Author Topic: Tim and Richard's HGSS Nuzlocke!  (Read 7668 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
Tim and Richard's HGSS Nuzlocke!
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:04 »
Tim and Richard's HGSS Nuzlocke!

First of all, welcome back to those of you who remember our Unova challenge with Brian and Avalon. Those of you whom we do not recognise, or have yet to read our BW Nuzlocke, we greet you with open arms and invite you to warm yourself by the warm hearth of our new story. Introducing Adam and Danika's Nuzlocke adventure around Johto!

Danika’s Diary

This diary is turning more and more into a dream log. And I think that’s a good thing. My life is so boring that it makes it more interesting to read back, when I write about the dreams I have. When I’m 90, I’ll look back at my fifteen year old self and wonder why I had such screwed up nightmares.

In my dream, I was standing outside, and it was dead quiet. Usually, you can hear the Hoothoot calling to each other, or the sound of the sea in the distance. But in my dream, it was silent.

Then I could hear the stars speaking to me. It’s weird, I couldn’t tell you how I knew, I just did. The stars were talking to me, but I didn’t understand the language they were speaking. I got the impression they were getting fed up with me, because they stopped speaking with the mind-words (telekathy, is it?) and started showing me mind-pictures instead; deep underwater, endless submerged corridors, and the knowledge that something was down there with me, watching me.

WEEIRRRDDD.

And then I woke up, and it was just a usual, boring day in New Bark Town. Anyway, signing off now, I have planssssssss this morning!

Well, this will be an exciting update! I have my very first Pokemon! It’s not completely mine though, Professor Elm leant it to me...I’m getting ahead of myself! ^^; (My teacher tells me off for writing smilies – she says they’re supposed to stay on the screen, and aren’t for work books – but this is my diary, so idc! =D)

So, as per my usual Friday tradition, I went down to the Professor’s to help out, and there was this guy there, Adam, or something, and the Professor asked HIM to run an errand to Mr. Pokemon’s house. And he gave him a Pokemon, the CUTEST Totodile ever.

Naturally, I was upset by this and caused a bit of a scene – and so Professor Elm gave me a Totodile too!! So now we BOTH have one.

BUT OMG IT GETS BETTER

We go to Cherrygrove, get accosted by some weird old man that tries to give me his shoes, and then get to Mr. Pokemon’s (which is a TREK, by the way x_x ) and guess who’s there?

DUMBLEDORE!

Not really, it was Professor Oak – which is still just as awesome to be honest. Anyway, he said he saw ‘Great Potential’ in me and gave me a Pokedex – and he gave one to Adam too (who’s pretty strange by the way. I don’t think he likes me. He spent the whole journey talking to his Totodile, which is a shame, because I’ve seen him at school, and he seems really nice.)

Anyway, Mr. Pokemon gave us two eggs to take back to Professor Elm, and then him and Professor Oak have just started chatting all philosophical and deep – Oak’s all “I believe that this world of ours is a chaotic, spinning ball of determinism,” and Mr. Pokemon says “Indeed – I sincerely believe that everything happens for a reason.” Which is why I’m now writing in my diary, because I just can’t keep up with this kind of heavy stuff ^^;

So! After we’ve finished this cuppa, me and Adam are going back home and giving the eggs to the Professor. Ossum!

Okay shiz just got srs. Not even sure how I’m going to write all this, but I really have to before I forget or change bits of it.

So me and Adam leave Mr. Pokemon’s house, and immediately his phone starts ringing – it’s Professor Elm. ((Don’t even get me started on the fact that Adam has Elm’s number and I don’t. Favouritism rite thar.)) Apparently, some dude has stolen his Chikorita from his lab and is heading towards Cherrygrove.

So me and Adam run the distance, and it’s starting to get dark now, and it’s feeling all moody, and I was getting quite excited to be honest, because I’ve never really done anything this exciting before.

Anyway, we get to Cherrygrove and see this PROPER shady looking guy with a hench Chikorita, standing near the Pokemon centre. Adam starts acting the tough man, and is all “there’s a lot riding on this battle Danika, we’ll double team him and take back Chikorita!” and makes me release my Totodile.

Offline Enigma

• Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
Re: Tim and Richard's HGSS Nuzlocke!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:06 »
The battle was bangin. My Toto hadn’t levelled up enough, so it was just using Scratch, while Adam’s was using Water Gun (which wasn’t really doing much tbh.)

