Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 532499 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #4725 on: November 09, 2012, 16:52 »
no more physical labs please........i hate them so much..............................
(if you're thinking about energetic laboradors and thinking of replying saying that you think physical labs is energetic laboradors isn't that funny xhanatos??? well you're not funny think of something else for once)
i'm clinically Educationally Slow and they're asking me to do the one thing i really hate which is take the cats cradle that is maths and make the soldiers bed
except with one set of hands that are encased in globes of beeswax and they're just yelling at you to do this cats cradle and you'rel ike i cant my hands are globes of beeswax is this a really bad dream whats going on

if that metaphor lost you there well done now you know what post laboratory work is like at a top uni

basically they let you into chemistry with a rubbish maths grade or no sixth form maths which is an utterly terrible idea in retrospect cos once you hit quantum chemistry or thermodynamics you dont know what the hell is going on and the """catch up maths class"""" was just bewildering and carried out by people who teach as if they drew the short straw that morning

then it gets to the postlab and its like "you know the stuff you looked at to prepare for this lab well prepare for a bunch of irrelevant questions" and this weird version of manipulating data that you're sure only the really obscure oxford lecturers (who died and turned into ghosts without realising it) use and its like latin its like why is this still a think we make people do occasionally

this is the trouble with going to a Good Uni folks its that some of them are too hopped up on being a nationally Quite Good university and their totally valuable research that feeds the department loads of cash and they kind of forget to do the bit of their job where they teach in a way that isn't so "i want to go to the pub i cba"

all you under 18s (90% of the forum) think about this when you sign the dotted line for Warwick or York 
be prepared to basically do a lot of the work yourself cos the lecutrers are too busy with £ signs in their eyes to make lectures that aren't just them talking about their wonderful wonderful research

having said that i am done with physical labs so im not sure why im moaning about them now of all times

you know those people in life that are only bearable in small doses once in a while? there's a guy in my class like that and he's actually so annoying. he does literally nothing and when he does he draws terrible anime/manga. He's always 'right' and knows what to do and he gives out terrible advice. He also thinks he's the goddamn king because he can use photoshop and draw with the pen tool. medal for you then!!!!
ugh

wow its childhood me
the hopeless anime wappo that is

i thought i was the queen of photoshop cos i made a bunch of people on a sort of weird forum half inhabited by proto-Encyclopedia Dramatica people* a bunch of signatures in photoshop and they liked them hahaha oh my god what a bunch of losers what where they thinking
what was i thinking
i deserved to get my spinoff boards hacked at 14 y.o. by them lmao i was so lame and proto-aspergers it hurts

how could anyone like doing a bunch of random filters on pictures and Generate > Clouds and putting their username in a stupid """""""""fancy""""""""" font
oh i learnt how to put this cool metal text effect from spoono.com isnt this just the ticket for success

it got worse when i became a moderator and admin of a few of the forums cos then you start to think you carry the authority outside life but then no-one really cares because you're some mod on some forum you're still a fat loser with an entitlement complex in real actual life and you know it which is why you vent your aggression on people on your forum this is the secret to all terrible mods on forums everywhere btw cos i was one of them

i mean it was a weird teenage life lesson to learn but thank god it happened hahaahah cos it made me the cool cat i am today

but yeah on behalf of all annoying nerds with superioity/entitlement complexes i apologise for this guy

whoops this was a huge post haha smoke weed

*(you know the sorts who think everything is """"gay""""" and """""jew""""" and they're all vaguely White Power and listen to crappy metal and white power sentiment is still really funny shock tactics except its not but you can't tell them this cos they might find your embarassing fanfic page and ruin your ""internet reputation""" whatever that is)
           

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: November 09, 2012, 17:26 »
Did a load of HTML. Went to test it and none of my div tags were working. It's taken twenty minutes to realise that I'd misspelled the name of my CSS file.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: November 09, 2012, 21:12 »
Did a load of HTML. Went to test it and none of my div tags were working. It's taken twenty minutes to realise that I'd misspelled the name of my CSS file.

