Author Topic: What's making you happy right now?  (Read 704315 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
Re: What's making you happy right now?
« Reply #7515 on: May 16, 2013, 09:22 »
Symphony of the Goddesses in SEVEN DAYS

skdjhskdfj I'm going to play ALL the Zelda from now till then

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: May 16, 2013, 10:06 »
does that include ST and PHG.

Because I know how much you love them.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: May 16, 2013, 10:41 »
I like to pretend they don't exist.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: May 16, 2013, 11:09 »
3DS XL is going on sale at Best Buy and I thiiiink I need to get one because the 3D looks even better on it! Fire Emblem is also going on sale, but I'm a bit iffy on buying it because I have some problems with the way the games are structured, though perhaps those have been ironed out since the GBA ones I've played. :va
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: May 16, 2013, 11:53 »
I like to pretend they don't exist.

that's cheating.

you cheater.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: May 16, 2013, 12:25 »
Claire, what are your issues with the DS Zelda games? (genuinely curious, not a declaration of war xD)

I liked Phantom Hourglass a lot, but hated Spirit Tracks so much that I've only beaten the first dungeon, due to the train being absolute garbage.

Anyway! Another thing making me happy right now is that I have the weekend off work and I can finally take a nice, long walk again! I love summer weather, everything is so beautiful around here! ^-^

Edit!: I joined dA because I found out Claire is an amazing artist, so yay Claire!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:51 by Richard and Blaziken »

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: May 16, 2013, 15:41 »
My Birthday today finally 18! Going for a meal with my grandparents later then hitting the town with a load of friends Saturday, before having a big family meal on Sunday...can't wait!
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: May 16, 2013, 16:15 »
I'm not sure how to respond to this question because it's just the undergraduate quantum mechanics course at my university.  I'm taking a graduate quantum course next semester..  We've covered up to entanglement and quantum teleportation, although if we were to continue we'd hit perturbation theory.

aw dang thats way ahead of us i'm still struggling w/ stuff like valence theory but tbf they don't really teach the quantum stuff v well in our uni and sort of just leave us to fend for ourselves w/o considering the maths aspect of it

im only sperging out about it because i think quantum mechanics is neat at the end of the day like once the particle in a box solution sort of springs out the shapes of orbitals i was kind of hooked despite how hard mathematically it gets haha

Symphony of the Goddesses in SEVEN DAYS

skdjhskdfj I'm going to play ALL the Zelda from now till then

wh wh wh w h wh h theres a new zelda game coming out what kind of rock have i been living under for the last year or so  (*´_ゝ`) 

although i do hear you on Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass like i liked them and they were alright but i really didn't enjoy the lazy sort of game extending mechanism of "how about you spend 10 minutes getting from one end of the map to the other!!!!" and im thinking "im sure none of the other zelda games bothered w/ this kind of cheap trick" and then you get into the dungeons and its like

and then spirit tracks was just "its really easy to be destroyed by one of those angry trains enjoy the game (΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)" 
           

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: May 16, 2013, 23:09 »
Claire, what are your issues with the DS Zelda games? (genuinely curious, not a declaration of war xD)

I liked Phantom Hourglass a lot, but hated Spirit Tracks so much that I've only beaten the first dungeon, due to the train being absolute garbage.

Both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were, as we say in this part of the world, as slow as a week in the jail. I hated The Temple of the Ocean King. HATED it. HATE HATE HATE. I can deal with dungeons being frustrating and repetetive if I have to play through them once- not EVERY DAMN TIME I WANTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE GAME. I only persevered with it because it was a Zelda game and I felt that I should at least see it through to the end to see if it got better. It didn't. I didn't even finish Spirit Tracks because as you so correctly point out, the train is an awfully slow means of getting around and I just couldn't be bothered. Oh, and The Spirit Tower or whatever it was called. Also terrible and frustrating and boring and just ugh ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

tbh I probably wouldn't be so harsh about them if they weren't Zelda games but what can I say I've come to expect Zelda games to be life changing experiences :V And I guess another issue I have is that they're sort of based around the Wind Waker which to me is a work of art and I don't want this crap dirtying it D:

Edit!: I joined dA because I found out Claire is an amazing artist, so yay Claire!

