Author Topic: In-Game Team Help?  (Read 2685 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
  • Doing a Nuzlocke on Platinum and playing White :)
    • View Profile
In-Game Team Help?
« on: February 25, 2013, 18:46 »
I'm planning my in-game team for W2, I have my first three Pokemon and movesets, but I'm not sure which items to get. I have covered all the types so there isn't really any weaknesses. I need advice for my last three Pokemon... I would like one to be focused on helping the rest of the team and healing, and I don't care about a HM Slave so there's no need to save a slot for that. Also, I'm not sure what items to use, so yeah :P I need help....

Samurott
Surf, Dig, Ice Beam, Scald - I want to keep Samurott with Surf, but I don't mind changing the others :)

Salamence
Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake, Stone Edge - I want to keep Salamence with Fly unless I can use it more effectively on a different Pokemon ? But the others I don't mind changing.

Scrafty
Crunch, Brick Break, Smack Down, Grass Knot.

I usually prefer almost perfect accuracy and decent power over crazy-high power but rubbish accuracy simply because it's more reliable, but I'm open to using less accurate moves if I can teach a Pokemon a move that will increase the chances of it hitting :D

Thank you :)
Awkward :/

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: In-Game Team Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 19:07 »
The first two look fine for in-game. Scrafty really doesn't want any special attacks, however, so Grass Knot on him is fairly useless. I'd go with Crunch, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide/Smack Down (Rock Slide is much better, but I'm not sure when it's available), Dragon Claw/Bulk Up.

I'd recommend getting another special attacker, maybe a Psychic type. Espeon is a good choice if you can get an Eevee from the one secluded spot where it can be found. Reuniclus is good too. Failing that, Sigilyph is wonderfully powerful in the early stages of the game.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 19:27 »
The first two look fine for in-game. Scrafty really doesn't want any special attacks, however, so Grass Knot on him is fairly useless. I'd go with Crunch, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide/Smack Down (Rock Slide is much better, but I'm not sure when it's available), Dragon Claw/Bulk Up.

I'd recommend getting another special attacker, maybe a Psychic type. Espeon is a good choice if you can get an Eevee from the one secluded spot where it can be found. Reuniclus is good too. Failing that, Sigilyph is wonderfully powerful in the early stages of the game.

The Scrafty moveset sounds good, with Crunch, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide and Bulk Up. I don't really like Eevees or any of the evolutions, so I'd prefer Reuniclus or Sigilyp, but I'll still consider Espeon. I've added in Ferrothorn, I like his typing of Grass/Steel and this is the moveset I'm thinking about:

Energy Ball - just because I don't really like Solar Beam because of the charging-up thing, but has he got a good enough defense to take a hit whilst charging? :S Not sure about this yet...
Bulldoze - Just for those Fire types who get x4 damage :L I couldn't find a better Ground move, since it can't learn Earthquake... meh.
Iron Head - STAB, and also I'd the 30% chance of flinching over the 10% chance of lowering Sp. Def stat.
Sandstorm - I'm not sure, this is just a filler really... Need a little help with this one actually...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 19:54 by OpallapO »

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 20:11 »
Galvantula is very cool, and very good; Coumpoundeyes gives Thunder about... 93% accuracy, I think it is, so it hits very hard and rarely misses. Bug Buzz for dual STAB there, and it's good to go. Grass and Electric, for the most part, cancel each other out since you have a Water type, so it's unnecessary unless you really fear Water Absorb Quagsire.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 20:42 »
I'd recommend using something like Crobat for Fly. It has nice coverage, and you can also give it Heat Wave from a Move Tutor somewhere (dunno where). You can get Giga Drain later on in the game. If you need shards, bike around with Super Repels in Relic Passage.

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 20:57 »
I think I've decided! I'm just hoping I don't find out that I should have chosen Galvantula or Crobat over one or two of them... :S Oh well, here goes :)

Samurott
Surf - It's STAB, and it's a really cool move as well :) Always liked it, to be honest, every since my first adventure on Sapphire! Hehe :D
Dig - To cover the Electric type weakness, and also for caves.
Ice Beam - To get those nasty grass types... ;)
Scald - Only because it has the chance of burning the target, which is always useful   :tongue2:
Samurott's going to be used as an attacker, simply because I don't like walls that much.

