Author Topic: Incredible things you've noticed  (Read 2568 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Incredible things you've noticed
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 01:31 »
it's probably not to be honest

I noticed that but it wasn't incredible.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 12:37 »
earlier i was talking about how my dog had been depressed for six months straight, but i think i kind of figured out why she's been like that for so long. you have to think, a dog that she grew up with died 6 months ago which was probably difficult for her. then 4 months ago i left her to go to a foreign country which explains why she was so cautious about who i was considering my dog sunny disappeared one day and probably came back, it was probably really confusing for two members of the family to leave her that quickly.

or at least i hope so, we'll see if her behavior changes now that im home

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 11:44 »
I've noticed that the same people who say that Obama is the worst President and Bush was better are the same who said Bush was the worst.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 17:06 »
In almost all pokemon games, the house you live in only has two rooms, your room and the front room. Where does your mum sleep???

I guess you sleep with your mum share a room.
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 20:00 »
the sky turns all sorts of cool colours

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 20:13 »
A lot of people I know that support Bernie don't know that free college education would trash the economy even more than it already is. They also seem to think that to pay for it we could raise taxes.

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 20:30 »
lets be real bernie beats everyone else tho
like maybe if the rich people actually paid taxes maybe we wouldnt be in such a mess but nah they want all of the good stuff without putting any actual dough into it

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 21:00 »
You see, the thing is it's not just the 1%. It's everyone. No one wants to pay for this, because that's one of the things that even started the revolution. No one wants to pay taxes. Sure it could be helped if the 1% ponied up a lttle more (and even though I lean republican I think they should pay a little extra), but it's not just going to be fixed by the 1%. It's going to take everyone, and no one wants to step up.

Oh, and the polls show that Bernie wins if he gets past Hilary. If Hilary wins the Democratic nomination, congrats to the Simpsons for getting it right.

• Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 21:05 »
people follow by example - if the guy with the fancy car isnt paying taxes, why should you when you're working 3 jobs? maybe you'll have a little mor emoney to support yourself then. (figerative 'you'). the 1% is gonna help quite a bit more, though - bearing in mind companies like apple have evaded millions. if we do the maths thats a lot of people. how many rich companies do we have? a lot more than i know about thats for sure. rich people, rich companies. they've got a lot more collectively than the other 99%, and we need to start getting the tax from literally everyone who wants to /be/ in the government, regardless of their finances (or lack thereof). its honestly such an awful thing to do. and oh my gosh, good - the more chance we have trump at the bottom, the better. there'll be no end to the awful stuff at all if he gets in power. just look at david cameron

EDIT: on that note actually ive noticed the minute someone gets famous in the singing industry or whatever they stop being a person and start getting treated like a commodity people are 'entitled' to. like what

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 21:10 »
let me better explain this, high school kids are idiots about politics

bernie sanders tax plan CAN pay for free public colleges as well as universal healthcare. universal healthcare is pretty simple because we're already paying for that but we're gonna dismantle the system that we have right now and put a new one together because right now ours doesn't work, so you'll probably actually save money on your healthcare because obamacare is a disaster and literally anything could be better

the college part is easy. public colleges aren't exactly the most expensive schools in the world to begin with. for example, the best public school in my state costs $16,000 a year to attend, and another costs like $8,000. compared to my private college which some people pay $40,000 for before room and board, etc. you would be paying for your education as a commuter, you'd still have to buy your books, etc. they literally only pay for the actual school and lecture parts

and it's paid for primarily by closing all of these loopholes in our tax code that literally only benefit the rich. 16,000 seems like a lot when you're thinking about every college age student, but when you think businesses avoid paying taxes through unethical means like stashing their cash abroad and benefiting only the country that the money is situated in instead of our own country, it becomes a lot more reasonable. there's no exact number on how much money they evade legally but unethically but people say it's at least 200 to 300 billion dollars. just by making rich people ACTUALLY pay taxes period like the rest of us we can afford to send at least a million kids to college totally for free at the most expensive public institution in my state. of course we don't need to send a million kids to college, there's no demand, so loans could be refinanced. and the tax rate wouldn't raise for anyone unless they made over $200,000 a year, because honestly compared to the billionaires and millionaires in this country who keep on getting more and more money, our cash is just a drop in the bucket... but of course corporatists like hillary clinton will squeeze every dime out of us that she can because she doesn't want to touch the bank accounts of anyone who helped fund her campaign.

so like, yeah, it's really feasible to do that and have money left over to fix roads or repair crumbling ghettos. however if hillary gets the nom she's going to just say it's impossible because i mean who's actually going to do the math? i low key feel like most hillary supporters aren't capable of rational thought TBH

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 21:24 »
^From the research I had done it didn't seem like it would work. The only thing with that is with who is in the HoR and Senate right now, those loopholes won't close. With different people on Capitol Hill maybe. If that can be done that his plan is a great one. One more thing: No matter however true it may be, please don't start a retort with an insult, as it really doesn't do much. and yes, although I know a little more than a lot of people I know when it comes to politics, i'm still an idiot, I admit. So thanks for pointing this part out.

Getting back on topic (from where I got it off topic) i've noticed that most people don't expect focus punch muk in NU. So it's surprised a few people.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 22:17 »
 Whenever you're out drinking with friends there's going to be a lady with a horrendously ugly laugh that doesn't stop laughing.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 22:43 »
not meaning to insult you... just saying when i was in high school everyone thought ron paul was the best thing ever but actually couldn't tell you a thing about him except he wanted to legalize weed. same thing now with bernie and free college. i wouldn't think it would surprise you most of your peers are kinda idiots about that stuff especially considering most of them aren't voting age, so they probably see no need to just research it. i wasn't meaning to call you one but i definitely see how it seemed that way now that i reread it.

also there's like 34 seats up for reelection in the senate this coming year, and if democrats take like 5 seats then they hold the majority and there's a better chance of those loopholes being closed. and i know at least where i'm from there's a whole old school liberal movement going on where a lot of weird progressive people we've never heard of are starting to come out of the woodwork and say "i'll close loopholes" and they're getting a ton of support. i don't think its unrealistic. especially since it's something that everyone is pretty PO'd about it would probably be political suicide not to support it, democrat or republican.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 22:53 »
I honestly don't really like any of the big ticket candidates right now. Also I just don't see those loopholes closing. I mean it could happen but it's unlikely unlee those seats go to more progressive folk.