And then the /worst/ thing happened. Chikorita used this sharp leaf attack thing, and Totodile just fell over and stopped moving.

I didn’t know what to do. I had run to pick up Totodile (like I’d seen real trainers do on the TV when their Pokemon faints) but the way he felt in my arms was different to what he should have felt like. He didn’t stir and look up at me, expecting a smile of reassurance – he just laid there, not moving at all.

I looked up to see if Adam had noticed, but he was holding his Totodile just like me, and we looked at each other, and I think we both knew – our Totodiles had actually /died./

I dunno if the Chikorita-thief had realised what he’d done, but he smirked and told us we were pathetic, and began walking off – and that was when Adam’s egg started hatching, and this little beak appeared, and guess who hatched out..?

No, it wasn’t Dumbedore, but a Doduo. Anyway, in this like, last act of desperation to stop this guy and get Chikorita back, he tells his new Pokemon to use Peck – and it does, like pretty much FLYING across the grass and nipping Chikorita right on its leaf – and it knocked it out. 

Well, this shady dude (who stupidly told his name which I’m totes telling the police – he’s called Jeriko. Or Jericko. Jerry-ko is how you say it, whatever) flipped out and ran off, after calling his stolen Pokemon back into its Poke Ball.

Anyway, Adam was all “we have to get back to the Professor” and I’m all “dude I don’t have a Pokemon.” He told me to try and heal our Totodile at a Pokemon Centre, but I think he just wanted to give me something to do so I wasn’t thinking about it or something, idk. So he went to the Professor to see if he was okay and to tell him about his Totodile.

I go to the Pokemon Centre, and the nurse tells me that Elm’s Totodiles are definitely dead, and I’m like “woah I didn’t think Pokemon DIED in Pokemon battles” and she gives me this REALLY nasty look and I’m like “woah calm down /I/ didn’t kill them” and I think she’s gone to phone the police on me. =( So not only have I managed to let my Pokemon DIE, but this chick thinks I killed them.

But then my egg hatched and out came THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER ADGJSAGDFKSJDHG – it was  a Teddiursa =33 who I have named Kio. You say it like “key-oh.” Like “Oh I found my keyo.” He doesn’t know about the two Totodile, and my Mum says you shouldn’t let babies see bad things, so I won’t tell him. HE will be my Pokemon from now on.

So...I’m sitting in the Pokemon centre and I’m thinking of running away before the police get here and arrest me for not saving the Totodile. Yeah. I’ll do that. Signing off. Bye.

Team

Kio

LV5

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:11 »
Everything had happened so fast after we left Mr. Pokemon's house. The battle with Jericho was a blur of emotion, and now I found myself running beside the newly hatched Doduo back to New Bark Town as quickly as my feet could carry me. Doduo was running much faster than I was, though, and kept stopping and waiting for me to catch up to him.

I rushed into New Bark Town and pushed the door to Elm's lab open, my chest heaving heavily as I fought to catch my breath. "We found him, Professor!" I nearly shouted, trying to regain my composure. A police officer stood near Elm and I told him about our encounter with Jericho, explaining that he'd used Chikorita in his battle with Danika and I, and we only won because of my new Pokemon, who was wandering around Elm's lab, curiously inspecting gadgets. The officer left once he'd gathered enough information, and Elm leveled me with a stern look.

"Where is the Totodile I gave you earlier?" He tilted his head and crossed his arms, waiting for my response, but I did not know how to tell him I'd failed him. Before I could answer, my PokeGear was ringing.

"Hey Danika... what do you mean they're dead?!" I shouted, seeing Elm's eyes widen. I dropped the PokeGear and fell to my knees, sobbing. Doduo walked over to me and nudged me with both heads and I embraced his furry body. I could feel Elm watching over me and I looked up at him. "The Totodile are dead... he killed them." I spoke with bitter tears falling from my face.

"Adam, listen to me. I have a feeling that you and Danika may be in serious danger" Elm said, holding his hand out to pull me up. "Pokemon don't usually die from losing in battle, even from taking heavy damage from attacks. I have heard of a story like this before; two boys from a very distant region were cursed somehow, and every Pokemon that they owned that fainted in battle... actually died." He said, straightening his stance.

