Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 279106 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1845 on: March 10, 2011, 04:09 »
Huh, seems a little later then usual, since there's usually a Dr Who ep over the Easter holiday, but oh well, maybe a little less time to wait for Season 6 part 2, haha.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Evil Deathclaw

• Fruity Pebble
  • Mulholland Fan
  • No 258 Mudkipz In The PKMN Crew
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQ's Pokemon Black/White Social
« Reply #1846 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29 »
Let the anticipation begin! Series 6 has been confirmed to start on the Saturday 23rd April. And good new for you American folk, as it will also be broadcast on BBC America on the same day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWizDna1XO4&feature=related

This is great news.
~TNAfan121~

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 25, 2011, 17:33 »
Excitement! Trailers. 

In case you haven't seen it on TV, there's a 15-second teaser here on the BBC site
Even better, there's now a two-minute prequel for Episode 1: the Impossible Astronaut.   

Look behind you~ 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

EMPIRE

« Reply #1848 on: March 25, 2011, 17:59 »
Even better, there's now a two-minute prequel for Episode 1: the Impossible Astronaut.   

Look behind you~ 

tasty!

mhmm i am very much looking forward to this series, looks like its going to be a good one with all the trailers we've seen so far (although what series hasn't been good so far?)

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 28, 2011, 19:53 »
I can't wait for the new series, especially as there are a lot of references to the older series... can anyone say Cybermats? My only wish is that either Amy Pond gets dropped or Matt Smith moves on. They're fine individually but I don't think they work that well as a team.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

EMPIRE

« Reply #1850 on: March 28, 2011, 22:45 »
i hear matt smiths been confirmed for the 7th season next year as well

=D

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 28, 2011, 22:55 »
I can't wait for the new series, especially as there are a lot of references to the older series... can anyone say Cybermats? My only wish is that either Amy Pond gets dropped or Matt Smith moves on. They're fine individually but I don't think they work that well as a team.

In that case I say kill Pond, shuttle Rory off to Torchwood.. Then give us a modern Nyssa and Adric tag team as new companions... You can even add in a Tegan Jovanka if you must.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 29, 2011, 17:45 »
Title for Neil Gaiman episode has been revealed
Yes, the same episode that may just excite those who have long been a fan of the show. 
[specifically I quote: "the brilliant Suranne Jones, playing someone who is beautiful, which Suranne already is, and who bites, which I do not believe she does, and who might just turn out to be an old acquaintance with a new face"] 

Er. Well, I don't know :v 
I'm the sort of age which means that I began watching in 2005. At this point one ought to say "and loved it so much that I watched the pre-2005 series and fell in love with it and all of the history and Five is my favourite", but the fact remains that I have only seen two "classic" serials: Earthshock and the City of Death. 
Which I liked, and I plan on watching more episodes when I get time, but its not priority and so I suppose I can't quite call myself a ~fan~ no matter how much I love the new series. 
Luckily I have enough Whovian-minded friends to bring me more or less up to speed on any impending allusions. 

Also, it's Neil Gaiman

And while we're blathering about the current companions: I do like Rory. I'm not sure about Amy. She unnerves/irritates me in turns. But hey, it's not like she's unbearable. 
Quite fond of Eleven, though Nine is still ~my Doctor~. 

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 20:35 by Mr. Dalliard »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 29, 2011, 23:56 »
My favourite Doctor has changed over the years, being nearly 30 I can remember watching repeats as a child and loved the action orientated John Pertwee... as I got a little older the pure flamboyance of Tom Baker took my breath.

Now I'm addicted to Paul McGann, the Eigth Doctor. Seriously people, if you've never listened to any of the audio adventures before, the Eight Doctor series that came out a couple of years ago is exceptional... you even notice a few phrases and nods to the current Doctor!
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 30, 2011, 00:27 »
never got round to any of the audio adventures, though i have quite a collection of eighth doctor adventure novels which I forgot about until reading the above post somehow 

huh 
david tennant and georgia moffett have had a daughter 
so that's the doctor and the doctor's daughter [who is actually the doctor's daughter] having a daughter who is the doctor's daughter. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

EMPIRE

« Reply #1855 on: March 30, 2011, 00:30 »
i've heard some of the audio adventures with no.8, only the ones with sheridan smith. they are actually pretty good, for a few nights in the summer i remember going to sleep with them on listening intently. got me in the mood to boot up itunes actually!

huh 
david tennant and georgia moffett have had a daughter 
so that's the doctor and the doctor's daughter [who is actually the doctor's daughter] having a daughter who is the doctor's daughter.

irony!

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 30, 2011, 00:37 »
I'm suprised I hadn't heard about Tennant's daughter! I have Tennant on my facebook...

Have Smith too... can't seem to block him!!! Get a haircut Smith!!

Oh and Captain, I love Sheridan Smith as an assistant... she SO needs to return in the current series!

EMPIRE

« Reply #1857 on: March 30, 2011, 00:43 »
i agree!

she was rather quiet funny from what i remember. well, i found her funny.

Offline Zavaron

• Iceduck Fan
  • Tell Me What Do You See?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 30, 2011, 01:12 »
Who can even choose such a thing as the best Doctor of all time D:
There all the best <3
For each actor brought something to the Doctor, which I love <3
(Hunger Games) Cinna:"Don't worry. I channel my emotions into my work. That way I don't hurt anyone but myself."

EMPIRE

« Reply #1859 on: March 30, 2011, 01:16 »
^ ofc but you must have a favorite at least? ;D