Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 532438 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #3030 on: July 23, 2011, 23:07 »
seriously if some arsehole said that to me i'd show them the door.

And by floor you mean the Medic's ward C:

What's bugging me right now? How rude people are being about Amy Winehouse's death >:\ all I've heard all day is 'it was her own fault' and 'she deserved it'. As much as I didn't care for how she lived her life, NOBODY deserves to die before their time- and it doesn't matter HOW she died, thank you, just show some respect!

People die everyday in this world, I understand, but brushing off someone who died as if they deserve it is just TERRIBLE. How do you think her loved ones feel when all they hear is that she apparently 'deserved it'? How would you feel if someone you knew and loved died and they were met with the same accusations? That they deserved it?

I'm sorry folks but nobody deserves to die just because they have fame and a drug addiction.

Drug addiction is a real thing, guys. It's what killed Elvis, Bob Marley, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Anna Nichole Smith, and now Amy Winehouse is part of that list...

Just because she died of overdose doesn't mean she deserved it. I really hate how insensitive the world is...
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

EMPIRE

« Reply #3031 on: July 23, 2011, 23:11 »
i keep forgetting to come on here and when i do come back on and stay for a bit i really enjoy it. so why do i forget?!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: July 24, 2011, 01:39 »
grrr
so i was having a cup of lapsang souchong
as you do
and i was dipping a biscuit in cos i am like that

it's those sandwich biscuits you know the two biscuit things and the mysterious "chocolate flavour" layer in the middle
kind of like BNs if you remember those
anyway i was dipping it in and it looked a tiny bit too dipped in
and i was like oh no it's going to fall off like a lepers thumb isn't it

and it decided to fall off
right into my palm
bearing in mind i just made this cup of tea like what 20 seconds ago
and you know how tea cools exponentially yeah well t=20s isn't much on the exponential cooling scale tbqh

so yeah hot wet biscuit in my hand and try to wipe it off and it's like sodding  napalm or something
my body only decides to register "OH GOD BURNING" pain about three seconds too  late which is making me worry a bit as reflex reactions should be slightly....quicker than that but w/e
but yeah annoying

better get some aloe on it eventually
           

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #3033 on: July 24, 2011, 01:49 »
And by floor you mean the Medic's ward C:

What's bugging me right now? How rude people are being about Amy Winehouse's death >:\ all I've heard all day is 'it was her own fault' and 'she deserved it'. As much as I didn't care for how she lived her life, NOBODY deserves to die before their time- and it doesn't matter HOW she died, thank you, just show some respect!

People die every day in this world, I understand, but brushing off someone who died as if they deserve it is just TERRIBLE. How do you think her loved ones feel when all they hear is that she apparently 'deserved it'? How would you feel if someone you knew and loved died and they were met with the same accusations? That they deserved it?

I'm sorry folks but nobody deserves to die just because they have fame and a drug addiction.

Drug addiction is a real thing, guys. It's what killed Elvis, Bob Marley, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Anna Nichole Smith, and now Amy Winehouse is part of that list...

Just because she died of overdose doesn't mean she deserved it. I really hate how insensitive the world is...

What's insensitive is that people care more about the death of a celebrity than the fact that 80+ people have just been slaughtered in Oslo. Why is it that a celebrity's life is valued more than a 'normal' person's?
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: July 24, 2011, 02:25 »
w0w uhh
smh the post above lol

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Catstorm

• *MEMERS 4EVER 2K14*\\HONORARY MEMBER//
  • Joeno Fan
  • ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: July 24, 2011, 04:50 »
Roblox needs to make cheap triangle shades. :p
macaw5: *at a lunch table*.... I only have one question. Where did the table come from
i dont go on this site almost at all any more so feel free to check out my
tumblr, deviantart and
youtube

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: July 24, 2011, 05:32 »
What's insensitive is that people care more about the death of a celebrity than the fact that 80+ people have just been slaughtered in Oslo. Why is it that a celebrity's life is valued more than a 'normal' person's?

That's not what I'm getting at :\ What I mean is that it is wrong to insult people who are dead, especially in such a disrespectful manner. I'm not saying Amy Winehouse is more important than the people in Oslo by any means. What I'm getting at is that you don't see anyone saying that THEY deserved to die. Of course they didn't! And neither did this woman with a drug problem.

To make my point PERFECTLY clear: NOBODY DESERVES TO DIE.