"What do I do?" I asked desperately, drying my eyes. "You can give up now... or you can get stronger. Professor Oak and I have seen something in you, and I know you're not going to give up. Go now, Adam. You're about to learn something that very few Trainers can ever fully realize."

Outside of Elm's lab, I looked up at the stars as Doduo and I walked slowly towards Route 29. "I promise, Doduo, I won't fail you. You're very important to me, I'm not going to let you die, okay?" Doduo's heads were still aimed at the heavens, and I couldn't tell whether or not it was paying attention. "I'm gonna call you Terry" I said, smiling, before returning my attention to what was in front of me - Danika. I watched as she snapped a Hoothoot into a Pokeball, accompanied by a Teddiursa beside her.

"Danika!" I shouted, running over to her, lowering my head as I approached her. "We need to talk, Danika"

---

Team

Terry

LV 5
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:47 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21 »
Oh wow this is quite interesting already! Great to see the return of some of the best nuzlockers here XD

I like how Danika is almost the opposite to Adam, which is a nice touch to the nuzlocke. Also, the relevant mention of the Unova Nuzlocke is a nice touch as well. I forgot how good nuzlockes were actually...good luck and nice "starter" choices too.

Offline Enigma

• Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 22:40 »
Oh wow this is quite interesting already! Great to see the return of some of the best nuzlockers here XD

I like how Danika is almost the opposite to Adam, which is a nice touch to the nuzlocke. Also, the relevant mention of the Unova Nuzlocke is a nice touch as well. I forgot how good nuzlockes were actually...good luck and nice "starter" choices too.

Aw, cheers! Yeah, it's good fun having two completely opposite characters =3

Danika's Diary

So I’ve had like the best day ever!!

I have caught SO MANY POKEMONS!

So, after I left the Pokemon centre to run away from the police, I found the most awesome Pokemon ever, who I just knew I would catch – a Hoothoot, which I have called Eli. He’s a lovely little bird, does the cutest thing where he blushes when I tell him good he did in battle!

Then Adam comes running up to me, and starts telling me some stuff about Pokemon dying in battle and I’m like “dude, I know, I totally saw what happened to Totodile” and he’s all ~you’re not taking this srsly at all x_x; ~ and I’m all “Uh, I am, I’m taking it so srs that I’m RUNNING FROM THE POLICE GDI”

I think he got bored and ended up going off towards Cherrygrove. I didn’t care, because even though he’s nice, he’s way too srs for me. Kio was really upset though. He was riding on Adam’s Doduo’s back and was like having the best ever time and was SO SAD when they left.

So I went to some other place and captured...

DUMBLEDORE!

No it wasn’t really, it was a Geodude, which I captured and called Roxie because it’s a rock and Roxie sounds like rock.

But yeah, Roxie is AMAZING. Everything’s all TACKLE and she’s like NU-UH and then wins SHE’S SO AMAZING X-X;

So then we went and played up in the grass passed Cherrygrove (and we saw Adam and I really did try my best not to spy on him BUT IT’S SO EASY GDI ) but then this Ledyba appeared, so I caught him and called him Hilton, because it’s got five stars on its back and me and my mum stayed in a hotel called the Hilton and it was a five star hotel so that’s why! =D

So then we went a bit further up and I found a Rattata which is SO HARD TO PRONOUNCE OMG so I called him Ratter which is so much easier to say.

And then I saw something moving in this cave, so I went in and it was proper dark, so I went out again, but this Geodude came and attacked me, so I captured that too and called it Mason, because there are these things called stone masons and Geodude is a stone, so yeah.

So now I have two Geodudes but Roxie is so much better omg she’s so good x_x

And then it started getting dark, so I just laid down in the grass to watch the clouds change colour and I started writing my diary. Before it gets proper dark, I’m going to go and find somewhere to sleep – I can see some lights in the distance and I think it’s a gate, so there might be a town – I know there’s one close by. I can’t go back to Cherrygrove because of the police.

SO BYE.

LV 9 Kio (Teddiursa)
LV 11 Roxie (Geodude)
LV 8 Eli (Hoothoot)
LV 3 Hilton (Ledyba)
LV 3 Ratter (Rattata)
LV 2 Mason (Geodude)

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 23:26 »
Danika seemed nervous when we talked. I don't think she was actually taking this as seriously as I was; she seemed more worried about the police coming after her. I told her that probably wouldn't happen, but she refused to believe me. We sat in the grass together and I explained what Professor Elm had told me earlier. Her Teddiursa had climbed on top of Terry's back and the two began playing together cheerfully, but I had begun losing my patience with the girl, and we went on ahead. "She won't make it, Terry. I don't expect we'll be seeing Kio again," I said, and the bird's heads lowered.

