Author Topic: What's making you happy right now?  (Read 704266 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Wolstenholme

Re: What's making you happy right now?
« Reply #9285 on: July 24, 2014, 23:19 »
Simultaneously the best and worst dinner of my life omg.

We went to this resteraunt named "Rodeo Resteraunte Grill" and we thought nothing other than 'ooh maybe steaks and chargrilled chicken' BUT IT WAS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT.

We weren't given menus when we sat down and the waitress just goes "helpa youselves to a some ensalada" and assured us that she'd be with us in a minute. On our way to the salad bar this waiter comes up to us and I ask him how the whole thing works and he goes "you get-a salad and a-potatoes and then we brings you fourteen-a types of meat."

W.H.A.T?

So we get our salad and sit down at the table thinking 'wow bring it on' and then it is brought on: no 'are you ready?' no 'which do you want?' Just an onslaught like space invaders.

Meat 1: Chicken Thighs. Massive. Get about half a seconds break before the next comes around.
Meat 2: Beef. And it continues like this until all fourteen meats have been around, each severed from a long kebab by a different Tenerifian waiter.
All the meats were there, chicken, cheesy chicken, gammon, BBQ pork, beef, garlic beef, veal, sausages, bacon. It was carnivore heaven.

Tom says: It's like the bleep test with meat. Or like space invaders because you can see the next meat coming dreadfully towards you.
I said that Greek song where the music keeps getting faster ought to be playing.

It was hilarious but I don't think I will be able to eat for approximately six weeks.

I am done omg I need to lie down and die

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #9286 on: July 25, 2014, 21:58 »
^oh my days, sounds like constipation heaven xD!

I got my car air con fixed! YES! It probably doesn't sound like a big issue but I am telling you having air con again is a big deal. No more sweaty drives, heat exhaustion or windows open on dirty motorways!

Honestly, I was so happy the garage fixed it (it only needed recharging, lol) that I smiled to myself the whole way home. I am positive I looked like a total nutjob : D

My second happy is that I will be in Cumbria next week! CUMBRIA AND AIR CON! (Although I don't suppose I'll need air con up north...)

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: July 25, 2014, 23:11 »
 Oh my God, I felt really crap so I decided to make lemonade out of these lemons and I brought out my old 5kg dumbells and just worked it out.

I'm feeling on top of the world and I'm currently capturing the Lagiacrus in under 15 minutes so I'm pretty chuffed. I can't break it's horns for the life of me, so I'm missing the waist gear and helmet... but I have the legs, arms, and chest plate so it's almost all good!

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: July 26, 2014, 09:27 »
the ost for professor layton and the lost future is gorgeous 10/10 would listen again

thanks gl <3

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: July 26, 2014, 19:17 »
one of the jackdaws (sweep) suddenly flew down to me in the garden today!! 
first time seeing her since she left about three weeks ago.
yes i'm happy about that. now i know that she's doing ok at least. 
gave her a little food before she left again, she's less tame than before but yeah that'd be a good thing... oh well. 
no idea where sooty is... tbh i'm not as confident about him, don't think he was quite ready to leave when we left him to be out of the aviary a while. then again he could have gone back into it if he wanted. he was always more tame out of the two of them, more dependant. 
ehh hopefully he's fine and will show up suddenly one day too. 

but yes that was a nice surprise visit, bless her. 
now it's confirmed she'll get given food she'll probably show up a little more. gave her a strawberry and she instantly returned to acting like a chick again, all cawing and flapping her wings waiting to be fed, bless. 

......birds
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 19:19 by Sebastian Moran »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: July 26, 2014, 19:59 »
Have 2 badges, going for my third and no deaths so far in my Ruby Nuzlocke. I honestly thought it would be harder/heartbreaking.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: July 26, 2014, 21:27 »
every time someone on here talks about their birds it makes me want a bird a little bit more

i took 9 buses with my friend today and we reached our goal of the numbers on the front adding up to 2000 and then we had a look in this aquarium/ fish shop and they literally had the most gorgeous frogs; there were four bumblebee dart frogs, one blue poison dart frog, and a vietnamese moss frog and they were so expensive (£90 each) but so gorgeous and i am content to have seen them

i love frogs

thanks gl <3

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #9292 on: July 26, 2014, 22:13 »
^birds are great companions, especially as they live so long. I'm so glad I decided to rescue my parrot.

Also, I love dart frogs <3

one of the jackdaws (sweep) suddenly flew down to me in the garden today!! 

Aww, that's so sweet x3

When I worked for a bird sanctuary we had a jackdaw who was hand reared with his brother. The brother never came back but he did. He's been hanging around for 6 or so years since. Took him a few years to settle but in the 3rd he brought back his female for free food. He's been relocated several times across the country (unfortunately, nature of the beast, they love to kill and eat nestlings and he's smart enough to kill a lot of them in one small area - around the sanctuary) but he always flew back home. This one would rarely sit on a person but frequently came back for food, mainly during the breeding season.

Would be super cool if your Sweep was the same :>

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: July 27, 2014, 03:03 »
 I'm nurturing the friendships that mean something to me and that are going somewhere and setting up the bonfires to burn down bridges with people who'll be detrimental.

I'm looking forward to one class in particular since I had started talking to someone and my friend might be in my class this year, so it'll be nice.

My back is actually sore from the recent exercise? I had literally no idea that I would be hitting my back muscles. It's nice.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9294 on: July 27, 2014, 13:16 »
totally called alexander sidding as doran martell months back and i was riiiiiight

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: July 27, 2014, 20:54 »
 I found a fedora. I'm going to send "m'lady" snapchats tonight.

I need to make a neckbeard tho. I don't have one.

Offline iainM887

• Pokemon Fan
  • I wish Electivire was more viable.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: July 27, 2014, 21:32 »
I found a fedora. I'm going to send "m'lady" snapchats tonight.

I need to make a neckbeard tho. I don't have one.

Make sure to listen to this while doing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84v-RtnzYXM
I have meditated upon the mountain and returned with my intelligence and enlightenment expontentially increased beyond any phony god. I am beyond any god, any religion or any friend zone.
I am powerful.
I am unique
I am euphoric

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: July 27, 2014, 21:34 »
I bought some new books. But I'm not gonna say which ones. It's my little secret

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: July 27, 2014, 21:47 »
Make sure to listen to this while doing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84v-RtnzYXM

Ahahaha that was amazing! I went against the snapchat idea since I can't do my double chin as well since losing weight  :'(

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: July 27, 2014, 21:51 »
got introduced to some cool YouTube videos earlier which was nice, plus I'm feeling like maybe I'm getting my head switched back on again? I dunno, I've felt relieved over things the past few days and now I feel like I can actually achieve things again, even if I'm still a bit ~ehhhh~ about life