Pokémon Games > Older Main Games

I found this weird glitch

(1/2) > >>

The name master:
While using some walk through wall codes, I happen to come across this glitch in all version of gen 1

I haven't seen anything about this on the internet anywhere (yet) and I don't think it's the codes either.

Walking through the entry building to the indigo plateau will completely glitch the Kanto region, making it look like a glitch city glitch. Graphics are screwed, but nothing else. Entering a door or entering a battle or flying will reset the graphics. If you want to explore the whole Kanto region (or at least most of it) you have to go the long way round, through Cinnabar, but there's a high reset chance through encounters. Going the normal way, you have to pass a door to Viridian Forest, resetting everything.

Interestingly, through the front of the Indigo Plateau will glitch some of the graphics there and will disappear when you talk to an NPC, but will reappear when the text box is gone.

I may be the first person to discover a new glitch! :D Not really sure if that's something to be proud of

Captain Jigglypuff:
You’ve found Glitch City. It’s one of the harder glitches to find but people have known about it for years. I’ve seen the info about it on another site and in YouTube videos. I don’t think people talk about it because it has to be triggered by very specific events.

The name master:

--- Quote from: Captain Jigglypuff on March 06, 2018, 15:12 ---You’ve found Glitch City. It’s one of the harder glitches to find but people have known about it for years.

--- End quote ---
There are many glitch cities but I've not seen or heard of this one before (not even on the internet) so I' wondering, have I found a glitch city no one knows about?

If I have, I'm surprised people know how to encounter missingno, but never thought to do this.

Also, could anyone explain this particular glitch city, as in how it happens?

To4oo4:

--- Quote from: The name master on March 06, 2018, 16:40 ---There are many glitch cities but I've not seen or heard of this one before (not even on the internet) so I' wondering, have I found a glitch city no one knows about?

If I have, I'm surprised people know how to encounter missingno, but never thought to do this.

Also, could anyone explain this particular glitch city, as in how it happens?

--- End quote ---
Here's a Bulbapedia article on it, if that helps.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_City

The name master:

--- Quote from: To4oo4 on March 21, 2018, 15:13 ---Here's a Bulbapedia article on it, if that helps.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_City

--- End quote ---
There doesn't seem to be anything about the particular glitch city I found.

Actually realised you can get through Viridian Forest by walking up through the trees to Pewter City.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version