We encountered a Hoothoot just like Danika did, but Terry defeated it in battle. I wasn't interested in having another bird, so we turned onto a side-route, and found a Rattata. It was an easy capture. I've named her Ninian.

Returning to Cherrygrove brought painful memories with it. Totodile had never even gotten a name... he never had a chance to evolve. I walked quickly through the small city and made my way onto Route 30, where I found a Spinarak. While training Ninian, I accidentally killed the poor spider. Ninian isn't as powerful as Terry, but she tries really hard. The two seem to get along pretty well, so I'm content.

I came across a dark cave, which gets the creative naming award for being called Dark Cave. I caught a Zubat there, but many more swarmed Terry and I, so we got out of there quickly. I've named her Mariah, but MY GOD is she weak. I don't think I'll be using this one at all...

Just before Violet City, Terry's heads began squaking. A small Bellsprout laid on the ground, unconscious. I picked the small Pokemon up, and his body was limp. I jumped on Terry's back and he ran as quickly as he could into Violet City, running into the Pokemon Center. The nurse told me that the Pokemon's health was unstable. She kept it in her care, and I left the Pokemon Center, deciding to train in Sprout Tower. I won't write all of what happened here, because it mostly consisted of defeating Sages that all had Bellsprout, however I did manage to find a Gastly and capture her. I've named her Agatha, after a famous ex-Elite Four member. She's gotten on Terry's nerves, though, spooking him at every turn. It's gotten annoying, and I've kept her in her Pokeball. Not sure how much use she'll see...

I saw Jericho again, and he defeated the leader of these Sages. He saw me and said something condescending, and when I went after him, he threw a rope out the window and descended down the building. I challenged the leader while I was there, and we won easily. He gave me a Flash TM, and I made my way out of the building, climbing down the same rope that Jericho did, admittedly just to prove to myself that I could.

I went back to the Pokemon Center where the nurse told me that Bellsprout was feeling better, but needed someone to look after him. I accepted the Pokemon, and named him Marcus, after a knight in a book I once read. Hopefully he'll feel tougher with a good name.

Falkner's Gym was absolutely terrifying. He's a bird trainer, so I found it fitting to use Terry against him. His Pidgey went down in one hit, but his Pidgeotto had a fierce battle with my Doduo. We beat him, just barely, and got our first badge. Terry seems more confident than ever, and for the first time, I feel like a good Trainer to my Pokemon.

South of Violet City, I captured a Wooper and named him Liam. He's so adorable - he tries hard to prove he's powerful, but he keeps falling over! He gets back up, though, and pretends it didn't happen. I like him quite a lot.

And now I sit in Union Cave. I've captured a Geodude here and named her Danika - the two of them both have pretty thick heads. I don't expect she'll be very useful, but we'll see what happens.

---

Lv. 14 Terry (Doduo)
Lv. 12 Ninian (Rattata)
Lv. 12 Agatha (Gastly)
Lv. 11 Marcus (Bellsprout)
Lv. 11 Liam (Wooper)
Lv. 11 Danika (Geodude)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:24 by Richard and Blaziken »

Offline FroakieFTW

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 23:53 »
This well written and I love it. Hands down amazing.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 12:51 »
Again, the character's attitudes are well written here, good stuff!

I really like Adam's team a lot, not too sure about Danika's team. Two Geodudes will serve well in a Johto nuzlocke, they're damn amazing and really helpful! Wait until it gets Magnitude...

Offline Z:illyhoo

• Call me Sam or Zamp, or whatever you feel comfortable with. I am probably one of the biggest Homestuck geeks you'll ever know. ...Probably.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Made my icon through an icon generator and SAI 8D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 09:32 »
Wow, you guys, you are great writers and your characters are so interesting. Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks, Richard, for the great sig!

Offline Enigma

• Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 20:03 »
Haha, cheers very much guys! This Nuzlocke hasn't been TOO hard yet...I have had one loss though. You'll see in the update after this. x_x;

Danika's Diary

So I had the most super busy day I’ve ever had in SUCH a long time.

