Pokémon Games > Team Building

Replaying Emerald

(1/3) > >>

The name master:
Part of me wants to do this and another doesn't! The reason I partly don't is because of my Latias! I love it so much!

This is the team I will have:

Seviper

Milotic

Banette

Solrock

Plusle

Rayquaza

I'm mainly just trying pokemon I've never tried before (which explains Plusle!) what do you think?

Tzav:
You're going to be waiting a long while for the first permanent teammate on your team, so you're going to have to keep temporary ones for a while before swapping. If you're fine with that, not an issue.

Seviper:
Crunch and Poison fang are must haves, and if you want to stall after poisoning, I recommend TM dig. It covers a lot of types that Seviper is weak to, and gives the enemy that extra poison damage. Useful, but can get hurt bad by a lot of steel types, so I have to insist on dig.

Milotic:
Have fun Febas fishing. If you can get one, I recommend surf, ice beam, and recover. Solid choice

Banette:
It isn't very fast or bulky, and doesn't have a great selection of moves, I would suggest Dusclops instead, as it's only real chance to use it's attack stat is with shadow ball, unless you use TM's.

Solrock:
Might I reccomend Lunatone? Same typing, but is more special focused, and special defense is useful against the so many water types in Hoenn

Plusle:
Wonderful baton pass user, block an enemy into something with Encore or paralyze them with spark after using charge, then use Agility, then baton pass. I recommend.

Rayquaza:
Yes.

The name master:
Lunatone is unobtainable in Emerald. Based on stats, Banette is better than Dusclops. Don't worry about getting Feebas! I'm very persistent if I want to be!

And yes, I'll get temp pokemon!

What would you suggest instead of Banette? I'll really only say no if I've used it before or if it's not a hoenn pokemon! How about Cacturne?

Tzav:
Oh, you haven't used Cacturne? Wonderful grass type, psychic immunity, and would destroy the psychic Gym, Giga drain TM is good on it, and it makes good use of Feint attack, so very useful against the water and psychic powerhouses you'll find. For the other two moves, Sandstorm and Double team works well for stalling and chipping away, as sand veil makes Cacturne harder to hit, so piling on the double teams while chipping away and draining when necessary is perfect.

I also find a nice choice is Flygon. Strong, has Crunch, has dragon typing, and beastly if it paralyses with dragon breath then uses sandstorm.

The name master:
OK. I'll use Cacturne! I already used Flygon (in fact, I used it on Emerald before I started to replay it!)

I know I'll get Sandshrew before Rayquaza. I'll choose Mudkip because I liek mudkipz it's the best starter ever and use it until I get Milotic. It also destroys the electric gym (because it'll be a marshtomp by the time I get there)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version