Author Topic: What are your favourite decks?  (Read 4012 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline NastiiiMonkey

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
What are your favourite decks?
« on: December 26, 2014, 08:41 »
Throughout the whole world of the Pokemon Trading Card Game there have been many cards and many decks have been formed. What are your favourite decks? Personally I really like uaing Round decks and Gallade/Malamar EX.

Round Decks are decks that revolve around the move Round,  which is only available to a few Pokemon such as Exploud, Seismitoad, Palpitoad, Meloetta EX and many otners. Round does 30-50 damage but for each Pokemon which has Round in play, it adds damage. I run this deck with 4 Whismur, 4 Exploud, 4 Meloetta EX, 1 Emolga and 1 Exeggcute. I do not run Loudred as I have 4 rare candies ans Exploud is my main attacker as it does 50 damage per Round user in play although it costs 4 energy. Meloetta is a must use card in Round decks because it is a basic Pokemon which has Round so Call for Family/Pokemon Fan Club works for it. Emolga is just for Call for Family or a last resort plan. Exeggcute is run because of it's ability Propogation which I use for Ultra Balls.

The Gallade/Malamar EX deck is a deck I've never seen anyone use before. These 2 cards have great synergy together and can deal massive damage. Gallade is a pretty straight forward card where it takes 2 colourless energy to use Powerful Storm(does 20 damage for each energy on your Pokemon in play. Malamar EX's Hyper Hypnosis(each time you attach an energy to Malamar Ex, the defending Pokemon is asleep) has great synergy with Gallade. Malamar EX's MAXamar(flip a coin for each energy attached to your Malamar EX. For each heads, 60 damage is done). This is very good because for each energy in play, You do 20 damage on Gallade and Malamar Ex encourages you amd rewards you by attaching energy to it. Malamar EX puts the defending Pokemon to sleep and if Gallade does go down, you have a powered Malamar EX on the bench just waiting.

So what are your favourite decks? It doesn't have to be a good deck, it can be a fun one too like Top deck Xatu/Swoobat deck.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favourite decks?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 10:03 »
I haven't played since Team Rocket back in the day, but I watch J-Wittz and have since he was a Youtube nobody, heh. I don't really know enough about the current metagame, but I run a few different ones in the TCG GBC game, including FlameMaker, Rain Dance, Damage Swap, and a weird concoction of Pokemon that can all run on Grass energy that isn't very good, but fun to play against the crappy AI anyway.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 12:26 »
I have always been partial to the Trainer Decks. I like to add in final evolutions and tweak these decks.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:29 »
I just got back into the tcg, and I don't know anything about the current meta, but I like a floaty deck with a bunch of free-to-retreat bugs (like accelgor with one energy for 60) and an Empoleon lv. X to keep my opponent's hand small.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Dialga47

• 2nd Genner
  • Iceduck Fan
  • I've been a Pokémon fan for 21 great years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 14:28 »
I've been in the PKMN TCG for 14 years on September 9 and I love the Trading Card Game still but am I getting a bit too old to play it? :(
Rumor has it that Nintendo will be Remaking Diamond and Pearl. AWESOME!!!