Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 532497 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #6225 on: March 21, 2014, 21:04 »
 My shiggly is too diggly and I can't shiggle what can't be diggled. I think I can hear my brother playing a flappy birds game in the room next door.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: March 21, 2014, 21:25 »
My shiggly is too diggly and I can't shiggle what can't be diggled.
i know what you mean
i feel for you
itll be okAY

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: March 21, 2014, 22:10 »
Fat shaming and skinny shaming actually exist. Jesus, Tumblr finds something to be defensive about no matter what, eh?

seriously?? you're feeling annoyed because people don't like it when people make offensive comments and negative connotations about their body shapes?

that's not being defensive, that's being pretty reasonable.
sorry for being aggressive i guess?

thanks gl <3

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: March 21, 2014, 22:42 »
 Nah, it was just bugging me how a lot of people on Tumblr feel like they need to make a massive deal of it  :mellow: the Tumblr community, as a whole, annoys me. A lot of the people there, adopt a different persona in order to gain popularity... I've got a friend who does it and I know of two other people who are the same... I should have gone on to say about the community rather than just implying that it was the community. Then again, Tumblr has a large community, so a lot of the posts regarding fat shaming and skinny shaming would have been made by people who have actually suffered from it.

What bugged me was that I presumed that a lot of the people posting were just doing it for followers, rather than having sincere motives behind their actions. Sorry for the long post, but I realised that I must have come off as an absolute asshat and it should have been further explained.

I've just cracked the Augustinian Theodicy. Evil exists where there is a privation of goodness and that we all inherited Adam's original sin. Now... now I have to go through a lesson on something I already know...

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: March 22, 2014, 00:41 »
fat/thin shaming is a thing that happens but also tumblr is just the worst at getting anything done about it because everyone there is so lazy so its no surprise people are just baffled at it lmao
"actually get involved in my local LGBT scene instead of just hitting the reblog button on a popular post? well, no, i can't because, the spoons, and also my anxiety, you are tone policiing me, i am very busy being a full time teenager, and another thing,"
           

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: March 22, 2014, 01:29 »
"actually get involved in my local LGBT scene instead of just hitting the reblog button on a popular post? well, no, i can't because, the spoons, and also my anxiety, you are tone policiing me, i am very busy being a full time teenager, and another thing,"
this is the most accurate statement ive ever seen

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: March 22, 2014, 08:31 »
What bugged me was that I presumed that a lot of the people posting were just doing it for followers, rather than having sincere motives behind their actions. Sorry for the long post, but I realised that I must have come off as an absolute asshat and it should have been further explained.

ah okay! no worries - sorry for getting cross ^^;

but yeah idk about the lgbt+ thing because on one hand there are people who are genuinely lazy but then on the other hand there are people who would be putting themselves in potentially dangerous or uncomfortable situations if they were to actively get involved.

unless they're allies lol allies'll probably get defended or shepherded by the masses no matter what they do and this brings us straight back around to umbreon's point about people just doing stuff for followers and brownie points
sorry again i guess esp. if you're a reasonable ally but i've seen so much bs from some that i don't have much faith in them sorry again

thanks gl <3

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: March 23, 2014, 23:02 »
You know how writing down everything you need to do in a nice big list feels like things are getting done? It doesn't last long. :c

So another big ol' list of things to do for work and once again not given time to do them. Can't wait to finish getting a couple of extra modalities under my belt, then I can run away to another hospital. Not sure nuclear med is going to happen due to time constraints but I know MRI so if I can get some time actually using the machine that might be handy.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: March 23, 2014, 23:14 »
 This sociology revision hasn't been done and the little test is tomorrow. It's only a 15 mark question, but I'm not even sure on the question  :laugh: .... I'll have a look through my file, and my notes, and see what I can find out. I know it's on cohabitation, but I don't know if it's "explain the increase in cohabitation" or what.

EDIT: Actually, I've just found some solid statistics for an increase in cohabitation and I've pretty much guaranteed myself, at least, a D just from doing and introduction and covering my first point. I'm pretty sure that I could reach a B, or at least an A, if I could come up with a second point for an increase in cohabitation. I'm looking at wedding costs, and as much as I would like to use it, I wouldn't be able to merge this with the increase in poverty due brought on by the recession because the statistics that I would have to remember would be coming through my nose.

Might have to say how gay marriage has only just become legalised and try and say that even though homosexuality had been legalised, the stigma from the older generations still pressured people into cohabiting? Fuuuuuddddggeeee my brain is fried  :laugh: Was going to absolutely batter this question and now I'm stuck.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 00:29 by umbreon#100 »

Wolstenholme

« Reply #6234 on: March 24, 2014, 11:41 »
I have had the morning from hell.

I woke up 10 minutes late and so had to rush my shower only to dry my hair and find that I had not conditioned it properly so now it's kinda sticky.
Last night I finished my CV because we were told we had to bring one for today but I didn't get to print it and here's why:
I had planned to get to p16 early and print it but I would have been late setting off so I asked Mum if she could give me a life but we only remembered as we were about to set off (10 minutes before p16 starts) when we remembered that some idiot had hit my Dad's car on Friday night so my Dad had used it to get to work... my Mum didn't have a car and I had 10 minutes to get to p16. Bear in mind that I live between 20 and 30 minutes away so I basically ran as far as I could in the direction of p16 only to fall down and have to limp (yeah, it was that bad) the rest of the way to p16. Upon arriving 20 minutes late I entered my history classroom to see my mock exam paper on the desk, marked at a U... I have been put on special measures. I thought that history was like, one of the things I could actually do but apparently not, this means I have only one subject in which I am meeting my target grade frequently.
I got a bit of a telling off for not having a CV

today so far has just been so horrible I have burst into tears at least 6 times. So far.

EDIT: I did come up with a back up plan for if life fails, though.

If I don't pass everything etc. I'm going to become a nun.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: March 24, 2014, 16:02 »
i talked about social justice stuff on tumblr and remembered why i never do oh my god

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: March 24, 2014, 17:32 »
 Hopefully the day has given you its worst already, Chloe ^.^ Things will brighten up!

I was going to go up to North Wales and become a priest if things hit the fan  :laugh:

There was a husky on the field and it didn't have an owner. I watched it for a while thinking that someone would come and call it, but nobody did. I followed it down the street, hoping that I could check its tag for a phone number but it ran away...

Wolstenholme

« Reply #6237 on: March 24, 2014, 17:45 »
Hopefully the day has given you its worst already, Chloe ^.^ Things will brighten up!
the bowl I was using for popcorn broke

nothing else now I hope.

thank you though :-)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: March 24, 2014, 21:09 »
I was doing an RP on showdown like Dungeons and Dragons. The dungeon master had no idea what to do, but tried really hard. Pretty much everyone complained, so I just quit because I was tired of their whining. It's not like they told this person what to do.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6239 on: March 24, 2014, 22:11 »
A few things:
My teacher expects me to shell out more money for a new portfolio case, one with rings on it. I have £30 to do me til Friday lol. Also she wants all my work on photo paper, even my trad stuff????
My friend isn't getting back to me, he's up cause he's still in town with his bf but no reply. All I want to know is if he's in tomorrow for the early bus, I'm gonna guess no. Wish he'd tell me tonight so I can change my alarm :|
Also the guys in my class are being all weird and secretive about something and they won't tell us what it is. Its like being in primary again,
"I've got something to tell you!"
"What??"
"Oh never mind LOL"

Cba with this now /cry