Misc > Random Randomness

Nostalgia Thread

<< < (79/80) > >>

Sean and Gliscor:
Hello! I'm glad this topic exists.

Every so often I think of this place and come back to lurk and sometimes post. My account is now 15 years old... crazy. I was mainly known as pikapika333, or Itachi before having the current DN.

I turned 29 a couple of weeks ago. I joined this site as a 13 year old looking to prove himself to be the best at pokemon... in my first match I got absolutely smashed 6-0 by Raven. I had a long way to go so started to read the competitive battling blogs, and that taught me everything I know today. I even remember winning an epic shoddy battle tournament!

I wasn't ever hugely active on the forums but, I loved the IRC and chatting to folks on there... enigma, zangooseclaw, raven, Alex (can't remember username), lottie, mewz, dan and many many others. I hope you're all doing well in life and if you see this then do respond! I want to know how you're doing.

Joeno:

--- Quote from: Sean and Gliscor on October 27, 2022, 08:42 ---I wasn't ever hugely active on the forums but, I loved the IRC and chatting to folks on there... enigma, zangooseclaw, raven, Alex (can't remember username), lottie, mewz, dan and many many others. I hope you're all doing well in life and if you see this then do respond! I want to know how you're doing.

--- End quote ---

Join the Discord! A bunch of us are still hanging out in there. That goes for everyone looking to chat

Lord Raven:
I also want to say to anyone who thinks: "there was so much drama, i feel so ashamed, i was so stupid back as a teenager."

It's fine. No hard feelings. We were teenagers when there was drama. Now I'm 30 and much of the rest of us are in real life. It doesnt matter if you were the most childish piece of crap back then or just too nice to hang around -- we're all open to just, hanging out and talking about anything. It's a nice little place. No judgment. No internet ego crap. Just people being people.

And lots of warmth. Community means so much to me even despite us being 'dead' -- i had problems in school and at home and I just learned how to be myself and talk to people through here. And I'm thankful it was here and not just about anywhere else, where I'd probably be led astray.

princezuko:

--- Quote from: Lord Raven on March 17, 2023, 03:34 ---I also want to say to anyone who thinks: "there was so much drama, i feel so ashamed, i was so stupid back as a teenager."

It's fine. No hard feelings. We were teenagers when there was drama. Now I'm 30 and much of the rest of us are in real life. It doesn't matter if you were the most childish piece of crap back then or just too nice to hang around -- we're all open to just, hanging out and talking about anything. It's a nice little place. No judgment. No internet ego crap. Just people being people.

And lots of warmth. Community means so much to me even despite us being 'dead' -- i had problems in school and at home and I just learned how to be myself and talk to people through here. And I'm thankful it was here and not just about anywhere else, where I'd probably be led astray.

--- End quote ---

I know this is not related in the slightest but I think we should continue with the anime episode guides Eg. Sun and moon and so forth. Because I was looking through it and realized it ended at xy (arguably when Pokémon felt like an anime for once and not just a cartoon with the artstyle of an anime)  ;D

Captain Jigglypuff:
I’ve been a member here for 13 years and I was an adult when I signed up. I mainly was interested in the Caption Contest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version