Author Topic: Possible HG replay team. Need advice.  (Read 2607 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
Possible HG replay team. Need advice.
« on: July 24, 2016, 22:10 »
Alright, so, I just really enjoy the HGSS games. A lot. They're easily my favourites in general considering they recreated my favorite game of all time, with gen 6 being tied for second. I've beaten heartgold already, but I gutted out the pokemon to transfer to newer games. I plan to gut out Soul Silver once I finish it and begin the heart gold replay. I also enjoy experimenting with pokemon I haven't used before, but I have an awful habit of using tried and tested ones.

Cutting my usual post color because formatting gets messy and I like playing with it because it looks pretty. Ok? Ok.

Feraligatr
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SPA)
  • Waterfall / Surf
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Fang
  • Crunch

Comment: Okay, I've used Feraligatr before. Long ago. I have faint memories of how much of a chill guy he was, though. Since my soulsilver playthrough had typhlosion and I'va already used meganium enough times, it's time for Feraligate to get a spin. Originally, I was going for surf over waterfall - and I might still do that, considering it's ingame - but Feraligatr is really very physical and I don't like wasting that sheer potential. May consider a HM slave or just trading over a lapras egg from HGSS in order to hold the surf HM.

Machamp
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SPA)
Guts
  • Rock Smash
  • Thunder Punch
  • Low Kick
  • Stone Edge / Ice Punch

Comment: I've played with Machop, but for some reason I've either never evolved him or I've simply never completed the playthrough. The limited experience I've had machop is generally great, though. Physical attacker two. I'll need a female machop and a male electabuzz to pass down the thunder punch. Low kick's a filler.

Unfortunately, I'll need a move tutor (from the battle place) for ice punch, so I'll probably settle for stone edge until then. Also, yes, rock smash over dynamic punch because it's ingame and I don't like witching pokemon out needlessly. That's the main reason I want to get feraligatr surf.

Tangrowth

• Sludge Bomb
  • Ancient Power
  • Power Whip / Some Grass Move
  • Focus Blast

Comment: Never used this one. Special attacker. Tangela's cute, so I fancied trying this out. Two of the moves are TMs though. Eugh. I wonder if I should move the TMs from Soul Silver that I haven't used before I do this. That might mean breeding.

Crobat

• I'll
  • Think
  • Of
  • Something
Comment: I can probably whip something suitable up, but I don't care about this one too much. Probably going to stick fly on it, at any rate. May replace with togekiss, but... eh. I think Crobat's typing is better for coverage.

Hypno

• I'll
  • Think
  • Of
  • Something
Comment: I'm going to use Hypno and you can't stop me. Good typing, bulky. Pretty slow, though. It's attacking stats aren't too great, but they're both similar, so I can make it a mixed attacker and not feel too guilty should the need arise.

Granbull

• Fire Fang
  • Ice Fang
  • Thunder Fang
  • Bite/Crunch
Comment:  I've never used snubbull. I used to be scared of it in the original games. I have no idea why, considering Parasect. Scariest pokemon in game to be honest. But these days, they're just... cute. May need breeding if it's not got the moves I want.

Alternatively, houndoom. However, that needs breeding and needs obtaining. Heart Gold is basically gutted, so I don't know if I've even got one ready!!!

As you can see, I'm pretty overwhelmingly physical attack for once. I might switch out snubbull/houndoom for Hooh purely based on the fact that Hooh can get away with being special attack and fire. I need to improve a bit, though. Items aren't required for ingame, but if there's anything that doesnt get eaten up that I can use, shoot me with it. Needs to be obtainable ingame, though.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Possible HG replay team. Need advice.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 22:21 »
did you give credit for those sprites

In my opinion I would try to get growlithe maybe if that's possible for HG, or a fire type, because having that FWG triangle in your team is always a nice thing to have.

Keep crobat though, as you can use it for fly.

Since low kick is filler, why not run both ice punch and stone edge?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 22:47 »
sprites credit to the sprites section of pkmn dot net, available at the location here: boop

I've used growlithe before, is my main thing. I love 'em to bits, though, even if i tend to go for physical ones. likely i'll probably get that at some stage, though.

and yeah, i could if ice punch was available before without tyrogue. 'tis tutor only in HGSS, with no option to level up to obtain the move on anything other than hitmonlee. i could run both once i get there & the required criteria ready for it, though.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 22:08 »
i like this. though i have to note that getting a machamp in this gen is next to impossible, and a good moveset for crobat would be Fly, Cross Poison, Double Team, and Confuse Ray/Steel Wing.
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 01:14 »
i have two DS's so i just trade between myself np. thank you for the moveset, though i may give double team a miss as i'm not a fan of evasive based moves

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 16:40 »
Crobat and Granbull are amazing in HG,  and I'm not being biased because they're my favourites....

Crobat is best with a hold item that either ups evasion or crit rate, simply because you're playing to its strengths. Poison fang is always a good shout, too, if you like toxic damage.

Granbull is good for just a general defense. They're good and solid, pretty reliable once you've trained them up! Never used a togekiss,  so I couldn't compare them for you unfortunately
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 18:31 »
I just thought of something for Hypno

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Zen Headbutt
Hypnosis

hope u like it

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 22:50 »
hypno really shouldn't have 3 attacks lol, it has base 73 in both attacks. hypnosis is so low accuracy theres not much point in using it because it'll just be frustrating

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 15:20 »
i'm fancying hypnosis, considering its pretty characteristic of hypno anyway. plus, itll mean i have a capture pokemon ready. maybe dream eater too, though i've always considered that one to be a little bit of a waste of a move... still, i'm thinking either mainly mixed attacker or mostly special, as it looks like the majority of my team is physical this time. focus blast is a possibility, or maybe drain punch if i go for health regen potential. though i think some of those might be 5th gen stuff ugh

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 21:50 »
no, both focus miss and drain punch are gen 4.

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 22:40 »
drain punch i knew was most liely fourth gen - had a meditite with it - as was focus blast, t was more the move compatbility w/ hypno. if thats the case, lovely

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 21:18 »
update; I've got Feraligatr, Hypno and Crobat (Nobody's fully evolved yet tho). Used slowpoke for a little bit prior to getting myself a drowzee, and may use it again in the future. Didn't have anyone useful for breeding purposes but eh.

Slacked a bit, so im not even at gym three yet oops

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 23:25 »
Air Slash on Ccrobat is a good move. You can get critical hits and a chance of Flinching which works well with Crobat's Speed
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 07:21 »
Air Slash on Crobat is a Special Attack on a Physical Attacker, don't do it.

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 20:36 »
crobat can work as Physical or special iirc. i may take him on as a special as my current team is heavy on physical.

had a change of plan, ditching drowzee so i can nab a machop earlier - my team at the minute is...
croconaw
zubat
machop
growlithe
pidgeotto (temp)
geodude (temp - removing now that i have machop)

getting the eevee in there, and that leaves me a slot for one more (which'll be tangela once i get 'em.)

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid