Pokémon Games > Team Building

Am I the Only One That Uses Scrafty for OU Battling?

<< < (2/2)

Richard and Blaziken:
King's Shield is good, but can be predictable at some point and if predicted correctly, can leave the opponent a free turn to stat boost.

Anyway, Scrafty is good, but the horrible Speed lets it down. Even at +1, it's outsped by a lot of common OU Pokemon, and Scarfers really hurt it's usefulness. Like I said, this doesn't make Scrafty bad, but Pokemon like Conkeldurr have more overall usefulness in 5th gen OU. Now with the quad Fairy weakness, Scrafty is even less likely to hit OU, but it doesn't mean you can't use it in OU. With team support, specifically Paralysis support on Pokemon that resists Fighting and/or Fairy (Aegislash actually makes a good defensive partner), you could run a DD or Bulk Up set pretty decently. However, don't bother with Focus Sash, as entry hazards make it useless. I'd go either Life Orb or Chesto Berry with DD, Crunch, Drain Punch/High Jump Kick, Ice Punch/Rest (with Chesto Berry, obviously).

Hahex and Oshawott:

--- Quote from: Richard and Blaziken on October 27, 2013, 10:20 ---However, don't bother with Focus Sash, as entry hazards make it useless. I'd go either Life Orb or Chesto Berry with DD, Crunch, Drain Punch/High Jump Kick, Ice Punch/Rest (with Chesto Berry, obviously).

--- End quote ---
I kinda disagree with this point, rapid spin and defog support reduces the impact of entry hazards. I feel they'll be a lot less impactful this gen.
I could've sworn scrafty got sucker punch as well? Maybe I'm mistaken

Liam:
Rapid spin support and defog buff aren't completely going to eliminate hazards, they'll still be there on most teams (especially stealth rocks as it only takes one turn rather than spikes/toxic spikes which are more time consuming) because they're just too good to pass up. If anything, players will aim to kill defog/spinners more quickly just to keep their hazards up rather than just building teams without them. That would be silly. You also forget sand (and less importantly hail lol) because sand is yet again the best weather due to the nerf. Hippowdon and Tyranitar are the only good automatic weather setters in OU, Politoed and Ninetails are miserable without perma-weather. Another problem with going with focus sash is that you miss out on the power increase life orb would give you or the extra sustainability that leftovers would give you, bearing in mind that Scrafty, even at +1 isn't incredibly strong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version