Author Topic: What's making you happy right now?  (Read 704312 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

OVOxo

Re: What's making you happy right now?
« Reply #6765 on: August 18, 2012, 13:52 »
^ Happy birthday =]

This season's Barclays Premier League is just more than an hour away from beginning. It's gonna be one helluva season =D

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: August 19, 2012, 13:34 »
Had a really good night out last night saw a few people I haven't seen for a while so it was good to have a catch up.
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: August 19, 2012, 22:33 »
Back in Britain! Didn't get any sunburn and only I only got 14.8 million insect bites. :]

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: August 20, 2012, 22:03 »
Finally have my accommodation booked, I managed to get one of the en suites too, yay!

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: August 21, 2012, 14:06 »
After hours of searching, I finally found my old GBA SP charger! Going to play the hell out of some red now.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #6771 on: August 21, 2012, 17:55 »
Finally have my accommodation booked, I managed to get one of the en suites too, yay!

Dunno why people get so determined to have an en suite. I lived in halls for two years and shared a shower and bog and it was fine. It was no different to living at home. And it was cheaper.

As for me, I'm happy that the football season has started and that it's now only 10 days until I move into my own place. This is good news because I will never have to live in South Lincs ever again
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

OVOxo

« Reply #6772 on: August 21, 2012, 18:46 »
Dunno why people get so determined to have an en suite.

I wanted ensuite when I applied but didn't get it; in a way I was very glad I didn't. In a way, sharing bathrooms brings people closer together... funny house moments in those bathrooms xD

I just beat Barcelona 4-0 on FM and they had 11 players on the pitch. I am in shock in a happy way.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: August 21, 2012, 22:49 »
hhahaha ive decided after years of being too stupid or not in the right doctrine to have to learn it
that i am basically going to have to learn a level/1st year undergrad levels of mathematics and ive opened paul monk's Maths For Chemists and already in the first few pages he's invoked a history museum and a dinosaur fossil in his example in
and its just so twee and delightful i love it when writers write like this you know they're constrained to the """"professional"""" angle of things but they still covertly play around with prose to drive the point home

theres this one other organic chemistry book by some one dude which seems to have also got this idea too

and its like thank you so much in the land of the academic you dont often find playful textbooks they're all drier and boring than the central dogmas of english literature at cambridge kind of thing and its like thank god not everyone in textbook land is like as if they were writing a letter to the queen to let her know that her corgi got run over or something

Dunno why people get so determined to have an en suite. I lived in halls for two years and shared a shower and bog and it was fine. It was no different to living at home. And it was cheaper.

its ok if you're the type of person who doesn't mind public toilets a whole lot but for other people its Quite A Thing
especially when That One Housemate (or if you're really unlucky, the rest of your congregation) comes home drunk and proceeds to puke all over the bathroom and crap himself and pass out and cos he still hasn't got the concept of "living away from home doesn't mean you're a rockstar trashing a hotel room" of uni accomodation
so he doesn't bother cleaning it up cos his autonomous response is to go to bed and his bedraggled mother/nanny usually cleans it up cos he still hasn't grasped the concept of "this is the real world my parents aren't around to wipe my butt" so he does just that and doesnt get up for days and you all have to clean up his vomit and its just i want my own bathroom please now please

and everyone is going "oh no but come on lighten up" and its like this is coming out of our deposit please try to be serious about it but because they're all living off their parents pursestrings they couldn't care and whoops there goes 300 or so quid you could have used, all cos the other people in the house like to "have a laff"

i am ok with people but not to the level that i want to share a toilet with them 3/4 of the year
           

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: August 22, 2012, 17:39 »
It's pissing down with rain, how I missed it. Damn sun and heat.

And I want an en suit because I can barely stomach finding one of my brothers hairs in the sink, with strangers I'd be a gibbering mess by the end of the first week.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: August 22, 2012, 17:51 »
its ok if you're the type of person who doesn't mind public toilets a whole lot but for other people its Quite A Thing
especially when That One Housemate (or if you're really unlucky, the rest of your congregation) comes home drunk and proceeds to puke all over the bathroom and crap himself and pass out and cos he still hasn't got the concept of "living away from home doesn't mean you're a rockstar trashing a hotel room" of uni accomodation
so he doesn't bother cleaning it up cos his autonomous response is to go to bed and his bedraggled mother/nanny usually cleans it up cos he still hasn't grasped the concept of "this is the real world my parents aren't around to wipe my butt" so he does just that and doesnt get up for days and you all have to clean up his vomit and its just i want my own bathroom please now please

and everyone is going "oh no but come on lighten up" and its like this is coming out of our deposit please try to be serious about it but because they're all living off their parents pursestrings they couldn't care and whoops there goes 300 or so quid you could have used, all cos the other people in the house like to "have a laff"

i am ok with people but not to the level that i want to share a toilet with them 3/4 of the year

Thank you.

I don't mind sharing toilets and showers with other people, I'm far from picky, but as long as I know they're going to somewhat treat it and others who use it with some consideration. Going into University I didn't know anybody, or have any idea of who I was going to be rooming with and thus, en-suite was the only option for me, especially where the example you've given above is oh so more frequent. At least when you move out, you know who you're moving out with and who you're sharing with won't treat it like a dump and that it's not their responsibility to help clean up.

(And considering I was the only one who actually cleaned our common room during those wonderful few months I stomached at University, I'd like to think my decision was justified, especially after seeing somebody else's - we pranked his room. there was nothing that wasn't buried under a few dozen layers of cling-film)

What's making me happy right about now? The thought that this holiday weight, which isn't actually all that bad, will be shifted on Sunday when I lose my mind and walk up Mt. Snowden..

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

OVOxo

« Reply #6776 on: August 22, 2012, 18:24 »
See, sure, I had the problems mentioned with non en-suite but considering everyone at some point would have caused it and looked out for each other it worked. Some of us ended up cleaning much more than others but it never led to problems because everyone respected and got on with each other enough to contribute in other ways. I guess I was very lucky to have a house that didn't argue and looked out for each other; whatever disagreements there were were discussed in a positive manner and were sorted quickly. I'm loving with most of the housemates I lived with last year plus a neighbour. So glad we had a sense of comradery over the first year =]

"living away from home doesn't mean you're a rockstar trashing a hotel room" of uni accomodation

See, first year for me was more 'rockstar trashing a hotel room but looking after it afterwards' =D

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: August 22, 2012, 20:34 »
I wouldn't have minded sharing bathrooms with people in my first year but the en suite rooms were bigger than the non-en suite ones. I'd rather have a bigger room with my own bathroom and pay an extra £20 a month than have a smaller room, a smaller kitchen and share one bathroom between 8 people. And I ended up with a load of amazing people by choosing to have an en suite room. Sharing a bathroom in a student house this year led to me cleaning it on my own every single time. Which included bleaching the mouldy walls. :|

Talking bathrooms seems to amuse me. Oh well, off to watch more Glee~

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

OVOxo

« Reply #6778 on: August 22, 2012, 20:51 »
Which included bleaching the mouldy walls. :|

Should have ventilated properly =]

I had two bathrooms between eight last year and this year I've got three between eight. Having one between eight would have been more troublesome I reckon =P

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #6779 on: August 23, 2012, 00:59 »
Three toilets and two showers between twelve in our block. Which was fine, the lads had one shower and the two girls had theirs.

I've just been made happy by This song. Fantastic groove, upbeat tempo and even though it is a Guns N Roses tune, sung by Izzy Stradlin and not Axl Rose.

Bliss.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel