Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 532486 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #5655 on: November 25, 2013, 21:26 »
^about 37 i think. im all fahrenheit too, most of the site isnt though, so i save them the trouble of converting it haha

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: November 26, 2013, 01:00 »
I'm guessing you live in New England. Not me.
Thought of something else. People complain about not having any money for food or bills, yet they turn around to buy the newest game system or apple product.

Going with this
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: November 26, 2013, 05:56 »
Anyways, thought of something else. People complain about not having any money for food or bills, yet they turn around to buy the newest game system or apple product.

this is such a dumb mindset.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: November 26, 2013, 07:21 »
this is such a dumb mindset.

How so? All he's saying is that people should prioritise life over a virtual life in games - I fail to see how that's dumb
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: November 26, 2013, 07:27 »
^I think that was meant to be read as the people who do that have a dumb mindset.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: November 26, 2013, 11:18 »
^That would make sense.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: November 26, 2013, 14:24 »
no.

the internet is a necessity, computers are too, buying a well functioning computer is common sense and can be used to do things like commissions or programming or other computer related jobs. if they wanna buy consoles then they can? theres nothing saying that people without money cant buy things to make themselves feel better every once in a while. some people save up for ages doing work to buy things to cheer themselves up and get through life easier. ipods can basically be used as phones with the right apps and a wi fi connection, it saves money to buy a new itouch than pay out £££ for a phone really.

also some people receive these items as gifts from family members.

i spent months saving up for my ipod touch and ds and my dad ended up chipping in for the last of the itouch money because he knew it meant a lot to me. some people have family willing to do that too.

you dont know peoples situations. just because it looks like theyre splurging when they could be paying bills, theyre probably paying bills and allowing themselves to buy nice things for themselves or stuff that will help them pay those bills.

dont be a dick and make assumptions.

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: November 26, 2013, 17:41 »
theres nothing saying that people without money cant buy things to make themselves

You try walking into a shop and asking if you can buy something without money. It will not end well.

also some people receive these items as gifts from family members.

All SB was saying was that people who can't pay bills (not struggle to - actually can't) should try to pay these debts before buying these gifts. If they're family, which you mentioned later help, they'll understand if they can't buy them the greatest Christmas presents or whatever.

you dont know peoples situations. just because it looks like theyre splurging when they could be paying bills, theyre probably paying bills and allowing themselves to buy nice things for themselves or stuff that will help them pay those bills.

If they're paying bills then they don't fit in:
not having any money for food or bills
At all, and so that point doesn't really fit in. That's people who can only just pay their bills and pull together the little scraps of money they have left over to buy a new game or something, that's not the same as spending the money that should have been spent on repaying debtors.

dont be a dick and make assumptions.
Sorry, it's my name.

It's not an assumption. People who can't (the bit you seem to be forgetting is can't, not struggle to) pay their bills shouldn't be prioritising buying other things. Spend as much as you like of that spare money - but your debts should always come first (if only because interest will make the debt harder and harder to pay).

But, before this topic goes too far off topic:
The schools technicians who can't seem to get colours right. Green is not a substitute for pink >_>
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: November 26, 2013, 17:59 »
You try walking into a shop and asking if you can buy something without money. It will not end well.

i stopped reading here bc i knew the rest of this reply was gonna be some amount of dumb im sure you made points u found valid

i ate a curry then drank jack and coke now im sitting here with the worst stomach ache ever, why did i do this

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: November 26, 2013, 18:05 »
unexpected bills, anyone? 
even if you budget perfectly and finally buy yourself the game console you really wanted, or treat yourself to something, then sod's law dictates that you're going to have a burst pipe or the car will break down or a paperwork screw-up will mean that you get a late fine on a bill or something. 
things don't work perfectly. 

logically speaking, "prioritise buying food/paying bills" makes sense, but people aren't machines. and by that, i don't mean "people are too stupid to be logical", i mean that people need things aside from food and water and heating. it's much more difficult to explain to people or children that you can't buy things than it is to actually not do it. you don't want people pitying you and you don't want to feel like you're letting them down even if they say they're ok with things. 

also, games, internet, computers, tablets, phones... they're fun things to have. they fill time. 
if you only buy the things that you NEED to survive, like bills or whatever, then there are fewer ways to spend your free time. boredom brings people down, regardless of whether they're rich or poor or well off or whatever, it's not like only rich people have use for smartphones or television or internet. 
we're living in a world of technology, and suddenly going "right, no technology for me any more, i have more important things to buy" is a hell of a lot easier to say than to do. 

obviously there's a difference between that and "i will buy ALL TECHNOLOGY", but that's not.. what people do. 

anyway yeah this is why those loan companies with 5000% interest rates manage to get business, taking advantage of people who are short on money instead of everyone "being sensible". it's not an isolated phenomenon that only stupid people do who can't know better. it's how things are, how anyone is. 

like how people might eat cheaper food/not take the bus for a while in order to save up and afford something nice like a holiday or a console, instead of using that saved money as a nest egg to pay unexpected bills. the latter is rarely done, even if an outsider would consider it to be more sensible. 

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 18:10 by Sebastian Moran »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: November 26, 2013, 18:20 »
also, games, internet, computers, tablets, phones... they're fun things to have. they fill time. 
if you only buy the things that you NEED to survive, like bills or whatever, then there are fewer ways to spend your free time.

It's not being said that you should only buy things that you need though - it's basically a case of "This bill will be cheaper if I pay it this month - if I leave it a month I won't be able to afford it, but if I don't but this game this month I'll still be able to live - not as well - but it's only a month" (or week - depends how often you pay the bill or whatever)

Unexpected bills is true - they do exist - but I think the original statement was made in general. And remember it's not saying "Everyone who is even slightly poor at all is not allowed any technology" - that'd soon empty the country if it were law. It's saying people who are earning say £100 a week and have £90 a week in outgoings such as bills who spend £70 in the first week on a console (it's a cheapish console, okay? xD) instead of saving that £10 across the 7 weeks in order to avoid debt.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: November 26, 2013, 18:44 »
  I don't think I'll get involved in the debate  :nowink:

Yep, I processed my film so I could develope the pictures (I'm ruddy loving photography) and I'm sat there in class when the lecturer comes in and shouts at us for being behind in our assessment.

So now it's bugging me because I don't know if I'm in trouble. Like... I'll happily lend people my film camera so they don't fall behind but only if they buy their own film.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5667 on: November 26, 2013, 19:27 »
I don't like debates where everyone writes huge paragraphs to each other constantly.......

Also, the last day for handing in money for the London trip (which I mentioned on 'what's making you happy right now') is tomorrow. There are 6 spaces to fill and if they aren't filled the trip gets canceled.

You see my problem?

IF I DO NOT GO TO THE HARRY POTTER STUDIOS TOUR I THINK I WILL ACTUALLY DIE.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: November 26, 2013, 21:52 »
Also, the last day for handing in money for the London trip (which I mentioned on 'what's making you happy right now') is tomorrow. There are 6 spaces to fill and if they aren't filled the trip gets canceled.

You see my problem?

IF I DO NOT GO TO THE HARRY POTTER STUDIOS TOUR I THINK I WILL ACTUALLY DIE.

Well, if my family lived nearby, had the money, and my bro and I were to go to said school, 2 spots would be filled.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5669 on: November 27, 2013, 01:25 »
my flatmates have brought people around again hahahahah ◉‿◉