Author Topic: RMT Gen 6 Bulky Offense Pillow Pet OU  (Read 904 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
RMT Gen 6 Bulky Offense Pillow Pet OU
« on: November 23, 2016, 16:23 »
I know we're a half week into gen 7. However, the meta is not developed, so that means I have time to post the team i'm most proud of atm since it's the first good team I made by myself (barring a few minor edits from a friend, shoutout to Avidity again). This team was built pre-MSable ban so keep that in mind as well.

What is Bulky Offense?

Bulky Offense is sort of similar to Hyper Offense in the way that they both generally don't run dedicated walls (since they sap momentum) and are offensive in nature. However, Bulky Offense differs in the fact of the team structure. Hyper Offense usually runs 6 sweepers in an attempt to overwhelm you by read based play. Bulky Offense does require prediction, however one misprediction won't always land you in serious trouble as would Hyper Offense. Bulky Offense runs 2-3 sweepers, at least 1 good pivot (usually Rotom Wash), and utility. It may look closer to Balance (which with ORAS got blasted out of the meta) than Hyper Offense, but Bulky Offense doesn't run any dedicated walls most of the time since they lose momentum.

ThunderBlunder777 explains this better than I do (his channel is cool, so check him out if you want). Here's the video he did on this team archetype if you want to find a more detailed analysis on this sort of team.

The Team:

Pillow Pet (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite 
Ability: Natural Cure 
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Dragon Dance 
- Return 
- Earthquake 
- Roost

Mega Altaria is the star of the show and what the team is centered around. Fairy return is a very good typing to have since only a few types resist it, and for those we have earthquake. Dragon Dance buffs Altaria's speed to a great level even after only one boost, and makes it's already great attack even higher. Roost is there to restore health if the luxury can be afforded. Adamant nature is there for max power as are the 252 attack ev's. 200 Speed give altaria an acceptable level of speed without most of it being wasted, and the rest are invested into to bulk.

Water Baby (Manaphy) @ Leftovers 
Ability: Hydration 
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe 
Timid Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Tail Glow 
- Scald 
- Energy Ball 
- Ice Beam 

This is just your standard stallbreaking set for Manaphy. Tail Glow + 3 Attacks. 1 Tail Glow boost scares a lot of stall mons into going into chansey, which means a double switch or free hit can be inflicted (though it's chansey so you may not get too far). 0 attack IV's so foul play does minimum damage. Nothing really fancy here.

Lavasaur (Heatran) @ Leftovers 
Ability: Flash Fire 
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Lava Plume 
- Toxic 
- Earth Power 
- Stealth Rock 

This version of heatran is a utility set. Stealth Rock punishes switching (especially for talonflame to try and take advantage of Mega Altaria) and helps net key KO's. Lava Plume spreads burns and cripples physical attackers susceptible to them. Earth Power is for if another heatran decides to be a wise guy and come in to set its own rocks. Toxic is to help discourage stalling pokemon from staying in. The spread is designed to help heatran do its job well, so it has a lot of HP and Speed EV's, with some for Special Defense to aid switching in. Even if it has no SpA Ev's, utility heatran can hit deceptively hard.

Tachycardia (Latios) @ Life Orb 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Defog 
- Draco Meteor 
- Roost 
- Psyshock 

Now Latias can fulfill the same role as latias in this case, but I preferred having a bit more of an offensive presence due to my next two pokemon not exactly being the definition of offense. Defog is there to wisk away entry hazards with SR has worn out its usefulness (and you have 50000 hazards on your side of the field). Roost allows recovery from LO recoil and damage if time permits. DM and Psyshock help to punch holes in the other team. If predicted, it can also be a check to pokemon like Azumarill and Keldeo. Be very careful about how you use either lati if a pursuit user is on the other team, because if you KO a pokemon, the other team basically gets a trade. If the pursuiter is smart, they can sack a pokemon that would be not useful in that match and take your hazard removal out, which would not be ideal, so play this smart.

Tangly Tom (Tangrowth) (M) @ Assault Vest 
Ability: Regenerator 
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD 
Sassy Nature 
- Giga Drain 
- Hidden Power [Fire] 
- Knock Off 
- Rock Tomb 

Tangrowth is the first of the two pivots (plus it also provides utility) this team contains. Giga Drain is stab, Knock off to get rid of items and HP Fire to scare away steel types. Rock Tomb is where things start to get interesting. This move is great for if a talonflame thinks it can be slick and try to come in on a "lowly" tangrowth and just click nuke. Rock Tomb not only inflicts 4x damage on the winged annoyance, but also slows it, allowing another pokemon to come in (while regenerator restores health) and scare it out/finish the job. Assault Vest allows it to pivot and assist better. Sassy lowers speed and buffs SpD.

Derplicance (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe 
Bold Nature 
- Volt Switch 
- Hydro Pump 
- Will-O-Wisp 
- Pain Split

Finally, Rotom-W. One of the best pivots (if not the best) that exist in the sub-uber meta. It's your average set for pivot rotom, but by no means is it bad. It's bulky and can tank a lot of attacks that fly at it (if played wisely), plus it's immune to most hazards and ground attacks, giving it 1 manageable weakness. Volt Switch allows the team to gain momentum, Hydro Pump to weaken opposing mons. Pain Split to punish a healthy mon for coming in, and WoW is there to cripple physical attackers. Thunder Wave can also be used in its place.

So this is the team I made with no previous Bulky Offensive experience (and it has since been tested and edited). If you want to give this team a run, drop me a line and i'll shove the pastebin into your inbox here. Leave a comment to give your thoughts (or to tell me to shove off). This may be my last gen 6 team I post here. It was a chaotic gen of extremes (Stall and Hyper Offense mostly ruled ORAS) but it was fun once you figured out how to build a team.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 14:45 by SirBlaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN