Author Topic: What's making you happy right now?  (Read 704295 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: What's making you happy right now?
« Reply #8850 on: April 15, 2014, 00:14 »
oh my god i forgot how nice smooth legs feel??? i haven't shaved them in forever and my smooth milkbottles are amazing now to never wear shorts ever

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: April 15, 2014, 00:21 »
Partners in Time is equally brilliant. I do love those games <3

did you find Luigi's Dream Team as much of a bit of a letdown as i did
           

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #8852 on: April 15, 2014, 00:30 »
did you find Luigi's Dream Team as much of a bit of a letdown as i did

I haven't played it, or Bowser's Insider Story. Iunno.... money
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: April 15, 2014, 02:00 »
I haven't played it, or Bowser's Insider Story. Iunno.... money

bowsers inside story was so good that i plumped to make the sequel one of the only 3ds games i could afford this year (along with pokemon x) and well, dont rush to play luigi's dream team is all im sayin

take ur time to savour bowsers inside story if/when you get it cos its the best in the series so far
           

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: April 15, 2014, 02:51 »
ahh its been awhile since i played bowsers inside story but i can confirm it is in fact good

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: April 15, 2014, 12:54 »
my legs feel amazing guys seriously sugar scrubs are amazing.

they're smooth.  like, proper smooth.  i could sleep on these.

thanks gl <3

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: April 15, 2014, 21:58 »
 I finally got The Last of Us! It's really enjoyable, I like how sassy Ellie is, she's a cool character. I like Joel too, he's pretty badass. I love smashing people's heads in... it's soo satisfying to find a hunter (or whatever they're called) and club them.

Oh, making gains in the gym! I'm not lifting that much because I've done it for just under a month, but I'm hoping to be benching and squatting 7 stone by the end of the Easter holidays. Going up 5kgs a week seems doable right now... so that's like 20kgs a month :ohmy: I just felt that setting a reasonable goal is a great motivation.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: April 16, 2014, 13:11 »
I haven't played last of us cos I have an Xbox, but I did watch the 'movie' on youtube instead, and that was really good.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: April 16, 2014, 13:33 »
i just realised i basically posted the same thing as someone else within six posts and that might look like i was mocking her?  i'm not mocking you i promise.

but yeah i'm back on track for camp nanowrimo (also woah i've written 60 pages???)

thanks gl <3

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #8859 on: April 16, 2014, 19:01 »
bowsers inside story was so good that i plumped to make the sequel one of the only 3ds games i could afford this year (along with pokemon x) and well, dont rush to play luigi's dream team is all im sayin

take ur time to savour bowsers inside story if/when you get it cos its the best in the series so far

Aw man is Dream Team really that bad?? D: I've been meaning to get it for ages.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: April 16, 2014, 19:20 »
If two people felt the need to post about smooth legs within such a short time, that just tells you how amazing smooth legs are.

I'm pretty happy right now because my chem teacher is awesome. We had a chem test today and near the end of the period he picked up a juice box, read the contents, then ranted about how the juice was less healthy then diet coke and how the school board shouldn't be forcing us to drink juice that is pretty much 100% sugar and claiming it's healthy. He also helped me during the test by actually showing me the answer, because he doesn't believe in testing but has to give tests because that's what the school board tells him to do.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: April 17, 2014, 02:48 »
Aw man is Dream Team really that bad?? D: I've been meaning to get it for ages.

well ymmv but it just lacked the punch that partners in time and bowsers inside story did

(incoming beth review no-one asked for because i've got turbosperg feelings about this whole thing, just like my hatred for loz: spirit tracks)

the first two games throw you right in the plot from the getgo while dream team takes an absolute age to get going, and by the time it does you're like "who cares????"

also the writing is nowhere near as snappy, like everyone just sorta stands around "..."-ing a lot during scripted parts, none of the jokes are as funny as they used to be, and you get tired of prince dreambert quickly and the kinda contrived "time to learn the new technique" things

like there are some nice parts? a bit in dreams deep is kinda adorable and somnom woods has some lovely music, but on the most part it was just kinda disappointing and "eh", there's no real sorta luigi  """character development""" that we got w/ bowser in the last game which is also a shame, they almost sorta start on a brotherly love thing but then they just kinda abandon it for the boring fetch quest and luigi (literally and figuratively) spends half the game in the background

they re-use voice samples a LOT in this game, which is really disapponting cos i loved how chatty mario and luigi were in the last few games, in this one they seem to only be able to say like 3 or 4 things and you hear luigi use the same sample 4 times in a row just to drive the point home apparently
idk this point is really stupid but the voice sample stuff was spot on in the last few games

also the fighting mechanics are not the greatest, the difficulty of pulling off each attack is way harder and the game is like "why can't you do it??? u get an "OK" for this, ugh!"

they don't introduce any cool new stuff mechanics-wise either, they reuse the same "whoaaa" thing that they did in bowsers inside story when u have your first dream!luigi boss battle
 (i'm being obtuse about bowser boss fights because i don't wanna spoil What Happens cos it was a total surprise for me and a v good one )

final boss battle was just like "is that it? no cool twist or disaster happening? ugh"

im gonna cut off the crappy review writing here (shoulda cut it off 10000 words ago) but yeah its kinda disappointing compared to how good and well-put-together the last couple games were

it has good reviews in most places but thats due to the state of games journalism and games in general these days tbh

fake edit: wow, that was a hell of a lot of carepost typing for a videogame, im so ashamaed that im gonna tie myself a noose and do the needful
           

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: April 17, 2014, 09:10 »
i'm laughing so hard my cat just discovered the sun in the middle of playing and now he's just all spread out and asleep with this scrunched up ball of paper completely forgotten next to him

thanks gl <3

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8863 on: April 17, 2014, 09:49 »
i just realised i basically posted the same thing as someone else within six posts and that might look like i was mocking her?  i'm not mocking you i promise.
nah it just looked like you were sharing in my joy of smoothass legs

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: April 17, 2014, 16:34 »
 Completed The Last of Us so I decided to try and redeem the online code. Now, I bought this game pre owned so I didn't have high hopes for the code to work. Anyway, the code worked and now I can play online  ^.^ Just waiting until I'm feeling better and I'll try to add some people who have it.

I'll probably try and get the DLC... Left Behind? With Ellie and Riley.

So yeah. Everything is coming up Milhouse!