Gawrsh  :wub:

wh wh wh w h wh h theres a new zelda game coming out what kind of rock have i been living under for the last year or so  (*´_ゝ`) 

NO NO NO MY FRIEND IT IS SOMETHING MUCH MORE WONDERFUL THAN THAT

http://www.hammersmithapollo.com/the_legend_of_zelda:_symphony_of_the_goddesses_2013-05-23_.html

My friend and I are pretty much bankrupting ourselves going to London for this but I don't give any currs it'll be worth it. And fortunately I have family in TOWIE country so my cousin is being a bro and moving into my aunt's for a few days so we can have her flat \o/ so if anyone is near London and fancies a party let me know derp

and then spirit tracks was just "its really easy to be destroyed by one of those angry trains enjoy the game (΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)" 

ESPECIALLY after you've spent the aforementioned ten minutes getting from one side of the map to the other AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh I'm happy cuz I bought some new clothes today and they're a size smaller than what I normally wear so this dieting crap must be finally paying off \o/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 23:12 by Clairefable »

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: May 17, 2013, 01:37 »
Two days after buying it I finally get Fallout 3 working on the laptop, without it crashing every two seconds.

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: May 17, 2013, 11:41 »
omgomgomg just did my last exam. It's over all 15 down!! The IB has been finished =D

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7526 on: May 17, 2013, 17:26 »
There's a zelda orchestra omg
booked the train to london today! green day why you so expensive but idc its my bbys<3
also applied for 4 jobs: new look, h&m, schuh and wh smith. I have like 0 experience but godamn i need a job plus wh smith didn't ask for experience so fingers crossed!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: May 17, 2013, 18:21 »
oh frabjous day my annual yerba maté order arrived in like 2 days its never done this before
i either have to get it from a UK shop and pay more somehow or get it from a german shop which is somehow less than buying it from the uk (??????) and either way it takes like a week or so of farting about going on a lord of the rings trek to the DHL depot but they had GLS as a delivery option THANK THE LORD

like this yerba maté stuff does for me what cups of tea/coffee do for the rest of the populace i.e. keep us alive and functioning like tea is ok but its more for calming me down and coffee is just way too raw-edge for me like i get annoyed really easy on coffee

its esp. critical cos my first exam is in like 4 days and its literally the only thing that keeps me alive during exam season

NO NO NO MY FRIEND IT IS SOMETHING MUCH MORE WONDERFUL THAN THAT

http://www.hammersmithapollo.com/the_legend_of_zelda:_symphony_of_the_goddesses_2013-05-23_.html

My friend and I are pretty much bankrupting ourselves going to London for this but I don't give any currs it'll be worth it. And fortunately I have family in TOWIE country so my cousin is being a bro and moving into my aunt's for a few days so we can have her flat \o/ so if anyone is near London and fancies a party let me know derp

hahaha oh gosh!!! dang
i mean i'd just be a pain and keep shouting "play song of storms!!!" and they'd be like "we don't do requests we're an orchestra" but eventually they'd relent and i'd laugh as they all get wet
but dang and heck yes

i hope you have a good time!!!

also i hope they play the Wind Fish theme thats a good one as well

<insert a boring diatribe about how i love the gbc games here>

ESPECIALLY after you've spent the aforementioned ten minutes getting from one side of the map to the other AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

like what even was the point of those things??????????? like the way the game over is just sort of "welp thats your train exploded start again" just doesn't help either lmao im not sure what drove me to get to the disappointing final boss but

like i should have been Well Warned in the first bit where you have to sneak zelda out of her room or w/e and its just literally like trying to suck an apple through a letterbox and it just sets the theme for the whole game
like at least in phantom hourglass you weren't on rails and if you wanted to go 3cm to the right you could instead of taking the hairpin traintrack and oh no you've exploded for no reason again
           

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: May 18, 2013, 11:15 »
Fair enough, Claire, I can definitely see how the Temple of the Ocean King would be annoying to a lot of people, but I still thought PH was a good continuation of what happens after WW. But about ST, the above post covers it perfectly. After exploding on the train 3 times after the first temple I've never picked the game up again.

AAAAnyway, I finally finished my Grovyle Skull Kid sprite! After putting it off forever, it's nice to finally have it finished! :>

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: May 18, 2013, 14:30 »
Finally got my computer back!
Follow our Wayward Journey here!