Misc > Music

Guilty Music Pleasures

(1/5) > >>

.~:Sly Foxx:~.:
Sometimes, you like music despite knowing the musical creation behind it is terrible. And no matter how elitist you are about music and how much you moan and gripe about 'Pop these days', you can't deny that there is at least one appauling song that still makes you tap your foot whenever you listen to it.

That's what this place is for. Don't worry. We won't judge. Much.

(Note, this isn't necessarily for stuff that other people say is bad and you disagree - so much as stuff which people say is bad and you AGREE with their reasons, you just still enjoy it anyway.)

My guilty band pleasure is definitely Westlife... Because, yeah, I know virtually everything they do is a cover, they're basically an overglorified boy band designed for tweens to squeal over, and everything they sing is the most nbearably cheesy stuff. But I don't care. They have good voices! And their songs make me so happy! D: I can't listen to 'When You're Looking Like That' and NOT dance.

As for my guilty song pleasure. 'What Makes You Beautiful', by One Direction. The first line's autotune grates on my ears. The band cannot sing at all. The lyrics are messed up, and I can't stand the concept of 'Being shy and reserved = beautiful because YOU SHOULD BE INSECURE GODDAMNIT' but you know what, the song still makes me stupidly happy anyway. Why? I do not know. I do not know at all. But it puts me in a good mood and makes me want to dance everywhere and aaaaaaah. THIS SONG.

What about you guys?

sans the skeleton:
Skrillex is my guilty music pleasure and I don't understand why it pleasures me so much D:

sylar:
brokencyde and skrillex

dont look at me ma
dont look at your little boy

Inferna:
I really like james blunt, steps, 5ive and elvis. :u

Liam:
^James Blunt is the one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version