Right, so I went to this place called Sprout Tower which is like a huge tower and it sways a lot so it’s like a Bellsprout so I guess that’s why it’s called that and there were LOADS of trainers in there, with all these Bellsprouts (which I think is really coincidental personally.)

Eli was amazing. He was all PECK and they were all *omg faint x_x* and THEN we were at the top, and I was there to see ADAM – and he like, totally destroyed the head sage – three guesses what the sage was using?

DUMBLESPROUT

So then he’s all dude and jumps out the window and I’m like “pht I can do that” so I went to follow him and the sage was all “battle me for flash?” and I’m like “woah pervert” but it turns out he was actually giving me a Technical Machine, which I got after WE TOTALLY BEAT HIM.

Anyway, there were these two guys who were training up there and they were like “woah dude I totally saw the champion the other day” and the other one was all “no way you mean RED?!” and he’s like “no dude that other guy, but he’s got red hair but he’s not CALLED Red” and I’m like WHO ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT

So then I was going back down the tower (I was too scared to use the rope that Adam used) and I was like “I bet the champion can do whatever he likes” and I thought “actually, even if the champion had let two Totodile die, he wouldn’t even need to run away from the police because he’s the champion”

AND THEN IT HIT ME OMG

I should be the Champion.

So I’m like “omg I’m going to that Gym and I’m going to get a badge RITE NAO.”

So I did JUST THAT and went down to this gym that’s there and beat the trainers – well, I didn’t personally, Roxie did, with her AWESOME Rock Throw (which she only just learned =3333)

And then I had to fight FALKNER HIMSELF!! *drums*

I thought it was gonna be super easy, because I’d like, beaten all the Pidgey before using Rock Throw, and then he’s all go “GO PIDGEY” and I’m all “LOL ROCK THROW”

But OMG SAND ATTACK ADFJHSREKJSRFKJTH – Roxie kept on missing and my face was literally ;_;

So then I just kept on using Rock Attack and he kept on using Sand Attack but it didn’t even matter because eventually I hit and killed him and I’m like “OMG YAY BADGE” and then he’s all “NUH-UH GO PIDGEOTTO” and I’m like x_x

So I’m like “GDI HERE WE GO MISSING AGAIN” and I used Rock Throw AND IT HIT! And I won.

So I’m like a whole one eighth of a way to being the champion. How. Cool.

LV 12 Kio (Teddiursa)
LV 12 Eli (Hoothoot)
LV 14 Roxie (Geodude)
LV 8 Hilton (Ledyba)
LV 2 Mason (Geodude)
LV 3 Ratter (Rattata)

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 16:49 »
HOORAY!!! =D Hopefully this goes a damnsight better than mine ended up =] Will definitely be keeping up with this =]
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 17:35 »
Thanks guys, we really do appreciate the interest! I hope you're enjoying it so far! ^_^

---

Making my way through Union Cave wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, but certainly not as difficult as one would think. The cave was fairly short and the Trainers wandering inside were no challenge at all. The only thing making it difficult are the damned Zubat that never stop. Danika the Geodude has proven herself, though; she picks up huge rocks and smashes the Zubat with them! She's much more powerful than I gave her credit for, that's for sure.

I'm sitting in the grass outside of Union Cave as I write this. Terry has collapsed himself... or himselves(?) in the grass. He's all tuckered out, and I don't blame him. For the first time on our journey, I've recalled him to his Pokeball, releasing Ninian to walk with me instead. "I can tell you're trying very hard, Ninian. You're a good Pokemon, you know that? I appreciate you, and I'm not going to let you down. You're the first Pokemon I ever caught, and I value that. You're not just another Rattata to me," I said, smiling down to her. She had been good with Terry, and the two of them were inseperable, really. She was more of a leader than he was, truth be told.

Azelea Town was quiet. I strolled through the empty roads and eventually found the Gym, which was closed. Ninian sniffed around and led me to a house. I knocked on the door, but no answer came. "Girl, I don't think anyone's he-" Before I knew what happened, I was dragged into the house. I fell on the floor and looked up to see an elderly man looking down at me. Ninian jumped onto my chest and stood up to him, bearing her teeth.

After talking for a while, the man (whose name was Kurt) told me that Team Rocket had invaded Azelea Town a few days ago and began cutting the tails off of innocent Slowpoke for money, which is why no one dared step outside any longer. He was planning to go after Team Rocket. I agreed to help him and he led me to the well, where we saw a Team Rocket member loitering. Kurt ran after him, chasing him into the well, and I followed after them. After descending the ladder, I found Kurt laying on the cold ground floor.