welcome to the tempermental box of matches that is CSS

if being one pixel out and not realising it and the whole page disappearing doesnt deter you then there's always the "do just one thing wrong with it or use stuff that should make perfect sense and before you know it a bunch of people on internet explorer 7 are complaining because the website ends up breaking completely cos ie7 declares values the wrong way cos the developers thought it'd be a good idea to selectively follow new CSS protocol ughhhhhh"

programming is a labour of love i tell ya what bobby
           

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: November 09, 2012, 22:19 »
1. My internet has decided to not work that well, same with my xbox live, it says the internet can't connect to xbox live.

2. My new(ish) shoes have massive gashes in the soles, it felt like I was walking with buckets of water replacing my shoes all day today.

3. My careers meeting is on Monday, I'm going to have to tell the woman how I would want to become a vicar and hopefully this will happen in 5 years, which is scary. I'm only haing this meeting because the whole class found it hilarious and she thought I was taking the mick. I've got a good idea on how I want to get there too, I want to come back for two more years then do a three year course that apparently gives you a placement as a vicar and apparently a lot of the students are older.

4. This three year college course isn't local.

5. Doing Halo 4 on legendary.

6. A girl had a crush on me apparently, looked back at our Facebook convo, I have reason to beleive that I missed every dang sign and I was still an ass and I think she still forgave me for everything I did.

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: November 11, 2012, 01:20 »
So now the work night out is a distant (sort of) memory I've remembered my only real friends are two distant people in different parts of the country I haven't even seen for 18 months and only occasionally talk to online. Of course when we do talk they'll go on and on about their parties, dates and casual cuddling before spending another hour going on and on about how they have no friends and how lonely they and how sorry I should feel for them.   :/

Meh. What happened to that person I used to see in London two or three times a year? Maybe I can get back in touch some how...
My ex-boyfriend that I haven't even seen in like nearly a decade and have barely spoken to in that time has suddenly asked me what I think about the whole Scottish independence thing

whit?????
...that's perfect! :D

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: November 11, 2012, 03:03 »
your first mistake was assuming "work night outs" are anything but the worst thing ever

i spend a hell with these people i dont want to get to know them
half of them shaft me over on a regular basis i frickin hate them what do we even havei n common apart from working at the same store

its even worse when the managers come too and the power dynamic is ridiculous and it feels like a school trip and the kids realising being inside school gives the teacher their secret powers and they all act up cos they know the teacher will look incompetent in public if they act up in public and at that age you just want to prove you're better than a teacher

btw the highlight of my school trips was using the pot noodle vending machine thats about it this is the life i have liven i am living on the wild side..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:06 by well then we'll have a tonic water party »
           

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4731 on: November 11, 2012, 10:31 »
5 hours sleep...  I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't been woken up at 4.30 the night before too.... Oy..
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: November 11, 2012, 16:57 »
I'm still feeling really lethargic, this bout of illness I've recently had really did knock me for ten. I'm just not as 'fresh', as lively or energetic when I'm running. I should be at an average of eight minutes per mile at a jogging pace, but I'm really struggling to get down to that and find myself at nine minutes per mile. I also feel like I've dropped a ton off of my arms.. they look so tiny =[

your first mistake was assuming "work night outs" are anything but the worst thing ever

i spend a hell with these people i dont want to get to know them
half of them shaft me over on a regular basis i frickin hate them what do we even havei n common apart from working at the same store

Amen!

