General Category > PKMN.NET

double posting on art threads?

(1/5) > >>

sylar:
hi
i know art threads are really dead most of the time
at least mine seem to be but i dunno???

but what's da scoop on double postin in art threads?

see i was gonna do this thing, it's called dedramo which is a new drawing for every day in december. i'm a bit late since i only figured this out like... today... but yeah...

if i were to post, would i need to wait until someone else posted on a dedramo threads, or could i be a chancer and say 'what if there wasn't a double posting rule on the art threads'?
i guess it's just me but i really like showing off things i've drawn and it's hard to do that when nobody really sees them to comment u_u

this is all just one big WWEH post it seems but
yeah

tl;dr: can you double post on an art thread to bump it, or even just update it with new art? or do you need to wait until someone has posted before you can post yourself?
better question is 'does anyone but me care'

Legacy:
Personally I feel double posting on art threads should be allowed.

Art is something that is done upon pure inspiration and expression of self (unlike with RPing or other threads where you have to wait for a response before you can continue a story/debate/etc.) and waiting for someone to comment on it is generally irritating if you have more that you wish to post up.

By the Owner of the thread double posting (especially in the first few posts) they give themselves more room for links or thumbnails or even full pictures, as a way of, essentially, promoting their work and going 'Hey, look what I did, what do you think?' which is the very feel the Art Board should be going for.

Just my thoughts.

Liam:
Edit it into the previous post, and if you don't have enough characters create another post.

Legacy:

--- Quote from: Liam on December 05, 2011, 17:17 ---Edit it into the previous post, and if you don't have enough characters create another post.

--- End quote ---

Still doesn't help with the issue Sylar is raising.
With multiple other forums (if you want to call this a comparison and complain about it then so be it), you can bump your own topic multiple times.

However I believe that the art forum here could use something slightly different, in the sense that perhaps only bump if you have a new piece of art, and the thread hasn't been responded to within x amount of time (no posts for say, 2/3 weeks)

As for Sylar's specific case, it could be classed as an art Project rather than a shop or gallery, and so could differ again.

If I'm honest the art board could to with a bit of a revamp in a sense, and this could well be a step forward, allowing more people to have projects such as this, while being able to keep better track.

Although on the flipside, posting a link with the date beside it could work just as well, and has been used in the past by people. But that still doesn't get past the point of double posting so that others can actually see your work and realise you've posted a new piece. As far as I know, edits only show up as new to those who have posted in the thread.

((My mind keeps going off on a tangent today -__- I don't like it.))

Liam:
Removing or changing the double posting rule for art threads sort of defeats the purpose of there being a double posting rule for the rest of the forum. Sure, you want to show off your art and that's great but the same principal applies if I wanted to show off a particular post for example (lame example, but meh) - I couldn't just go around double posting. If people want to post, they will post. If they don't, they won't.

You could always notify your friends to put in a post?

In any case, I don't really mind. It would make sense, but it doesn't really affect me unless I start posting my drawings. Heh. :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version