"I took a nasty tumble... I'll be alright, but I'm in no condition to fight," Kurt said through a pained voice. I nodded and Ninian led the charge into the cave, blitzing through Team Rocket Grunts easily until we came to the leader, Proton. I was in no mood to hear his lecture, and Ninian wasn't either. After a brief and pointless battle, victory was mine, and Team Rocket left the well. Kurt took me back to his house and thanked me for helping him. With Team Rocket gone from this small town, I headed for the Gym.

Inside I met Bugsy, a boy who specialized in Bug type Pokemon. It is here that Danika proved her real worth, smashing the boy's bugs with Rock Throw attacks ruthlessly, taking almost no damage as he did so. I hate to say it... but Danika may well be the most reliable Pokemon I have at this point. The battle was so short that I will not even bother writing about it in great detail, but I will say that Bugsy's main strategy is sacrificing his weaker Pokemon to keep his strongest one alive. It disgusts me, to be entirely honest.

After earning our second badge, Terry and I made our way through the Ilex Forest, and I was beginning to feel a real sense of pride as a Pokemon Trainer. I had a full team of Pokemon... no, a full team of friends that I could count on.

Terry and I strolled through Goldenrod with a sense of wonder. I'd always heard about Goldenrod, being the biggest city on Johto, but it really is something you have to experience for yourself to understand. The lights from buildings illuminated the night, and the city was still very much alive.

I found a rather large Radio Tower that gave me a radio card for my PokeGear. I tuned into Pokemon March, and Terry became quite excited at that, and began marching all through the city. I'll admit, this has put me in a pleasant mood, but as we approached the Goldenrod Gym, I switched the music off.

I'd heard rumblings of this city recently getting a new Gym Leader, and when I found her, she definitely was not what I was expecting. Hers was a Gym of Normal type Pokemon, so once again I found myself sending Danika into the fray. She led with Clefairy and I smirked. The poor pink fairy slapped Geodude at the command of her obviously unskilled Trainer, and I had Danika Rock Polish, then Defense Curl.

Just then, Whitney commanded her Clefairy to Metronome. My heart stopped as I waited to see what attack it would summon. The fairy spit out a weak Ember attack, and I breathed a sigh of relief, but now I knew that there was no time to waste. "Magnitude!" I shouted, and Geodude shook the ground beneath Clefairy, damaging the Pokemon, but after taking the damage, both the Pokemon and her Trainer grinned. "Mimic!" Whitney shouted, and Clefairy sent a Magnitude attack back at Danika. The Geodude shook it off and used the attack once more, putting an end to her fairy Pokemon. She quickly replaced it with a Miltank, but this one was much less threatening, despite being larger. It couldn't deal any significant damage to Danika, and after just three powerful Magnitudes, the Miltank fell.

We exited the Gym with a tear-stained Plain Badge. I've decided to rest here for the night. I wonder... is human Danika alright?

---

Lv. 17 Terry (Doduo)
Lv. 16 Ninian (Rattata)
Lv. 16 Agatha (Gastly)
Lv. 16 Marcus (Bellsprout)
Lv. 16 Liam (Wooper)
Lv. 18 Danika (Geodude)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 17:38 by Richard and Blaziken »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 21:00 »
Wow, some big and great updates here! Again, Danika is useful, (told you so XD) and I like how you both describe your relationships between your Pokemon.

I laughed at: the sage was all “battle me for flash?” and I’m like “woah pervert” but it turns out he was actually giving me a Technical Machine, which I got after WE TOTALLY BEAT HIM.

Hilarious!

Offline Enigma

• Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 12:36 »
haha, I'm glad! Danika is so much fun to write xD But incredibly annoying IRL, I should imagine.

Danika's Diary

So I'm at Azalea Pokemon centre now I HAVE TRAVELLED SOOOO FAR TODAY.

After we beat Falkner, we went for a walk and I found these awesome ruins and there were all these guys in white coats looking around with their notebooks and stuff SO. I went into one of the ruins when they weren't looking and there was this puzzle on the wall and it was all taped up like they didn't want anyone to solve it but them (my mum's like that with crosswords) so I'm like "LOL NOOB" so I put the puzzle back together

AND THEN FELL THROUGH THE GROUND

But it was cool because I fell on the cutest pokemon ever (not as cute as Kio okay but still proper cute) - it was like a little eye thing and all squiggly, so I captured it. The Pokedex doesn't know what it's called (it just says its unown) so I've called her Cleo.

