Author Topic: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]  (Read 26819 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Re: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]
« Reply #420 on: October 09, 2013, 22:26 »
"I'll try and use my divination for all reasons we'd need it: knowing any fights we'll get into; the opponents next moves; I can even alter very minor events, if it's ever needed." I say, trying to lift Siofras glaze off me. Considering her height, she's pretty damn scary.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 09, 2013, 22:37 »
"Good idea Nikolai." I say, "So while we wait, like Siofra said, anyone backing out? I'm not."
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 09, 2013, 22:46 »
I say, trying to lift Siofras glaze off me.

((She's a master of chef-o-mancy, don't you know.))

"It would be appreciated if you use that to keep the guards away.  And I'll take that as an 'I'm staying'."  I look around at the others.  "Anyone else?"
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 09, 2013, 23:24 »
((Teach me the ways of Chef-o-mancy oh wise one!))

//Hmm.... My staff will stay in my pocket for this. Luckily, it returns to my pocket if I lose it.//

"Doesn't sound like it Siofra, at least, not yet...." I say darkly.

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 10, 2013, 01:55 »
     Bones lay on top of each other like a pile of burning wood. The strongest Pyromancers of the dead were left with another bone that hadn't decayed in addition to the skull; some were even left with two. The smoke, contaminated with dark energy, was pulled down into the shape of a vortex, concentrated unusually in one spot. A hole opened in the center of the vortex, revealing the face of a determined Pyromancer who must have survived the flaming skull.

"Oh, so you dodged the embers of the flaming skull, did you?" I stated.

"Don't patronize me, you monster. I didn't dodge them at all. I was only fast enough to keep my distance and take control of most of the embers with my own Pyromancy. My fire energy worked slower than it could have, having to fight the Necromancy around each stray ember for control. I will kill you... for killing the 200 men who now lie on the ground, ready to become a part of it..." the Pyromancer said, lowering his head and only daring to raise it and look into my frightening eye as he swore the last line. The flaming skull shattered.

"You shattered it, ...Pyromancer?" I asked.

"In a way. Flames need oxygen, but arcane flames feed off of the wielder's energy. But the mancer who created that flame is dead. You killed him. And now, that lonely flame surrounding the skull has used up all its master's energy left in his dead body. So the flame has begun to weaken, shrinking into the skull. Since the wall of Necromancy is designed to hold the flame in place and control it, the dark energy shrinks along with it. Which allows me to focus my own Pyromancy to weaken the Necromancy from the outside as well. As soon as your magic shattered, my flames swallowed the flame that you were trapping, joining with it. The fire went in the direction of the more powerful force and ran that skull through with so much energy as to shatter it," the last Pyromancer explained with a smirk.

"How amusing. Your comrades died before they could ever figure something like this out. Or perhaps they would have been too dimwitted anyway," I said in a laid-back, theatrical tone. "You do seem to be significantly more powerful than the others, however. Are you, perhaps, their captain?"

"You're very insightful. For a demon," the Pyromancer taunted. His eyes shook with surprise. I was already moving to attack. My hand was about to pierce his chest. The Pyromancer Captain drew flames in the way of my attack. Ribbons of fire flowed through the air to his chest.

His defense was late. It provided only light armor before my pale hand scattered the developing flames and pierced his body 21 millimeters from the heart. I jerked my hand from the Pyromancer Captain's body. My hand felt a burn. The enemy focused his energy on the spot in his chest and heated up my hand with it. One last trick. The Pyromancer wasn't dead, and I will leave him there... he will be of use to me later.

"You are not the only one who knows the arcane well. Of course you would use your magic in clever ways with the experience you possess. But I myself am fairly good at figuring things out in battle. My mind works so that it mainly remembers things that can be used against others in the future. I have a feeling your blood will taste foul."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 22:08 by SiteHaunter »
I am your master.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2013, 20:26 »
"So, it will likely be dark in there, unless we have eyes like owls, we need a light light source ((Basically, a dim light)). I can provide that." I say, making my hands go dimly.

