General Category > Updates

ARCHITECTURE: Theme changes

(1/14) > >>

Joeno:
Okay, you asked for it, now here it is! Sick of the red? Sick of those Eeveelutions? You can be rid of them (well, soon you can be).

I have just fixed theme changing, after reworking some CSS to make everything work properly. A simple second theme, where I didn't even change the button, can be found by going here.

But Joeno, you may ask, I like that grey (or gray), I want to use it everywhere. How can I?

Simple. Click the Customize link at the top of every page, and expand your general settings. Or, well, go here.

But Joeno, you may say, I don't like any of these themes. What can I do?

Get banned for disliking our work I mean, create your own! A testset with some basic instructions (which will be expanded at an indeterminate moment in the future) can be found here. This will be documented more fully at some point in the future, but take this as your chance to experiment with things.

The people to thank here? Psythor laid the foundation when he created the original version of the architecture, and he obviously did the web design. I just patched some things and moved some CSS definitions around.

Now get web2.0-ing and submit your content for us to use.

Theme changes only apply to the site. The forum code isn't as easily converted, and so forum theme changes will probably not be implemented for some time.

Dragonpika:
Ooh, the grey is nice. Are you going to make a new banner and menu bars for it at some point? Or is it just a sample?

It's a lot of fun messing around with the testkit, it's so tempting to cover the test page in a Rattata skin. Because I have a life like that =]

Unfortunately I don't appear to be able to open the sample page in IE without unzipping the folder. Is there a way of doing it?

Ledyba:
What. No ALEX skin?

Dragonpika:
Hey, I need a bit of practice, right? ;]

I promise once I get the hang of it [read: once I get the test page to open in IE] I'll make a lovely emo Alex skin for you, Rex.

Lorem Ipsum:

--- Quote from: Joeno on February 13, 2008, 20:38 ---The people to thank here? Psythor laid the foundation when he created the original version of the architecture, and he obviously did the web design. I just patched some things and moved some CSS definitions around.

--- End quote ---

Orly? Yeah, Psythor created the foundations of the site, and full credit to him for that. But, if you have an entirely new architecture of the site that you need to work to for new styles, then it takes a lot more than "patching some things up". Believe me. I write CSS for my website. Stop playing yourself down D:

I think I have an idea as well for a skin...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version