Author Topic: The Bastion [C][Pw]  (Read 8756 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bastion [C][Pw]
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 03:04 »
"Landing a plane this big is pretty risky." thought Jason as he stood up from his seat. He moved towards the packs with purpose, grabbed one, and checked its contents. It was a first aid kit with some basic supplies- bandages, ointments, and some more advanced stuff like suture kits. "Let's hope we don't have to use this stuff" he mused. As he walked toward the drop point, he got a better look at his allies by darting his eyes around, making little sign he was looking at them.

The one who spoke first wasn't like any others. He...she...it? Whatever this thing was, it was in a mechanical suit. Unless it was a mechanical suit, in which case he questioned how maneuverable a body like that would be. If it was something controlling the suit, how familiar would it be with the potentially new body? Did it have weapons; a sword or missiles or guns? He turned to glance at the others.

One was a brown-haired girl. She looked to be a maturing human; in her late teenage years. She fidgeted during the flight, perhaps unaccustomed to being so high in the sky. Or turbulance. Not that nervousness isn't expected. Being dropped off in the middle of a soon-to-be-battlefield with soliders you had minor training with would make anyone uneasy.
She had brown eyes. He liked brown eyes. Reminded him of home.

There was the one in the form-fitting clothing. Good in combat for one who is nimble. She looked very young, which Jason worried about. Youth means little combat experience. He avoided looking at her for longer than a glance; Earth customs tend to look down on a scarred and battle-hardened man looking at a child for longer than a second.

The wingéd one. Also young. Maybe. He couldn't tell. He had fought flying humanoids before. Broke one's spine and threw the paralyzed creature at some others flying towards him. At least it was sort of him. They really banged him up. He lost control. The flying girl had red hair, something that was rare back home. She also had spots on her face, which wasn't as uncommon. Perhaps they served some sort of camoflauge?

He stepped down onto the field. In the natural light outside, the scars that covered his arms became more apparent. Some were small nicks, others ran the length of his arm. He'd feel self-conscious about it if he didn't have a job to do. He had his orders and he needed to fufill them: that is a soldier's job and he was a soldier.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2013, 07:37 »
Penelope unbuckle herself, stood from her seat and collected her kit like everyone else did.  She strapped it to the only free space she had on her belt - she now saw why her supervisors advised leaving room on the belt - and walked over to the open hangar door.

It was green.  Penelope had never left the indoors for her entire life, save for the one incident that cemented her place in the Bastion.  She hadn't seen grass up close before.  She slowly walked down the ramp and stepped onto the ground.  The contrast was the first thing that came to mind; a vibrant colour against the coldness of her armour.  Penelope knelt down, removing a glove as she did so, and tugged a couple of blades of grass from the ground.  She held them about a foot from her face, examining it.  The details on the small blades were nothing like the pictures she had looked up.  It interested her.

Then she spotted something else in the grass.  She let the blades fall from her fingertips and quickly pulled her glove back on.  There were chips of metal, no doubt from some kind of fight; the crater nearby only made it more certain.  Penelope pulled a pair of tweezers from one of her bags and plucked the metal chips from her grass.  On closer inspection she saw tiny marks and scratches, and her visor's analysis gave certainty to her thoughts; Mk4s have this type of metal.

Work with them.  They'll probably want to know.

"It looks like we're fighting Mk4s as well as Mk5s," she said aloud, standing up.  She stared at the metal a little while longer, then it came to her that her teammates, though all too aware of the situation, probably did not know what she was talking about.  Save for herself and some scientists at the base, she had heard their enemies referred to by other names.  "Mk5s are  the, um... 'Grunts'.  Mk4s are Grabbers; they have metal claws that they use from a distance to snare individual targets to reel them in."

Penelope looked out over to the village and frowned behind her visor.  She pulled a clear bag from a pouch on her belt and slipped the metal chips into them.  She knew that materials were scarce as it was.  "There isn't much intelligence on them besides that.  I don't know what else we should expect either; the other signatures aren't familiar."
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2013, 21:48 »
OOC
I've got bad news, good news, more bad news, and news news.
The bad news is that my laptop died. Hence why I haven't posted. The good news is that the shop I took it to is having it fixed - well, as much as they can.
The other bad news is that this may take a further few days. Sorry.
The news news is that I can still type from my Wii U, so if you have any questions, shoot.
Again, my deepest apologies for not being able to post. Typing o this thing's a pain.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2013, 14:13 »
OOC
I've got bad news, good news, more bad news, and news news.
The bad news is that my laptop died. Hence why I haven't posted. The good news is that the shop I took it to is having it fixed - well, as much as they can.
The other bad news is that this may take a further few days. Sorry.
The news news is that I can still type from my Wii U, so if you have any questions, shoot.
Again, my deepest apologies for not being able to post. Typing o this thing's a pain.

((No need to apologise for your  laptop dying.  If anything the laptop should be the one apologising . :) ))

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 23:34 »
((I'm baaaack~
Cody, I looked it over, and you should be good to go. I'll leave it up to you how you insert yourself in, but if you need a hand, I'm more than happy to assist.))

Al-don disembarked, snapping into a more combat-ready mindset. It was, in all honesty, fairly easy for him - he'd done it numerous times before, back when he was with his surrogate father. He would have to go from playful to serious, after all, when doing an experiment. As fun as putting two unknown chemicals together in a tube for the hell of it was, there had to be some sort of discipline. Not to the degree of a soldier though. Training had taken care of that.And, while it was impossible to tell, when his face was little more than a generic visor, he was far more focused than before.

Al-don listened intently to Penelope's explanation, and nodded upon her finishing. He spoke, his digitised voice now clearer, given that the noise of the air transport was not as prominent as before.
"Understood. Any clues on the turrets they'll be using?"
A valid question, one he could provide a basic answer for - but nothing detailed. He didn't have the intricate knowledge of a machine's inner workings, like Penelope did, and he was fairly certain he wasn't geared for learning that sort of thing. ironic, really, considering his power revolved around him being the automaton equivalent of a body snatcher.

He looked about, and examined a few shell fragments, as well as some other scraps that had found their way to the immediate vicinity.
"I'm guessing they've got heavy artillery, though it's probably automated. Programmed to only attack large groups, if I recall, so a small cluster like ours should be fine. It's pretty unlikely they'll aim either those or the anti-air turrets at us when we're close, though."
Al-don turned to Penelope, then the rest of the group. He seemed to be relying on her judgement - he knew the usefulness of the other members of the group, and while he had no doubts they were competent, he doubted any of them had more intricate knowledge of the enemy's inner workings than her.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 23:37 »
(( Taking a few days for a break sorry. Also been hit with writer's block so bleh. I'll edit my post for Cody's character once he posts if he desires, if he was on the ship, when/if I return. ))

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2013, 23:43 »
((Alright, that's cool. We'll all make sure to leave some for you. Won't we, everyone else?))

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2013, 03:18 »
((I have no problem with that. As for the fact that so many who claimed interest haven't posted in weeks...))

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2013, 08:39 »
Penelope nodded at the robot's - 'Al-don's' - estimations.  "Recon and studies done at the base found that the enemy is strong, but their resources aren't unlimited.  They will want to preserve their firepower when they can, so the size of our group would be considered an Mk5 problem.  So long as they haven't been upgraded, we should be fine with them."

She walked towards one of the remains of a shell that was mostly intact and activated the scanner on her visor.  There was nothing new about it.  She looked back over at the village to see if there was anything else she could pick up, now that there wasn't a loud aircraft around her.

"Standard turrets; rapid fire with automatic targeting on organic heat signatures.  They'll see us before the rest."  There was something else that Penelope could sense, but the tech was obscured.  She hadn't studied whatever this model was but, even from this distance, she could tell it was big.  She took a deep breath and rolled her shoulders.  "There are a few large models in the area, but I don't anything else about them.  We'll need to be cautious; they could be new."

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2013, 18:13 »
((Did Reluctant Wailord close their account?))

"There must be something vital around here. Such heavy fortifications aren't common in any military unless something important was within." Jason added. He walked toward where Penelope was standing. Scraps of the soldiers littered the area around them. Jason grasped his large wrench and unhooked it from his belt. It was designed for use by machines in building larger devices, but the Ura soldier saw it as a fitting melee weapon.

"If the large ones you see are new, then it'd be best to keep low. Observe. Look for openings, weaknesses. Then I'll grind them into dust." Jason said this last part with a bit if primal fury, holding his wrench at chest height in a ready position, much like one might hold an assault rifle at ease.

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2013, 21:28 »
(( this is odd... don't get too far ahead then! ))

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2013, 06:12 »
((Okay, so Reluctant Wailord has left PKMN.NET for warmer waters. Or something.
So this means our RP has no "leader". So I propose something that I don't think has been tried before:

We improvise. We don't really know what RW had in mind, but we can take this basic idea of us fighting robits and run with it. We'll all be reasonable, but we all have some creative freedom now. If you want a giant robit hawk to swoop down at you, toss it in! If you want all the robits to combine and form a super robit, we'll all go with it. This can be an RP where everyone's creativity shapes the story much more.

Or we can all go our seperate ways. Or do something else))

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2013, 13:26 »
(( Aha. :( I'm gonna miss RW. I got the PM (Thanks Laprabi<3). So I understand entirely~.

I like the idea of improvising. I think we should plan a bit ahead though or at least get some plot points or something down so that we don't get 'stuck' and end up killing the thread I guess? I will say though I like the giant robot hawk idea, haha. Maybe like some sort of boss bot :o ))

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2013, 09:56 »
((If you want a giant robit hawk to swoop down at you, toss it in!))

((The first thing that came to my head was Songbird.  XD

I agree with Poison; we should plan ahead about where we're going.  Last thing anyone wants is for an RP to get stuck. :( ))

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2013, 18:49 »
((Alright. I propose some generic plan: We're a small squad from the larger organization formed by "The Bastion Project", as hinted at by RW. This way, of someone wants to join later they can jump into the story and not be "inexperienced". We have set missions to accomplish: infiltrate and disable some device, investigate the stronghold and gather intel, or attack a base, etc. This would mean we could change the area multiple times so we don't get too bored and we could even get sent out on solo missions to keep things interesting.

'Course, that's just my idea. I'm sure ya'll have better ideas.))