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2013, 23:16 »
"I can help with anything which would require telekinesis, but I need to know what's going on, or at the very least where we're heading. You can't expect me to make a decision based on what little I know." He looks around at the others and frowns.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 11, 2013, 00:04 »
"Hmmm.... Good point Matt." I say putting my hands out ((extinguishing them)). "Nikolai, can you help with this?" I ask. Then....BOOM! I hear an explosion. Being a pyromancer, I just shrug my shoulders and focus back onto the matter at hand.

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 11, 2013, 21:41 »
      Past the sea of bones, lying on the charred ground like dismantled prison bars, was the room where the mancers were being held. Blocking off each cell was not a set of bars but an arcane force field that nullified all magic used against it from the inside. The prisoners were still trying to fight it, to break free, having been brought in recently, but they were all too lacking in intelligence to find a way. But the man I came here for had his head lying flat on his fist, looking impatient, waiting to escape but not acting on his own.
      I broke the wall on his cell from the outside. "You are a pig. A Necromancer of your caliber lets himself be caught by dirty, inferior Pyromancers who call themselves 'the law,'" I scolded the man, the Necromancer, Cierro Necrotter.

"I was sticking to your plan, Comet," Cierro, a large, buff Necromancer with tanned skin covered in scars, explained.

"No, you are not, if you have not gotten up and come out of your cell by now. I am beginning to believe that I should rip open your neck and toss your drained body into the pile of Pyromancer skulls behind me."

"You think that frightens me? I can't get up because my legs have been constantly exposed to Necromancy bouncing off the arcane wall every time I tried to break it down. ...I'm joking, of course. You and I both know that Necromancers can control the flow of death, so if my legs were to come close to decay, I would push back the process of death with Necromancy, which is the magic that can regulate just that, and prevent myself from disintegrating." Cierro got up and walked past the broken glass of the arcane wall.

"How typical of you. Do you still understand my plans?"

"Yeah. You've discovered objects that each represent the essences of arcane arts. They are the condensed cores that allow a mancer to create an arcane mass and control it. These objects are the sources of power, and they are each found in-"

"You understand then. Fine. We'll stay here for a short amount of time. I need to see someone whom I am interested in. Stay here and kill anyone who comes by. Understand, Cierro?"

"I understand, Chosen Necromancer," Cierro replied. I stopped for moment, turning my head slightly, silent, with the blood-red of my gaze spilling over my shoulder, looking down on Cierro, who appeared so inferior and pathetic in comparison to myself, and I walked away. I left behind a trail of decay when I walked, as it was my Necromancy gobbling up the floor of the jail behind me like a hungry dog trying to pull me in the other direction. Soon, I will leave this city for my hometown with four others with me, where I will kill. I hail from the town Aprisen; the last time I had been there was when I cut down and killed my father 26 years ago.
I am your master.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 11, 2013, 22:23 »
((Well played sir.))

//Siofra so far hasn't done anything drastic. I'd better stay the same....//

((BTW, in what magic category would mind reading stand in?))

quack98

« Reply #430 on: October 11, 2013, 22:30 »
((Probably Biomancy, Divination & Necromancy. As long as you can justify it, any category is fine, but obviously mind reading in pyromancy, for instance, would be hard to justify))

"I don't think anyone will be quiting tonight, Siofra. Unless? Have you been counting on us backing out so that you could look brave, with no intention of doing this?" I say, more trying to provoke her than anything else.