Salamence
Dragon Claw - STAB and also, I always like to have at least one move of it's type :) It also helps with the Dragon type weakness... but I guess all dragons have that so yeah...
Fly - Well, it's STAB and also it's pretty useful outside of battle.
Earthquake - It covers the Rock and Electric weakness, and it's a pretty neat move as well. I always have a reliable Ground move on my team :)
Stone Edge - Covers the Ice weakness and also, if there are any Electric/Flying Pokemon I can get 2x damage with it... so it's basically just for more type coverage.
Definite physical attacker.

Scrafty
Crunch - Physical STAB move, and it can learn it by levelling up, which is nice :)
Hi Jump Kick - STAB, and hopefully I can raise the accuracy by using an item... any suggestions? I don't really like X Accuracy's because they wear off. :P
Rock Slide - Basically covering weaknesses again.
Bulk Up - Just to raise his attack a bit more, plus the helpful defense raise as well :D
And well, another physical attacker.

Ferrothorn
Energy Ball - STAB, again.
Iron Head - STAB.
Bulldoze - Those pesky 4x damage Fire moves are going to be killer, so I thought I'd fight back with a decent Ground type move... too bad Ferrothorn can't learn Earthquake though :L
Sandstorm - Just to be annoying, I guess.
Yet another physical attacker. Ooosh :L

Reuniclus
Psychic - Well, it was the only Psychic type move I really fancied on the list, and it's STAB, so heyho ;)
Rock Slide - Covering for type weaknesses again. Maybe I'm too careful?
Focus Blast - I've heard that this is a good move, and also it covers for type weaknesses, so why not? It's worth a shot :)
Rest - One of those 'just in case' moves. And also, because it's defenses aren't too good.
Special attacks here, plus Rest and Rock Slide. I like this moveset, not sure why. It just sounds good in my head. Hope it will work as well in the actual game:)

BRONZONG
Trick Room - Never actually used this type of move before, I guess it's just to mix things up a bit.
Hypnosis - I hate low accuracy moves, but I couldn't find anything better to put the target to sleep. And it's learned at a low level. Paired with Dream Eater...? Hopefully it will be a good combo ;P
Dream Eater - When they're asleep... POW! Dream Eater! At least, I hope so...!
Gyro Ball - For the STAB. And actually being able to attack the target somewhat...
Well, this is my first EVER go at using an 'annoyer'. I think I kind of understand how it's going to work: annoy the target as much as possible whilst taking hits. Maybe I should have used Light Screen or something? Protect? Confusion/Confuse Ray? But i went with an attack instead. Mistake or not?

And I still don't know what items to use. I'll figure it out somehow. Hopefully. But yeah. That's my planned team at the moment :L

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 18:14 »
Put something like stealth rock on ferrothorn instead of bulldoze because you simply just shouldn't put it out against a fire type.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

quack98

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 10:37 »
I think wide lens raises accuracy by 10%, so that'd be useful on scrafty if you'd prefer HJKs power.

Offline The last sheikah

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 15:51 »
Samurott - All good enough. Maybe X-Scissor (TM81, route 7) or Superpower (tutor, Lentimas town) over Scald, but it works fine as it is.
Salamence - All good
Scrafty - Good
Ferrothorn - Power Whip (Level 40) over Energy Ball. Ferrothorn is better physical.
Reuniclus - Shadow Ball (TM30, Reversal mountain) over Rock Slide. Reuniclus is better specially, and can use it to hit Ghosts well. Also, its defenses are usually great.
Bronzong - Wouldn't have thought this would work too well on an in-game team. I doubt you'll get much use out of Trick Room, and dream eater is really unreliable. If you want sleep, go for Amoonguss, which gets Spore (100% accurate).

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 17:58 »
If you hate low accuracy moves then use Gravity instead of trick room, it doesn't look like much of your team is going to benefit from that.

Gravity also lowers evasion a couple of stages, which (provided your opponent hasn't started spamming evasion boosting attacks) will buff moves like Hypnosis up to 100% accuracy...and also your Salamence will be able to Earthquake anything flying type or with levitate.

It might endanger your Bronzong from ground-type attacks though, but it's a good trick to use regardless.