Pokémon Games > Team Building

The one 'mon army!

(1/3) > >>

Petzbreeder:
I can't remember who it was, but someone else on this forum came up with this idea the other day. I've slightly expanded on it.

This is for when Sun/Moon are released.

Pokemon: Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Moves: Fissure (must have 6 PP)

'Nuff said!

Everyone should have a flying type on their team at all times to counter it, just in case one shows up in a competitive battle.

MegaNerd14:
That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. NEXT!

Ya-Yah:

--- Quote from: Petzbreeder on March 27, 2016, 17:31 ---I can't remember who it was, but someone else on this forum came up with this idea the other day. I've slightly expanded on it.

This is for when Sun/Moon are released.

Pokemon: Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Moves: Fissure (must have 6 PP)

'Nuff said!

Everyone should have a flying type on their team at all times to counter it, just in case one shows up in a competitive battle.

--- End quote ---

I'm a bit confused... could you explain what this is about?

Petzbreeder:
Basically, No Guard is an ability which makes all moves hit with perfect accuracy.
Combine that with a one-hit KO move like Fissure and you can't lose!

E.C.A.M.B.S.:
That Machamp needs speed and bulk to deal with Fairy types. Also Pressure Wailord with its marginally better base 60 speed outlasting 6 PP Fissure using Protect and Substitute. Then again Wailord doesn't usually get speed EV's, so you might be in luck there.

Okay then maybe Dugtrio with Arena Trap and Protect + Substitute could do something about Machamp. Or Mega Gengar can use Destiny Bond anticipating Fissure/Knock Off. I know little about competitive play, I'm just playing devil's advocate. Anyway smogon might just go ahead and ban Machamp if a single Pokémon manipulates every team to have a flying type at all times

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version