debriefed on your circumstances and then being left to meet your fellow Pathfinders. You don't have to mention all of this stuff if you're not gonna have time though. Up to you.>

Saved spots:
Sapphire thingy thing
Breaking whatshisface

This Role Play is quite loosely based on the book Extinction Game by Gary Gibson.

*also, yes boys I couldn't wait until Monday and whipped this up ASAP.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 22:42 by Waterstone »
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: [J] An Extinction Game [Ad][Fu][Sf]
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 22:11 »
This sounds crazy but fun, I'll get a form up soon ^_^
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 22:27 »
The last part of the physical description killed me, i'll be honest. W-what? 2 roleplay threads at the same time? This is scandalous! This is blasphemy! This is....completely acceptable and can you please save me a spot so that I can brainstorm character ideas? because Dick's is putting my brain through the wringer right now.

also my house would be either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 21:44 »
yooo I almost forgot about this. Here's my - as yet incomplete - form so y'all can post yours too

Name: Carrie Harper 
Physical description: 
Personality: 
History: Carrie's alternate was wiped out by a mutated chemical used in a universal chemotherapy drug which, it was hoped, would end cancer once and for all. A while after the drug was developed, enough doses were created to vaccinate the entire planet. A few weeks after the administration of the drug to the mass population, people across the world began to die out, leaving only a handful of survivors whose immune systems had managed to battle the negative effect of the drug. Carrie, though her body had defeated the illness which effected billions of others, was left bald. Despite believing that she was the only human left on Earth, Carrie managed to survive two entire years alone on the planet attempting to reach somewhere the drug hadn't been administered. For this, the Authority saw Carrie as a survivor and rescued her for the Pathfinder programme.
Other: <you can put particular strengths or weaknesses here, you can tell me if they have a skill that might come in handy. They might have a pet that they brought with them. That goes here too. But the beauty of it is, you don't have to put anything here>
Starter Post: <You can talk about them retrieving you from your alternate, how a button was pressed and you ended up in this sort of clinical science-y place, being debriefed on your circumstances and then being left to meet your fellow Pathfinders. You don't have to mention all of this stuff if you're not gonna have time though. Up to you.>
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 22:39 »
Name: Daniel Jess (love you random name generator)
Physical Description:
Personality:
History: Dan's alternate was wiped out by a plague. It wasn't just a "get sick, vomit all over yourself until your organs shut down and die" illness. This illness, dubbed simply as "The Sickness" did have the ordinary symptoms, however there was something special with it. If you got infected, no signs would pop up for a while, but suddenly you would start acting more aggressively, and it would progress to you trying to infect others and/or kill them. You'd still have your human thinking, it was just less rational. Despite the best efforts, a cure wasn't found and people started dying off. Needless to say, the last of the healthy people were those with practical knowledge of survival (like shooting a gun and scavenging). However, the last healthy people eventually started getting picked off by the infected. After months of barely surviving, Dan was deemed "worthy" and teleported to that strange government place because of many of your everyday survivor qualities and sheer dumb luck allowed him to survive and not be affected directly by The Sickness.
Other: He's a decent shot if weapons come into play.
Starter Post:

((Will finish when inspiration strikes))
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN