Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 532479 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #4545 on: August 13, 2012, 03:07 »
im not so sure its annoying me  more than just making me laugh in second-hand frustration (???? idk some sort of "confused secondf hand annoyance" emotion) tbh

like last year in the chemistry dept in my uni they were all "now because we have a "poor year" where the higher uni tuition fee doesn't hit the uni chequebooks until next year, we're having to work on a shoestring budget so we all need to cut down on the handouts this year only so cherish this with your life cos it's the only one" and like we'd get half inch thick bound booklets with cellophane covers basically showcasing what would have fit on like 5 pages and enough left over for 30 people and its like ok so this saving money how exactly
and god forbid we actually ask for another copy they like legitimately sent back smug emails all "i told you at the beginning we only were to have one per person"

like what with loads of people not applying this year they're probably going to be all addressing this sort of 40 people spread out over 200 seats all "now since our budget shrunk further we're reducing even further the number of handouts" and they open the door and this truck just like reverses into the lecture hall and just tips like 10,000 lecture handouts like all swamping the lecturer and everyone in the first and second row "only take one!!!!" comes the lecturer's disembodied voice from underneath the sea of paper

additionally i go into minor cold panic whenever i think of thermodynamics just because of the surreal atmosphere of our thermodynamics lecturer for the first year and how vaguely nightmarish my mind seems to recall it

he was this bored drony shouty wiganer who couldn't modulate his voice between SHOUTING and MORE SHOUTING and he just sounded like this was the 50th time he had to go through this lecture it made everyone feel like idiots

every slide was crammed so intensely dense with really confusing terminology and symbols that we didn't have a clue about and he kept on going on about pringles and how pringles are like thermodynamics cos "Vd∫dx+∂∂dxd+p(ln/nrt)³" and and nothing made sense and it was like i wandered onto the set of a david lynch film about the gluttony of america this was legitimately distressing to endure twice a week

and he never explained anything at all and i looked in the book and it made even less sense and like our tutors would more or less speak in tongues when it came to thermodynamics instead of using simple english and no-one bothered explaining ANYTHING and ughhhhhhhhhh

Looking at stuff in the past; at the time it seemed fine but in retrospect it's really annoying me which is leading to more regrets which again annoys me further. Oh dear.

I need a rant book or something. I think that could help.

please dont tell me its "yes hello friend from middle school are you aware of the thirteenth day in march 1992 when i said something vaguely stupid what do you mean you don't remember" you do realise when you get to A Point In Life you just have to drop a lot of this baggage cos its devalued so much you're not going to get ANYTHING for it at all
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:10 by I been uot with Nichola Parsons »
           

OVOxo

« Reply #4546 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04 »
It's nothing like that wow

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25 »
you missed the point but ok
           

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #4548 on: August 14, 2012, 23:51 »
People on TV and the general public who use the word 'literally' in the wrong context.

"They're quite literally blowing the roof off this place"

No they're not, Denise Lewis. Firstly, there isn't a roof. And secondly, smuggling PE4 into the Olympic Stadium is against the law and will have you done for terrorism.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: August 16, 2012, 00:10 »
 College starts again at some point soon. I don't know when like, I got to enroll again on the 20th or something, then I have to re-do my maths exam. I love my current course though and I hope we don't get split up or anything. I also have EMA to look forward to.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: August 17, 2012, 14:39 »
Bloody laptop I spent a small fortune on doesn't play games properly, having to send it back so the morons that supposedly have 2 sessions of testing on it before it's dispatched can get it working. Might have to pay more for a faster hard drive.

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: August 18, 2012, 13:15 »
College starts again at some point soon. I don't know when like, I got to enroll again on the 20th or something, then I have to re-do my maths exam. I love my current course though and I hope we don't get split up or anything. I also have EMA to look forward to.

I think it's the 24th I'm going down to re-enroll when my brother gets his GCSE results.
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

OVOxo

« Reply #4552 on: August 18, 2012, 13:51 »
Can't remember my Paddy Power password and the 'Lost Password' service is taking forever so it seems I may not be able to place my bets in time =/

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #4553 on: August 18, 2012, 19:43 »
Might have to pay more for a faster hard drive.

Not really the hard drive that it's dependent on. RAM, your GPU (graphics card) and the processing power of the computer itself are what games are dependent on.

Laptop onboard graphics cards aren't as powerful as those you can buy aftermarket for desktops, they are still primitive even by today's standards and are built into the motherboard. As many high powered GPUs have onboard fans for cooling as they run so hot, getting one in a laptop is impossible due to the space constraints.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #4554 on: August 18, 2012, 22:55 »
I brushed my hand against some jaggy nettles coming home from work and omg I think it'll need to be amputated.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: August 18, 2012, 23:10 »
Not really the hard drive that it's dependent on. RAM, your GPU (graphics card) and the processing power of the computer itself are what games are dependent on.

Laptop onboard graphics cards aren't as powerful as those you can buy aftermarket for desktops, they are still primitive even by today's standards and are built into the motherboard. As many high powered GPUs have onboard fans for cooling as they run so hot, getting one in a laptop is impossible due to the space constraints.
Well the graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, and the processor is an i5, both much better than my current one. I don't get constant half second freezes when new icons/models/soundclips load on that, so something is clearly amiss.

And nettles are the spawn of satan.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: August 18, 2012, 23:18 »
Impossibly muggy. This is not good sleeping weather. :[

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: August 19, 2012, 04:12 »
Well the graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, and the processor is an i5, both much better than my current one. I don't get constant half second freezes when new icons/models/soundclips load on that, so something is clearly amiss.

And nettles are the spawn of satan.

milsap's lying cos he wants you to buy his own-branded computer components

just stick a screwdriver where the fan vent is and you'll dislodge what we call in the computer business as "fandy floss" its basically like candy floss made out of dust which is whipped up by your cooling fans and it slows the microchips right down

alternatively are you trying to play the modern day equivalent of Crysis on the laptop at max settings or what
           

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: August 19, 2012, 23:36 »
Why do holidays pass so quickly? I spend all this time saving money up and working hard, then I blink and I'm sat back on the plane to come home. ;;

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: August 22, 2012, 22:50 »
Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool is closed. :'[
I have loads of their PS1 games, shame once they were bought up they weren't allowed to make anything outside of their core franchises. I wanted Overboard 2 and more G-Police! >.<