So I found my way out of the ruins and ran away quick before the whitecoat men knew I'd completed their puzzle and went to this really pretty route. Well it would have been pretty if it wasn't for the GIANT TRAIN BRIDGE that ran right over the top

There were loads of trainers that I met and we all battled and were all having the most awesome of times ever and then I found this cave and I caught a Zubat and put her in the box and put Mason in the box as well (WHO NEEDS TWO GEODUDE LOL) and got out Cleo.

She's really cool, she's only got one attack at that moment, and she glows really bright and then goes BOOM and all the grass around her shoots ENERGY BEAMS OMG at whatever she's fighting. She's awesome.

So we got through the cave and to the other side and I saw a load of guys in black climbing out the well and they were all "woah that guy was really powerful" and "I've never seen a Rattata like that" and I was like "omg it's Joey!" (who has the top percentage of Rattata he was telling me yesterday) and I went to go and meet him.

I got to the well and was about to go in, but someone was coming out of the top - guess who it was? (It wasn't Joey)

DUMBL

It was Adam.

So I was like, super embarrassed that I'd made a mistake so I hid and watched him go to the Pokemon centre and so I didn't embarrass myself MORE I just went into the Pokemon Gym and had some fun riding on the Spinarak things

And then I had a battle with Bugsy and I was like "HAH NO SAND ATTACK" because he only had Harden, so I just had Roxie use Rock Throw over and over and she COMPLETELY destroyed his stupid bug pokemon.

So then I go out the Pokemon Centre and who should I see?

DRACO MALFOY

Jokes it wasn't Draco, but it was someone EVEN WORSE =OOO

It was that Jericho guy who killed Totodile. So I'm like "if I beat him in a Pokemon battle and maybe knock him unconcious or something (ROCK THROW LOLZ) then I can take him to the police and I won't NEED to be champion!)

So I go up to him and he tries to run away from me, but we had this amazing battle and I thought he was going to kill MORE of my Pokemon, but thanks to Hilton's Reflect and Light Screen, his attacks didn't really do all that much damage.

But then when I beat him, he ran away into the forest. I'm going to chase after him just as soon as I've finished resting becuase I've been walking so much today and I'm like really tired x_x

LV 14 Kio (Teddiursa)
LV 14 Eli (Hoothoot)
LV 18 Roxie (Geodude)
LV 15 Hilton (Ledyba)
LV 10 Cleo (UNOWN????)
LV 3 Ratter (Rattata)

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 05:59 »
I exited Goldenrod through the northern exit with Liam by my side. He walked with confidence, making a conscious effort not to fall down. Watching him was pretty amusing - from the way he walked, you'd think he was a Tyranitar, intimidating everything in his path. We battled a few Trainers, but nothing worth writing about. We have really become a solid team. We came upon a strange tree in the middle of the road and Wooper bounced up to it, inspecting it alongside a young girl. "Ah, perfect! Little Wooper, could you use Water Gun on this tree for me?" The girl asked, and Wooper nodded cheerfully, spraying water on the tree. My heart jumped into my throat as the tree opened it's eyes and swung it's arms at Liam, sending him flying backwards onto the ground.

I could feel panic rush through me and I began operating on instinct, rushing in front of Liam and holding the Sudowoodo's arms as it fought to attack both myself and Liam. "Mud Shot!" I shouted, and Liam ran under my legs and shot mud at Sudowoodo's feet, sticking him in place. I jumped back and commanded another Water Gun, which brought the tree crashing down. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief and called Liam back to his Pokeball, turning to the girl.

"How dare you put my Pokemon in danger? That Wooper is my friend, not your Pokemon." I screamed in a fit of rage. I watched as her face twisted into the image of sorrow, hurt deeply by my words. But I stormed past her without regret. Who was she to put Liam in danger? No one will take my friends from me. Not the way Totodile was taken from me... I won't allow it.

I released Danika from her ball to accompany me. Danika's not very chatty, but she's very reliable. If we run into trouble, I'd trust her to take care of herself. Upon entering a building, a man gave me an HM to teach the Surf attack. Being one of the most powerful attacks, I quickly taught it to Liam, instantly making him one of the most powerful friends I had.

