Author Topic: Dreams, goals, inspirations  (Read 2517 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Dreams, goals, inspirations
« on: July 23, 2015, 23:39 »
Short term or long term, what do you want to do with your life. Not necessarily career wise, could be anything like wanting to climb Everest or whatever, I don't judge. Also why, when, how sort of thing and who inspires you.

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams, goals, inspirations
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 00:04 »
I've got two that come to mind (:

A friend and I want to start a tea line or something like that where we make our own blends of tea. Instead of having a flavour that sits on the tongue like how much of the tea we've tasted (mostly fruit teas I think), the flavour goes everywhere in the mouth!

I want to buy my own plot of land and build a maaaaaassive apartment on it. It'll be like the condors you find in Singapore and will be loads of stories tall. I'll rent out all floors (2 groups of tenants per floor) except for the top three, the top floor being reserved for me and the other two floors are for family & friends. It's inspired by Le Corbusier's 5 Points of Architecture, so it'll have a roof garden (botany pls? And LOTS OF FLOWERS!!!!) too. It won't be achieved until much later, but w.e, so long as I get it up before I die. I'm gonna need to get a lot of money before I can do this though...
Also, it's going to have a swirly slide for easy access to lower floors.

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 00:29 »
I desperately desperately want to travel the world. I love history, art, culture, and language, and I really want to experience a country when I visit it instead of just going to see what is considered a big deal. If I get to study abroad I wanna see as much of Europe as I can, and after I see a few countries then I want to get a tattoo of the map of the world on my back and color in the places that I've been to.

I've also been obsessed with getting my GPA up when college is back in session, and hitting the gym more often. I kind of want to join the bodybuilding club so I can have gym buddies and spotters and stuff. I just really wanna focus on improving myself, especially since I had such a rocky start to my yesr. Hoping I can end 2015 on the best note possible for a better 2016.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 01:37 »
be an animator or popular comic writer/artist
be mentally capable of existing, maybe be able to pass as neurotypical.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02 »
The "dream" is to be a top player in a competitive game but I'm not very good at games and I lack the discipline to practice enough to get good so rip that.

More realistically I'd like to spend some time living in Korea, would be cool I think. Korea seems like a really cool country, and the language is really nice to look at and I'd like to learn it one day, and what better way to learn than to immerse yourself right? Plus I could go and watch high level eSport in person, how exciting.

Beyond that maybe an IT teacher of some sort or something? I like IT a lot and sometimes I think it might be fun to teach kids how to be good at computers but then I think about what it would be like trying to teach the kids who just wanna play games and I don't know if I'd be cut out for it. My inspiration for this are all the cool IT teachers I've had who make the subject interesting, and helped me learn everything I've learned to do with IT.

Maybe a programmer or something? I'd need to practice and learn a lot more though, I'm not all that great right now at least. It's pretty fun though, and I'm going to university to do Computer Science so I guess it's an option?

I haven't really thought about the future much. I guess my only real goal right now is to do well when I start university in September. Wish me luck :^)
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 08:20 »
At this point, the only thing I want to be able to do is look back on my life and be happy with it. Still don't have a clue career wise, and whilst I'd love to have a relationship, settle down and look towards marriage and kids I don't know if I'm ready for that. Plus, life can throw anything at you haha

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 11:00 »
I desperately desperately want to travel the world. I love history, art, culture, and language, and I really want to experience a country when I visit it instead of just going to see what is considered a big deal. If I get to study abroad I wanna see as much of Europe as I can, and after I see a few countries then I want to get a tattoo of the map of the world on my back and color in the places that I've been to.
!!! And all of this, too! Minus the tattoo part... I'm actually teaching myself how to read Japanese at the moment so that I can hopefully one day go to Japan too (:

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 12:50 »
idk i just wanna be a gaming youtuber i don't care how many there are playing games is fun and i want this
i just need a good computer

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 13:24 »
I've just taken on a car leasing franchise from a broker we work with and I want to make it successful within the local area before branching it out into the wider region and maybe the whole country.

I'm not motivated by money, I want to put the customer first so I can get the repeat business. If it makes hundreds of thousands or millions; brilliant. I just want to pay the bills and have a bit of disposable income left over to fund my hobbies like music stuff and gaming.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 17:34 »
I want to be on the West End as a chorus member at least by the time I'm 30.  Failing that, I want to be a mental health nurse.

My main jive though would be to reform how mental health services work and are offered but that's a whole other carrot that i'm not even going to start explaining.

thanks gl <3

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 19:00 »
I have plans to get my degree finished and save a bit of money up in the coming years for travelling and doing conservation work. I'd also like to do a PhD and do Biology teaching, but I'm not sure in which order aha. Short term I'd like to stop smoking and cut down my drinking to feel a bit more healthy, but I can't see that happening aha!

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 20:17 »
Hopefully in 2 years time finish my degree (still need to start it yet lol) and then have a wild year of travel and adventuring after I graduate. Afterwards I want to get a decent paying and stable job, doing digital art sort of stuff or some nice soul destroying graphic design work.  I love looking into the psychology of design and helping people, so infographics or branding would be cool. I'd love to enter or even win design competitions like the d&d awards.
Failing that I'd go into teaching and become an art teacher or primary teacher. I love learning and reading so like a research type masters or something would be fun too.
life wise maybe meet someone nice and then settle down towards my 30s and have kids I guess?? just be more happy in myself and appreciate things more.

I don't really have a clue rn tbh

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 20:48 »
Well, I want to get as many college classes done as I can while i'm in HS so that's less I have to pay for. I plan to go to medical school to be a doctor, or at least be a nurse to start. Earning as many scholarships as I can will help out too.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 16:02 »
I've been thinking about this since I saw this topic was posted, had no idea what to post. However, I've had a think about it and have some ideas now:

- Longer term:

• Get a first in my degree, this was something I didn't realise was possible until very recently, turns out uni is going better than expected. Just need to keep it up for the next two years (;)) and I'm golden. Really proud of myself so far though.
  • Get a job of some kind after uni, preferably something statistical if I still feel that way in two years time. However to do this I will need to improve my programming skills dramatically. I think this is achievable, but another idea I've had is maybe doing a masters in statistics after my degreee or even going into actuarial science if I'm lucky enough. All just ideas for now though.

- Short Term:

• Remain focused when I go back to uni in september, study harder this year than ever before as the difficulty will ramp up considerably.
  • Improve my mathematical programming skills, these will be important for future employment whichever path I choose to take
  • Get the confidence to join the spanish classes in uni for extra credit/fun, just want to continue learning spanish in general, now I've settled in a bit I think I can manage it :)

When I write it out like this the future seems less daunting, however I know how bad I am for procrastinating and if I want to achieve these things it's a habit I need to break!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 02:20 »
i wanna get a really fat belly so i can fill it full of curry and flop it onto tables in restaurants and be a disgrace

failing that become a mental health professional