Pokémon Games > Team Building

One type team

(1/4) > >>

The name master:
Thinking of maybe playing a game with only pokemon of a certain type. Maybe a gen one game. What type do you think I should use?

Not dragon! I don't want a team of Dragonites! Or ghost!

I am wrong that grass types are bad at least in gen 1 and isn't that much variety?

Not many psychic types either are there?

Petzbreeder:
Grass types are actually quite good in Gen 1, particularly in the early stages. The first two gyms are weak against grass types. The last gym as well, if I'm not mistaken. The seventh gym may be a bit tricky though.

The name master:

--- Quote from: Petzbreeder on July 29, 2017, 21:30 ---Grass types are actually quite good in Gen 1, particularly in the early stages. The first two gyms are weak against grass types. The last gym as well, if I'm not mistaken. The seventh gym may be a bit tricky though.

--- End quote ---
At least one gym is going to be tricky whatever I do!

I thought grass was bad because of crappy learnsets (poisonpowder, stun spore, etc)

I doubt I'll do fire. Other than charmander, fire types appear quite late.

The Hooded Trainer:
Theres quite a few posion types, all throughout the game.  Some of them are terrible (beedrill, for example) but it does give you things like the nidoran lines, and thanks to dual typing you could actually get decent coverage.

Petzbreeder:

--- Quote from: The name master on July 29, 2017, 21:33 ---crappy learnsets (poisonpowder, stun spore, etc)

--- End quote ---

Status moves are actually useful.
Is the opponent moving faster than you? Use Stun Spore to paralyze them.
Is the opponent hitting you too hard, too often? Use Sleep Powder to prevent them from attacking at all!

Moves like Growl and Leer could be considered useful as well. Take advantage of everything that a grass type is capable of.

If you're going with the Gen 1 remakes, Bulk Up and Growth are good moves to raise stats.
Hmm, it seems that Breloom is the only grass type in Gen 3 that can use Bulk Up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version