Pokémon Games > Team Building

Hail Team?

<< < (4/5) > >>

spyhunter7:
I'm thinking about Alakazam right now. Magic Guard is great to dismiss the Hail damage, and is good with Focus Blast. Just add a Life Orb or even Expert Belt if you want, and you can punch a good hole into Tyranitar. Then again, you might have to instead use a Focus Sash, now that I consider Alakazam's fragility...

f3raligatr:

--- Quote from: spyhunter7 on May 05, 2012, 16:17 ---I'm thinking about Alakazam right now. Magic Guard is great to dismiss the Hail damage, and is good with Focus Blast. Just add a Life Orb or even Expert Belt if you want, and you can punch a good hole into Tyranitar. Then again, you might have to instead use a Focus Sash, now that I consider Alakazam's fragility...

--- End quote ---

Just as a heads up, Magic Guard negates the recoil damage from Life Orb, so your choice of item with Alakazam should always be either Focus Sash or Life Orb, depending on what you want to do. If you do want to use Alakazam in the aim of stopping Tyranitar, as crazy as it sounds, you'll have to go for a Focus Sash knowing you cannot be OHKO'd in the event that it's a Scarf'd tar.

Spriter:
Alakazam also has great use in killing fast and boosted sweepers too, and with Psych Up and Focus Sash, it can steal +2 Virizion's CM boosts and sweep.

Laprabi:

--- Quote from: Liam on May 05, 2012, 15:29 ---^That's a lot easier said than done.

--- End quote ---

This. With Team Preview, the opponent will know that you have an Abomasnow. They will also know to keep Tyranitar/Politoed/Ninetales alive for as long as possible. They only need to be in for one turn, and can be used as a lead. By the way, the way weather works for leads means that the slower lead's weather stays.

GYARADOS IS A BEAST:
Lead with a abomasnow with
wood hammer/giga drain/blizzard/avalanch
frosslass with snow cloak
Blizzard/darkpulse/shadow ball/any move
hitmontop
Rapid spin/close combat/high jump kick/stealth rocks
Pignite
Roar/flame charge/heat crash/brickbreak
Tangrowth
/power whip/gigadrain/sleeppowder/sludgebomb
Gyarados