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2013, 00:37 »
((Probably Biomancy, Divination & Necromancy. As long as you can justify it, any category is fine, but obviously mind reading in pyromancy, for instance, would be hard to justify))

((I have found a way to justify it, and the fact that Blaze's Pyromancy is at a level 10 helps it even more. I myself justified in the previous post that it's hard to kill an experienced Necromancer because he can control the flow of death as to hold it back and prevent him from dying for quite a long time after someone delivers an apparent death blow. I have a lot to justify about Necromancy in the future too, so Necromancy may be a very broad category by the end of the RP. Blaze, I'll send you a PM that will help you justify mind reading with Pyromancy if you need it. It will make your character look like a super-smart experienced battle-strategist Pyromancer. Even if that may make you more of a threat to my character. :yeswink: ))

~~~

"Cierro."

"What is it, Chosen Necromancer?"

"Look after this body. He is still alive. He'll come to his senses at some point. But now I need you to hold him. Do as I say." I swung the Pyromancer Captain's body by the leg and over my head, and it dropped on the rotten ground at Cierro's feet. Cierro's eyes went to the side in a reluctant manner. "Fine," he said.

"And," I continued, "free the prisoners. Force them to submit as soon as you do. I have decided that I will use them."

Cierro nodded. "My Necromancy has ranked 9 out of 10. I won't fail."

"Although they are worthless, don't underestimate them. They must have done some considerable damage to land themselves in jail and thus they must have some considerable power. And there are many. Keep your guard up and don't be a hotheaded fool as you usually are," I told him.

A veil of Necromancy surrounded a skull on the ground, levitating it into my bloodstained hand. Ah, Necromancy. The way it has complete control over everything dead. I will not lift a finger... I can use the arcane to draw things toward me. "Keep a low profile, although you would think that Necromancers of our strength wouldn't need to. If I intend to kill, I will fight with a flaming skull. I will collect fire energy to activate the flaming skull from the bony remains of the Pyromancers I killed. Do the same. As I said, keep a low profile. We'll destroy Equinox another day, if it is needed. Do you understand?"

Cierro nodded in uncertainty. A drop of sweat came down the side of his face and slid down his chin. He didn't know what to think when I said the two words "our strength." He must have been wondering: Is the Chosen Necromancer finally treating me as more than just a pawn? Large, bulky, hotheaded imbeciles like Cierro would always kill each other for my recognition. He could not think anything else, for the little he could think.

The street by Equinox's jail was empty. There are mancers bleeding in every alley. I sense them. But not here. There is, far down this dead, silent street built over blood-stained dirt, the Arcane Academy, which had been established within the past 5 years, having started out as a secret society. It is now seen as Equinox's way of training its population, young and old, to defend itself from attacks by other, infamous mancers. There, I will find the second person that will accompany me to Aprisen. I will kill him if he refuses, and throw his body to Cierro, leaving it in the hands of an idiot. A suitable grave for one who will not succumb.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 00:40 by SiteHaunter »
I am your master.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2013, 13:25 »
((Thanks draghost, although, about the necromancy situation with my character, I've got a few ideas myself. I'll return the pm to you with mine))

"Or if we did agree and happened to get caught, you'd take us out as well?" I inquire uncharacteristically forcefully.

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2013, 03:46 »
((Necromancy situation with your character? You mean Pyromancy? I can send you my suggestion and you can reply with your thoughts having to do with your character. We've got a deal.))

((This post is a narration about the Arcane Academy.))

~~~

The Arcane Academy. Within the building the hallways are divided into separate wings. The place is a cake-like structure; a smaller floor is stacked on a bigger floor ten times over. Each floor fits into a round, flat bulge in the shape of the building. The first five floors are where mancers practice the arcane. Each floor has its own name and its own purpose; from the lowest to the highest of these five, the floors are known as: the Pyromancy wing, the Biomancy wing, the Geomancy wing, the Telekinesis wing, and the Divination wing. A sixth floor is visible, but that zone looks as if it is decaying and falling apart from the outside. No one can see into the dreaded sixth floor from outside the building. Likewise, it is unseen on the inside, as well as inaccessible. Once there were Necromancers studying there... but there is a rumor that an accident occured there, where a student was found dead long after when the situation supposedly happened.

It was a male Necromancer, and it was frightening how his corpse was hidden. Two years, 6 months, and 17 days ago he was reported missing from home, and the school had nothing to say on his whereabouts. It happened quickly, but indignation erupted between the student's parents and the Academy. In the end, the parents had no one in particular to blame and no one to turn to. Their own anger collapsed onto them in the form of sadness, and they were losing hope, because they knew that the student, their son, was dealing with the arcane. Which meant, wherever the student was, his sudden disappearance surely involved the arcane and, as a result, likely death.