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4733 on: November 11, 2012, 20:40 »
i have absolutely had it with this group of girls in school

my best friend saw they were b***hing/whinging about me and my relationship with my boyfriend on twitter, and then on friday when we were sat in the school lunchbox, completely ignoring them, as you would do if people annoy you, they decide "aw yeah let's throw something at lauren" because something hit my leg

so, being sensible, i ignored it but popped to the toilet to make sure nothing was on my leg. i get back to see owen (my boyfriend) turning around having a stern talk to them, telling them to leave me alone because he doesn't like how they're treating me. they think this is ~*~*~INCREDIBLY FUNNY LOL~*~*~ and proceed to throw more insults at us. eventually, we get annoyed enough that we leave, not before i (immaturely) tell the ringleader to shut the --- up. she went "ooh yeah i'm so scared" and i nearly smacked her in the face

so we go to the other school building as it's split into two sites as it started as two schools. my best friend, who saw the comments on twitter, comes over and she's crying because of what the ringleader said on twitter (along the lines of "written any songs about us lately, creepy stalker?" (my best friend had a crush on the guy the ringleader is dating, and ringleader only started dating him after my best friend told her friends (before i went to whitby) because ringleader is a horrible evil witch))

i then proceed to get SO DAMN FRUSTRATED i nearly run over to the other building to beat the ever-living crap out of her. i was so close and two teachers walked past to ask me what i was so angry about. i explain, attempting to stay calm but getting very riled up. i end up making a complete freaking ass out of myself by attempting to loosen my frustration by stamping the floor (i'm 19. i should not be doing these things).

and now i just give up with everything and i swear if she says anything to me, my mates or owen i will murder her.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: November 11, 2012, 21:27 »
^ =[ don't let your temper get the better of you, chicken, it'll land you in a lot more trouble than them. But that does suck.

all you under 18s (90% of the forum) think about this when you sign the dotted line for Warwick or York 
be prepared to basically do a lot of the work yourself cos the lecutrers are too busy with £ signs in their eyes to make lectures that aren't just them talking about their wonderful wonderful research

I second this! I mean I love York to bits but that's mostly cause of the place, it would be really awesome to be actually like.. taught.. once in a while.

But you can't voice this because they just bring up the whole "Well you're students now, we won't spoonfeed you, blah blah pampered kids think they're entitled to something" well to be frank, most of us aren't overly happy with the fact we're basically paying £9k to be allowed to sit some exams at the end of the year!

idk it just bothers me that as a Bright Student you're encouraged to go to Good Universities and nobody ever really seriously considers you going to a poly, but you probably actually get a better education at a poly!

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #4735 on: November 11, 2012, 22:37 »
Certain people being a never ending source of disappointment and frustration. Sigh.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: November 12, 2012, 01:15 »
 Gym tomorrow and I don't know what to wear! Haha weirdest problem ever but I want to do another 2 1/2 hour work out and beat my 1249 calorie record. Damn, this competition thing aint healthy is it?

Also, might start making my own lunches for college, freaking cucumber and lettuice sarnies, just gotta go out and buy them tomorrow.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #4737 on: November 12, 2012, 18:10 »
Well my stupid idiot bf has just gone and gotten himself sacked from his new job for LYING ON HIS APPLICATION. And now he expects sympathy and I'm just like "eh naw". It's about time karma caught up with him and his bullcrap tbh.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #4738 on: November 13, 2012, 22:06 »
idk it just bothers me that as a Bright Student you're encouraged to go to Good Universities and nobody ever really seriously considers you going to a poly, but you probably actually get a better education at a poly!

I was a very bright student, yet I went to Wolverhampton!  :laugh:

Facilities there are excellent. Hell, the desk I record with for my dissertation cost £50k and the speakers cos £10k... Each... And there's five of them...

The thing with universities though is that they tell you what you have to do and then tell you to get on with it ie- Do your own research. The lectures are just there to sort of get you started. That's how it works. It's not like school where they tell you what to think instead of how to think.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: November 14, 2012, 11:45 »
The thing with universities though is that they tell you what you have to do and then tell you to get on with it ie- Do your own research. The lectures are just there to sort of get you started. That's how it works. It's not like school where they tell you what to think instead of how to think.

have you ever done a 4 year chemistry degree as a dyslexic then milsap have you please tell us about it