Author Topic: Football/Soccer 2012/2013 Season Thread  (Read 32619 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
Re: Football/Soccer 2012/2013 Season Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39 »
I didn't watch the game, but I'm starting to wish I had. But I heard that the United forwards tried to dive their way to free penalties again. But when Kagawa, Young and Wellbeck dive it's fine, but when Suarez and Gerrard do it, it needs stamping out.

I mean, what does he want the fourth official's board to say? This?

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:42 by Milsap »
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2012, 13:09 »
Was nice to see Coventry get demolished by Arsenal midweek. But that doesn't stop their supporters coming to the Facebook League One Banter Page and going "We're massive, we're massive, we're massive" like a broken record.

Walsall travel to Bournemouth tomorrow. Hopefully another three points to come back to WS1.

Up The Saddlers!

Coventry? Their fans are saying that they're massive?

.. they have fans?! o.o

I didn't watch the game, but I'm starting to wish I had. But I heard that the United forwards tried to dive their way to free penalties again. But when Kagawa, Young and Wellbeck dive it's fine, but when Suarez and Gerrard do it, it needs stamping out.

I mean, what does he want the fourth official's board to say? This?

You mean it doesn't already?

You'll probably double take when you see this is coming from me, but as Rob said to me: were the 90 previous minutes not enough?

We were that abject in the first half that you cannot have a single complaint if you then lose the game. Not one.

The biggest problem I have with Sir Alex Ferguson is that he's an incredible broken record and an incredible hypocrite when it comes to added time and officials, always first of the queue to berate them when they make a decision that doesn't go his team's way, but is as quiet as they come when they get a decision incorrect that goes their way. Like last week with Welbeck's dive, Young's dives last season against Villa and QPR.. absolutely nothing.

We accuse Wenger of 'I did not see it', yet.. you know.. Ferguson comes out with statements like that, absolutely nothing about a selection of putting Giggs, Carrick and Scholes up against Dembele, Lennon and Bale and expecting his midfield not to be overrun.. no, it had to be the official's fault for only giving four minutes of added time despite having thirty seven minutes before that at 2-3.. hmsigh.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2012, 14:15 »
Coventry? Their fans are saying that they're massive?

.. they have fans?! o.o

I know, right! Okay, Walsall haven't exactly had the best attendances of late, we average 5,000 out of an 11,300 capacity stadium. So it's roughly half full every home game. We're a small club with Stoke, Wolves, Villa, Blues and West Brom as our neighbours, so that's pretty good considering where we are.

Coventry however, get 8,000 with a capacity of nearly 33,000. That's all there has to be said really.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2012, 18:58 »
Spartak 2 - 3 Celtic

Samaras got the winner

Refer to profile

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2012, 21:42 »
QPR 1 - 2 West Ham

Hell yeah. I watched the game and I'll only say about West Ham because they're the only team I care about.

Jussi was great, not as agile as he once was but still a good stopper. O'Neill and Collins really need to be rotated, they're looking shaky, especially Collins. Tomkins was class, coming on as a sub for Winston Reid to pick up an Assist. McCartney was good, as was Demel. Noble, Diame and Nolan were amazing in midfield, especially Diame, he is a tank and we got him on a free from Wigan. Still don't know why they'd let him go like that. Jarvis starting was good, as was Vaz Te getting his first Premier League goal in ages. Cole looked sloppy and missed a sitter. I'd read that he was unlucky from some, but while I respect his loyalty to the club, he's simply not cutting it anymore. Andy Carroll managed to come on and create more chances in 20 minutes than Cole did in the entire game. Cole did win us headers though, but Carroll can do all that Cole can, just better.

Aside from that goal QPR did little to threaten us. Rob Green's reactions were priceless though, bet he wishes he'd stayed with us now he's headed for the Championship, along with all of Mark Hughes' summer signings. He seems to buy a load of players and hope they can play together. Bet Joey Barton's glad he jumped that ship and went to Marseille.
hahahahahahaha

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2012, 16:46 »
^I think we are all glad Barton jumped stations.

Van Persie getting a double for Man Utd last night against Cluj, but 1-2 is a tight scoreline, especially when Cluj went ahead first.

And yes, Spartak being beaten by Celtic 2-3 is pretty...good for Celtic.

So, Man City will take part in another interesting CL match. Borussia Dortmund are going to be a strong side, and Gotze(no accent, can't get it)could be impressive to watch. ITV or ESPN best have it live, I really want to see Dortmund in action tonight.

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2012, 17:00 »
QPR 1 - 2 West Ham
McCartney was good, as was Demel. Noble, Diame and Nolan were amazing in midfield, especially Diame, he is a tank and we got him on a free from Wigan. Still don't know why they'd let him go like that.

He couldn't brake into our first team squad when he came back from african cup of nations duty, the McCarthy McArthur partnership was far too good to break up, and Gomez was doing much better than Diame to show he was first team quality. Because of that Diame refused to sign a new contract so we let him go on a free.
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

OVOxo

« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2012, 02:55 »
s/o to Samaras and Liam.

Build up to City v Dortmund made it seem like my boy Götze was severely underrated. Go on the Balotelli though!

If we lose Ba/Ben Arfa I may cry.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2012, 13:21 »
[Three Word Rule]

OVOxo

« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2012, 11:27 »
Cleverley needs to get better at crossing >>

Blanco is a legend btw. Just adding this in here from recent events lol

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2012, 18:18 »
Rooney's been made England captain... Somehow I don't see that as being a good thing...
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2012, 21:39 »
So Bale got a penalty for tackling himself.

What an arsehole.

OVOxo

« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2012, 02:58 »
^ despite the ref/assistant mess ups Country of Bale deserved to win. Bale would walk into this England side too. In the starting eleven I'd only take Rooney, Lampard and Hart ahead of him.

@ Milsap; who over Rooney? Only Hart was the only other option and it was San Marino =P

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2012, 10:47 »
^ My nan? And she's been dead five years.

It looks like an Oldham player has been accused of being racist towards a Sheffield United ball boy.

If you would care to stick Sky Sports on, you'll be able to watch the mighty Saddlers take on Shrewsbury ^_^
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 15:32 by Milsap »
[Three Word Rule]

OVOxo

« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2012, 23:05 »
There were no other candidates than Rooney or Hart tbh.

Didn't watch any football; had to clean the living room after last night's shenanigans >>