Author Topic: What's making you happy right now?  (Read 699250 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
Re: What's making you happy right now?
« Reply #9405 on: August 22, 2014, 17:52 »
 A lot of money has been raised to help protect Officer Wilson. It's quite heart warming considering that he's a human being.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: August 22, 2014, 18:13 »
I don't think happy is quite the right word, but this is doing some crazy stuff to my mind right now and I'm kind of scared and I don't know if this is real life anymore send help
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: August 22, 2014, 18:19 »
I don't think happy is quite the right word, but this is doing some crazy stuff to my mind right now and I'm kind of scared and I don't know if this is real life anymore send help

I'm laughing so hard already oh man xDDDDDDDD

...okay I take that back, I don't what life is now. Other than YADON.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 18:26 by Spriter »

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: August 22, 2014, 18:40 »

should really have posted this in the confusing thread because it just left me like "wth"

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9409 on: August 22, 2014, 19:17 »
A lot of money has been raised to help protect Officer Wilson. It's quite heart warming considering that he's a human being.
how could that be making you happy he murdered an unnarmed teenager. he shot him six times whilst the kid was on his knees with his hands up i literally am sickened by the thought people are giving him money for shooting a kid. his report was bogus; michael didn't steal anything from the store. the store didn't call for the police. his only crime was walking in the street and being black

on a happier less racist note, might be getting an xbox one omg

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: August 22, 2014, 19:39 »
 Has there actually been definitive proof of what happened yet? All I've had is a mumble jumble of different stories from two extremes and I'm still trying to understand it.

Like, if he get's charged with the murder and thrown in jail, it's fair enough.

Until then, he should have some form of protection from the people that would happily lynch him.

It seems a lot like the cause of the London Riots in 2011, where the cop shot a black boy and it was made into a whole issue about race then everyone jumped on and started looting shops for the fun of it.

Definitely going to enjoy sociology this year.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: August 22, 2014, 19:51 »
I finally buckled and made a tumblr

I'm having a lot of fun

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: August 22, 2014, 20:09 »
 ^ Tumblr is great fun when you go on a massive spree  ^.^ some of the stuff there is really funny!

Really looking forward to going back to photography. It's been too long since my camera has had some good quality film in it.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: August 22, 2014, 20:18 »
Has there actually been definitive proof of what happened yet? All I've had is a mumble jumble of different stories from two extremes and I'm still trying to understand it.

Like, if he get's charged with the murder and thrown in jail, it's fair enough.

Until then, he should have some form of protection from the people that would happily lynch him.

It seems a lot like the cause of the London Riots in 2011, where the cop shot a black boy and it was made into a whole issue about race then everyone jumped on and started looting shops for the fun of it.

Definitely going to enjoy sociology this year.

do they cover racial/ethnic relations in sociology or did you just fall asleep during that class or play pokemon through it or what,
           

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: August 22, 2014, 20:38 »
how could that be making you happy he murdered an unnarmed teenager. he shot him six times whilst the kid was on his knees with his hands up i literally am sickened by the thought people are giving him money for shooting a kid. his report was bogus; michael didn't steal anything from the store. the store didn't call for the police. his only crime was walking in the street and being black

worth pointing out that he DID steal from the store: his friend who was a witness to him being shot also admitted that he stole the cigars, so either both of his statements (the shooting and the robbery) are believed, or neither are. 
he was also apparently stopped because he was jaywalking, so for a minor crime rather than for no reason. bUT neither was he stopped because of the theft, because wilson wouldn't have known about that (IIRC the store didn't call the police, no). brown had no previous convictions either.
obviously his race (and his gender/age/build) was part of why he was stopped too, and likely determined the outcome. 
as in i'd be really surprised if it wasn't, given the racial attitudes around that part of the country. 

there is a list of known facts here about what happened, and some speculations, clearly marked as such. 

however, either way it was excessive force. if the charge (as far as wilson was concerned) was jaywalking and then attacking a police officer, then he should have been arrested, not shot. he was unarmed. IMO the shooting was not necessary, but the truth should still not be twisted in either direction. 
there's also the fact that there IS a lot of institutionalised racism amongst the (mostly white) police force in (mostly black) neighbourhoods. there's the fact that the police used tear gas and wooden bullets against (and arrested) protesters, including peaceful protesters, including reporters, including children, including before even approaching the crowd, including before the curfew. 
this isn't saying "everything the police did was overkill and nobody in the community was at all violent ever", just pointing out that in regards to the looting, the media usually follows the violence. there are also the people in the community stopping the looting and the excuses for violence, at the people carrying out peaceful protests or providing milk and water to aid people hit by tear gas. 

basically ferguson is a media circus right now. and although nobody can know for sure WHAT happened (who wasn't there), this isn't an isolated incident... there's clearly a bigger problem of this nature. and i'm not sure that so many guns are a great solution, but it's a deep-rooted thing that will likely take a long time to change. 

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 20:43 by Sebastian Moran »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: August 22, 2014, 21:15 »
 Thanks for the link. It was an excessive use of force but all I had heard was that Brown had assaulted the officer in his car then charged at him with a knife... which led to his death.

Right now, it just seems a shame that different groups are using the entire event to support their own agendas and sadly that would effect any legitimate information unless it's from an unbiased primary source. Like a lot of Tumblr sources will be saying that Brown was a completely innocent child who didn't do anything.

I wouldn't imagine rioting would solve anything if there's already racial tension amongst the communities though. If there was one big peaceful protest, things would have gone more in the communities favour.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: August 22, 2014, 22:04 »
Ah, shootings and racism in the happiness thread. What an exciting friday!

Finale of Korra today. It. Was. Amazing. Completely makes up for the meh previous series. None of the crappy relationship stuff to make the hormonal teenagers squeal with their endless shipping. Just lots of fighting and even a gruesome death, yay!

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9417 on: August 22, 2014, 22:16 »
guess who has an xbox one

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: August 22, 2014, 23:54 »
Not the kinda thing for the happiness and rainbows thread. I'm out of loop with the whole thing.

I have no real worries for once, feels good ^^

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: August 23, 2014, 17:28 »
 Come September, I'm going to start training for the next cancer support run. I'm going to aim for the 5k then hopefully I'll be able to do the 10k by the time a run takes place.

It'll be nice to raise money for a good cause.