Upon entering the Burnt Tower of Ecruteak, I found two men staring down at three large beasts through a hole in the floor. One of the men, Eusine, told me that he'd been chasing the blue one for years, and has never been closer to it. Just then, all three Pokemon looked up and roared. With blinding speed, the three of them darted from the tower, leaving no trace that they were ever there to begin with.

The door busted open with a loud crash, and Jericho came strolling in. I immediately went after him and he tossed a Pokeball forward, releasing a Gastly. I released mine as well, and the two Ghosts circled each other for a moment. Then, there was only a dark void. Night Shade attacks sent the arena into a void. As the void got bigger, both Jericho and I were sucked inside, losing control of ourselves as the two Pokemon launched their attacks, expanding the void. I could tell that Agatha was on the losing end of this battle, and I began to panic. Fumbling with her Pokeball, I  held it out and withdrew her, tossing Ninian's Pokeball into battle. She jumped out and bit Gastly, fainting it and causing the void to dissipate, sending us crashing back down to the floor, which collapsed beneath us, sending us reeling to the basement floor.

"Magnemite, Spark!" He screamed, sending the Steely Electric Pokemon into battle as he regained his footing. I quickly recalled Ninian, sending Liam to absorb the hit. A Mud Shot was enough to bring the magnetic Pokemon to the ground. He sent out a Zubat, but Liam knocked that out with a powerful Surf attack, jumping and cheering at his new-found power. In an act of rage, he sent out his Bayleef, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists. "Razor Leaf," he commanded, and the words sent my mind into panic, recalling the death of Totodile once more. I screamed and recalled Liam, sending Terry out to take the attack. The Doduo shrieked as it stomped over to Bayleef through the sharp leaves and pecked with both heads.

Jericho recalled his Bayleef as it fell to the ground and his face displayed what could only be pure hatred. "You weakling... you'll never understand what it means to be truly powerful. You're a coward who doesn't trust his Pokemon to deal with challenges, always ensuring that you have a type advantage. You're pathetic, and your Pokemon will suffer as a result," He spat as he climbed a ladder and exited the tower. Just then, Liam evolved into Quagsire, smiling at me.

I sit now in a patch of grass in town. I've had time to think about it, and Jericho is wrong. I maintain my type advantages to ensure that my friends don't die. I teach them the most powerful moves to ensure a fast and decisive victory, and that is why I have not had a single casualty since Totodile. I've just taught Ninian Sucker Punch after my last battle with Jericho, replacing the old, weak Bite attack. I'm ready to take Morty head on, and there will be nothing he can do to damage Ninian with his Ghost attacks.

Upon entering the Gym, I was given a candle that barely let me see in front of me. I could see the candles held by other Trainers in the Gym and I approached the first one. She sent out a Gastly, as I predicted, and Ninian stepped forward. "Time to try out your new move, Ninian! Sucker Punch!" I commanded, but Ninian did nothing. The Gastly used Mean Look and Ninian began to tremble. "Come on Ninian, Sucker Punch!" I screamed, and yet, she sat there. "Spite," The medium hissed, and Ninian turned to me to do something. I felt my heart jump into my throat as it hit me - Ninian didn't know Bite anymore. She didn't have any attacks to damage the Gastly. "Curse" The medium smiled as she said it, and both Ninian and Gastly screamed in pain.

"Her life energy will be drained slowly... and there is nothing you can do to stop it. I tried to recall Ninian to her Pokeball, tried to get to her, but the Gastly stopped me. I fell to my knees and sobbed as I watched Ninian look at me for help, with me unable to do anything to save her. Potions only prolonged the inevitable... I watched as Ninian died a long, slow, painful death. Terry released himself from his Pokeball and pecked vigorously through his own tears, defeating the Trainer.

I am a terrible person. Jericho was completely right about me... about everything. I only cared about power... about type advantages... look what it has done for me. I need to stop. If I quit now, my friends won't suffer because of me.

---

Lv. 19 Terry (Doduo)
Lv. 19 Agatha (Gastly)
Lv. 18 Marcus (Bellsprout)
Lv. 20 Liam (Quagsire)
Lv. 20 Danika (Geodude)

Those that have passed...
Ninian the Rattata
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:24 by Richard and Blaziken »