It was only one week later that the missing person was found. In the dark of night the building was empty, except for janitors, who handled the Academy throughout its cleaning phase and always completed the job with arcane techniques. As if the sky was filled with Necromancy, the sun rotted away beneath the clouds like flesh and the moon showed like a skull. Night had come quickly, and so had the feeling that something was amiss.

The cleaning Necromancers on the sixth floor were rotting away dust, dirt, and webs in the corners. Cleaning Telekimancers made simple repairs like shifting loose floorboards and clogging up cracks in the wall by locating and levitating the broken pieces back into place. A young man with dark hair, a cleaning Telekimancer whose magic ranked 5 out of 10, kneeled down to a spot of decay in one of the floorboards. The man, whose name was Kieyen, slid a spare floorboard into his hands from the pile of extra planks that he was obliged to bring. He was ready to replace the damaged one. He assumed that the damage was caused by the release of Necromancy from the students as they were practicing earlier that day. Kieyen levitated the rotted floorboard out of its space, and he was ready to lower the new plank onto the gap. But then the floorboard suddenly froze in the air.

What Kieyen saw that night was a skull, resting there, in the pocket of space between the current floor and the one below. Not just a skull - a ribcage lay in the soil along with the rest of the skeleton. Only the ribcage and the skull were not covered by the Necromancer's robe. The most horrid thing about the ribcage was that the person's heart was there. It was a disgusting sight. Kieyen's discovery became a subject of investigation. Ultimately, the skeleton was identified as the missing student, but no stretch of investigation could ever determine who had left him this way.
     "What can be determined," an investigator explained, "is that this is the work of a Night Warlock. The spot of decay is, in fact, there because someone had summoned Necromancy. The fact that the floorboards hiding the skeleton seem intact means that whoever caused this most likely levitated the planks off the floor and threw the body under. We would describe the culprit as a fairly skilled Necromancer and Telekimancer. But we haven't been able to get any further with that information."

The sixth floor was sealed off and shut down. The incident proved even more that Necromancy was evil magic. And so it was never practiced at the Academy again. But the sixth floor was still there, still noticeable. Still reeking of death. The silly rumor that extended from the tragedy was that the abandoned sixth floor was haunted by the ghost of the student who was killed there. Perhaps it wasn't a rumor, nor silly, after all. If the arcane exists, then so may a ghost. But no one would ever know. One month later the cleaning Telekimancer Kieyen was killed in the night near the town Kiverton. And like the situation with the missing student, no one would ever know who had done it.

The seventh floor of the Academy is not as frightening as the last. This is the floor where the instructors work on discovering new forms of the arcane, apart from the elements that already exist. There the Academy is making some progress, but it has not introduced any new magic to the world yet. The Equinox law says that it is better if the Academy stays that way, or else civilians would have another thing to defend themselves from, with little time to be able to catch on and figure out the weaknesses of a new form of magic.

The Arcane Academy's eighth floor is reserved as grounds for practicing a new arcane element if one were discovered. The ninth floor is where some of the Academy instructors stay and prepare to fight if the building were attacked, while the rest of them would hold off the intruders. Instructors are often seen here, even when the school isn't under attack, but for the most part, the ninth floor is a battleground.
     On the tenth floor the instructors relax. The office of the Master of the Arcane Academy is also located here. More than for the purpose of helping civilians defend themselves, which is what the Equinox law wants its people to think, the Arcane Academy exists to show how magic is becoming a part of people's normal lives. Students who graduate the academy usually decide to leave Equinox and settle elsewhere, and the tight Equinox law sighs with relief.               
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:58 by SiteHaunter »
I am your master.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2013, 13:23 »
((Ok, but look at my profile. I have a 5 in necromancy even if I have a 10 in pyromancy. Plus, my character's parents were killed by a necromancer. Get what I'm saying?))