Author Topic: What's making you happy right now?  (Read 704334 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
Re: What's making you happy right now?
« Reply #7440 on: April 14, 2013, 23:53 »
know the flat will be cheap and rubbish to start with, but my mum and step dad who is a builder and decorator said they would do it up until it looked perfect. I also get to have my mums old stuff as she buys new ones. I am happy with that! Woo.

Cheap!? Sorry to put a downer on things but once you put your electric, water, council tax, broadband and TV license on you'll quickly realise that it's not as 'cheap' as you first think. If my fiancee wasn't getting disability benefits then we'd have trouble running this place as I'm still a student.

Plus if you're renting, you won't be able to decorate or 'do up' the place unless you've got the landlord's expressed permission. Even if you're just putting a couple of nails in the walls for putting a picture frame up. For instance, we're not allowed to put blu-tac on the walls or change the carpet tiles in the kitchen, because it's someone else' property that we're renting.

Do you know how exciting it is to know your looking for a place that you can call your own?

It was the most stressful thing I'd ever done, in all honesty :P
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: April 14, 2013, 23:57 »
I've finally finished writing my dissertation. ;_____;
Never again will I let myself write 10,000 words on anything. I'll get this bugger bound tomorrow and hand it in on Wednesday, then the celebratory drinks can begin!

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: April 15, 2013, 01:11 »
Cheap!? Sorry to put a downer on things but once you put your electric, water, council tax, broadband and TV license on you'll quickly realise that it's not as 'cheap' as you first think. If my fiancee wasn't getting disability benefits then we'd have trouble running this place as I'm still a student.

Yes, compared to most prices in my area, I am saving around £200+ a month. I think that is a much better saving point. I have already found out about prices for all those and the rent put together in a month and it still comes to a good price. Something I can earn in a weeks work... Yes there is food on top of that, but once again I have a few weeks before that, and I have been saving up for this for a while now. So rent is taken care off for a while. Also I have a car to sell... I know there is a lot more to it, but prices are looking good so far...

Plus if you're renting, you won't be able to decorate or 'do up' the place unless you've got the landlord's expressed permission. Even if you're just putting a couple of nails in the walls for putting a picture frame up. For instance, we're not allowed to put blu-tac on the walls or change the carpet tiles in the kitchen, because it's someone else' property that we're renting.

Yes I know that part of the problem with renting. Before evening agreeing to move in, we'd make sure we are allowed to do somethings to it. Make sure everything is in working perfectly and yes filling in the crack and bumbs. The rest would be hanging things maybe, with the landlord permission of course. But I am sure with the right barginning it will be allowed.

As for you finding it stressful, I can understand that. I know I will be at times. But right now I am so excited. I dont have to move out, but I have been waiting for the last two years too. This is huge for me, and knowing I have my mums support in the best thing ever!
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7443 on: April 15, 2013, 14:12 »
Americandy just opened in inverness omg
I just spent £12 on some smore poptarts, an oreo brownie, cheetos and nerds.
cannot wait to go home and eat all of this <3

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #7444 on: April 15, 2013, 14:53 »
Kahlua is £12 in Tesco atm.. it's cheaper than Morgan's Spiced <3

Best post-gym discovery ever.
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: April 16, 2013, 11:05 »
The game show I'm putting on with some people from uni is happening tomorrow. And the tech rehearsal went really well. Students v Lecturers with me hosting. Can't wait to tear them apart :D
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: April 17, 2013, 22:16 »
Whoever invented banoffee cookie dough is a GOD.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: April 18, 2013, 10:43 »
The glorified pub quiz I was part of at the uni was a success and everyone had fun. I should be a TV presenter >.<
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7448 on: April 18, 2013, 11:59 »
Decided to apply for the HNC childcare course and then afterwards apply for primary teaching. I've come to realise that as much as I love art I can't see myself making money from it/having a career? I'll always do it as a hobby and I guess if this plan goes to pot it'll be my fallback. I've just not enjoyed this course maybe my expectations were too high or so something!
Hopefully I won't need to do maths because my numeracy counts for something! Going to take higher Gaelic too so hopefully if I pass art and get a B I'll have solid BBBB!

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: April 18, 2013, 18:10 »
i made a cronus rp blog like last week and its just been so much fun like

today were trying to get pokemon and i asked for them and got all these cool pokemon

and my friend rping meenah is just yelling about it and shes just so mad its just really funny

like idk this weeks just been really fun i didnt think id be into this but ive made some really cool friends omg

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: April 18, 2013, 21:41 »
Hopefully I won't need to do maths because my numeracy counts for something!

I know you definitely do for a secondary PGCE. Not sure about primary.

But don't you need a degree do be able to apply for teacher training?
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: April 19, 2013, 00:53 »
 :DBrought myself my first ever pair of men's jeans and they are just perfect. Whoever designed them understands the need to shove random thing in my pockets and they fit so much better than any other clothing I own. I just need to get rid of this ponytail and I might actually pass as male. :D

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: April 21, 2013, 01:41 »
derren brown!!!
went to see his show tonight and then hung around outside the stage door, this is my second time seeing/meeting him and urg hes just a lovely lovely person how rude of him.
went with my sister and she was up on stage wow kl.
also he told me i was apparently nearly picked to go on stage which is almost exciting?? and probably for the best tbh id worry that i would somehow be responsible for the whole thing going wrong.
but yeah he did one of the "you are feeling sleepy" deals for the whole audience to find somebody susceptible enough to pick, and i guess he must have walked past me but i didnt notice bc... sleep.
could be because i was knackered though, id been up since 6. 

aaaanyway yes it was great i enjoyed it more than Svengali i think yes.
the man is a nutter.
gr8 time, happy.
time to sleep now.

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Mr. Apple

« Reply #7453 on: April 21, 2013, 16:04 »
going out to eat at my fav chinese place

only go 5 times a year or something

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: April 21, 2013, 20:57 »
Men's clothing is just so ridiculously comfy isn't it?! Like I dress "female" overall but aw man, guys' jeans.. all that pocket space!

I never understood why women's jeans had such tiny pockets. Probably because most womenfolk carry around a purse and have thus reduced the need for pocket space.

I'm happy because the code I'm writing is coming along well. I'm ahead of my homework schedule, meaning I can study some more for upcoming tests!  ;D  :???  :(