You have defeated the Pokémon League, and you have received the SS Ticket from your Dad. But, you might ask yourself, what it is the point of sailing from one place to another when you can easily fly?
There are three reasons:
- The trainers on board
- By rooting around you can find TM 49 (Snatch) and some Leftovers
- You can reach the famous Battle Tower- the next big test of Hoenn.
Of course after visiting the Battle Tower by ferry, you can fly there. The Battle Tower is a meeting place for trainers, and allows them to participate in battles without the hassle of a gym or route. You start by talking to the woman at the front desk and registering. Then the fun begins. Off you go to the battle room.
Each session at the Battle Tower sets you against 7 other trainers. You cannot leave the arena until you have either won or lost against these 7 trainers. You can however, save in between battles. If you win then you get a prize! The record number of trainers you have defeated in a row is recorded at the front desk and on your Trainer's Card. The rules of the Battle Tower are as follows:
- You cannot leave the Battle Room until you have defeated or lost to 7 trainers.
- There are 2 different rooms- Level 50 and Level 100. Only Pokémon that Level and under are allowed in the room.
- Only three Pokémon per trainer.
- The participating Pokémon can hold berries and hold items.
- When you win/ lose a battle, your HP and PP is restored.
- When you defeat 7 trainers, you receive a reward upon returning to the entrance.
- When you are defeated, the number of consecutive victories you have on record is finalized. The next time you battle and win, the count is restarted.
- The only items allowed to be used are items held by participating Pokémon.
- Participating Pokémon do not gain Exp. Points.
- No new Pokémon are added to your Pokedex.
- You cannot use more than one of the same Pokémon.
- You cannot use more than one type of the same item.
- You cannot use legendary Pokémon, such as Rayquaza, Groudon or Kyogre.
The prizes you can win depend on how many groups of 7 trainers
you have defeated. If you defeat 50 trainers consecutively, then you will
receive a Silver Shield to show off in your Secret Base. 100 consecutive
trainers wins the Gold Shield. The normal list of prizes is as follows:
Prizes for Groups 1 - 5
Calcium, Carbos, HP Up, Iron, Protein, Zinc.
Prizes for Groups 6+
Bright Powder, Choice Band, Focus Band, King's Rock,
Leftovers, Mental herb, Quick Claw, Scope Lens, White Herb.
The Battle Tower is like the Pokémon Stadium games. So if you were a whizz at those, then you'll love the Battle Tower, and you can use the same strategies. However, you should always keep a couple of things in mind:
Firstly, the Battle Tower rewards trainers who use well balanced teams. Cover all angles when choosing your types. Secondly, items play an important role in a Battle Tower series. Provide your Pokémon with what you think will be useful, or what you think they'll need most. Reccomended items are:
- Quick Claw
- Sitrus Berry
- Shell Bell
Finally, level up your Pokémon to Level 50 or Level 100, depending on which room you will be battling in. For example, all opponents in the Level 50 Battle Room will use Level 50 Pokémon! It's not about higher levels, but about true skill and well- thought out strategies. This is the hardest challenge ever in the game- even harder than the league!
Thanks to Typhlosion for this!
Page written by Psythor.
Digg this! | del.icio.us | Reddit | Stumble Upon | Facebook