Oh, and Milsap? Don't you EVER assume that I don't care about what happened in Norway EVER again. EVER. I am not a shallow prick like you apparently assume that I am.
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: July 24, 2011, 10:44 »
I'm pretty sure he wasn't specifically talking about you. :B

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: July 24, 2011, 14:02 »
Well, he quoted her post, which tends to imply a reply. Though this is Milsap we're talking about. Frankly I'd be disappointed if he didn't bring it up, seeing as I seem to recall he had a similar rant when Steve Irwin died. 

You see, it's impossible for us ordinary people to be horrified/concerned with more than one death at a time, unless of course the deaths come in a big, easy-to-consume bulk, a la a massacre in the same place at the same time, where the event can be brushed away with a simple "my condolences to the family" without having to go into more detail, helpfully as no more details are available. 

Spread it out to acknowledgements of both tragedies: "I'm horrified by this event" and "I'm shocked, I'm a fan of her music", and you accidentally imply that you are attributing half of your sympathies to each, when the number of people is vastly different, and this leads to the assumption that you are equating a celebrity's death with that of 85 victims in Norway. 

What you need to do therefore is to repeat the former 85 times, in order to achieve a more even spreading of the horror you feel. 
As we all know, it is impossible to care about more than one tragedy at a time, however big or small, unless you express both directly at the time of mentioning the other. 

Or I could say: Shut up, Milsap. Stop assuming that you're the only one with sense of what is moral and right and good and true, and are put on this earth specifically to remind us how foolish and narrow-minded we are. A tragedy is not an excuse to get on your high horse. 

Also, the internet connection at this place is awful and is annoying me even more than the screaming children and arguments which I am currently enjoying. How did we survive before WiFi? I expect that we had to go outside. Ghastly thought. 

And I'm in a bad mood in general. It may be a wee bit noticeable. 

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 17:53 by Mr. Dalliard »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Matty Cahill

« Reply #3039 on: July 24, 2011, 14:06 »

You're looking too much into it; I mean I do agree that there should be more attention put towards the Oslo incident but it doesn't mean that the celebrity life is more "valued" per say. It's just more known so of course it's going to be a bigger story to cover. That's the media for you though; it's really all their fault. You can't blame people.

There are a few things that are annoying me. I guess one that I'll post is my constant tiredness... I managed to get alright sleep last night but still, it's not really consistent enough. Oh, and Student Finance always seems to be annoying me these days.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: July 24, 2011, 17:03 »
snip 

why are you able to word things better than me even when in a bad mood
don't tell simone but i'm marrying you too xoxo

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: July 24, 2011, 17:05 »
a series of generally depressing and distressing dreams last night/this morning which means i've woken up in a rather rotten mood tbqh
you know those utterly knackering dreams which are basically like treacle and you end up mentally exhausted by the end of them

one part was this sort of really long complicated experiment task thing we had to do and it was like having a constant 6 hour lab

and for some reason i was being more or less blanked or ditched for others by people i knew which was a bit annoying to say the least
managed to somehow accidentally wipe someone's tumblr cos my computer broke and somehow it deleted their tumblr as a knock-on effect for some stupid reason?? not sure how
was dreading how i was going to tell him how i was going to recreate the damask/gatiss background

also there was lots of glass smashing in one bit and i mean i have got a lot better since but one of my most hated sounds is glass breaking
when i was little
it used to give me the trembles something awful for quite a few minutes afterwards

also this is more a whining point than anything else but i spent most of last night clicking through the online users list on gpx+ to get these lousy cherrim eggs to hatch faster
think i ended up doing about 3000 interactions with like at least 500 users
check back this morning to see who's clicked back
none of them
just the ones on my palpad
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

don't tell simone but i'm marrying you too xoxo

why don't we just have the orgy equivalent of a marriage ceremony
is that the right way round? not sure

i mean we all like scarves so its all good

you two can be the grooms i will be the bride
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 17:10 by xhanatos »
           

spritey

« Reply #3042 on: July 25, 2011, 03:05 »
No one plays Soul Silver anymore. It's better than Black or White.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: July 25, 2011, 03:20 »
I can't sleep!

Matty Cahill

« Reply #3044 on: July 25, 2011, 11:51 »
I feel really rough this morning and I found out that there will be a WTT tour... In America only as it stands. I really want it to come to Europe. At least we now have a confirmed release date (two weeks today) ^^;