Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10
Random Randomness / Re: PKMN.net Photo Topic 1.3
« Last post by Lord Raven on Today at 16:12 »

Please bear in mind that these images were made at COLLEGE!!!
I swear, this plane looks just like a Latios!

This thread is for photos that you took. Please stop with the random image spamming.
Debate / Re: Data leaks and hacking
« Last post by Lord Raven on Today at 16:11 »
I've read many news reports on BBC News lately, and I honestly can't believe how paranoid people are about everything in their house being hacked to steal personal data.
You mean Trump?

And well, you can't believe it? Despite Snowden's leak 5 years ago that said that the Government is actually spying on everything?

It started when someone claimed that childrens toys, such as dolls, could be modified to monitor what children are doing when their parents aren't around. For that to happen, someone would have to physically enter the house and modify it in person with a wireless microphone, or whatever. Would anyone in their right mind allow a known paedophile into their house to do that?
Um...  what are you talking about?

Then, I read that it is possible to hack microwaves to steal your personal information. If that was true, then people would see the microphones inside it, the next time they used it.
Source: Kellyanne Conway. Known surrogate of the Trump administration, and a liar. Her word is meant to be taken with a grain of salt at best, because she's an idiot and the Trump administration is full of liars.

Now I read today that your shoes can leak information. That is just plain ridiculous!
Source?

Are people just scaremongering paranoid people for the kicks, or are people genuinely concerned?
Can anything be done about it?
No, because the government is actively spying on all of us (again; look up Edward Snowden and the information contained in his leaks). As for anything being done, mass protests that pretty much impede everything until the government gets rid of it.
TV and Movies / Favourite movies that are older than you
« Last post by Petzbreeder on Today at 14:14 »
I watched Return From Witch Mountain yesterday, which is one of my favourite movies of all time. It was released in 1978. I like the whole "mind control a kid with special powers" idea.

What are your favourite movies that are older that you?
Why do you like them?
Random Randomness / Re: first world problems
« Last post by The Shrub Dragon on Today at 11:39 »
single free periods are the worst and i hate them
Debate / Data leaks and hacking
« Last post by Petzbreeder on Today at 10:03 »
I've read many news reports on BBC News lately, and I honestly can't believe how paranoid people are about everything in their house being hacked to steal personal data.

It started when someone claimed that childrens toys, such as dolls, could be modified to monitor what children are doing when their parents aren't around. For that to happen, someone would have to physically enter the house and modify it in person with a wireless microphone, or whatever. Would anyone in their right mind allow a known paedophile into their house to do that?

Then, I read that it is possible to hack microwaves to steal your personal information. If that was true, then people would see the microphones inside it, the next time they used it.

Now I read today that your shoes can leak information. That is just plain ridiculous!

Next thing you know, people will start saying that a bowl of cornflakes can steal your e-mails!

Are people just scaremongering paranoid people for the kicks, or are people genuinely concerned?
Can anything be done about it?
Everyone has an admin account in my house, we don't have any restrictions on what we can do.

I host the server on my Windows 7 pc, and my dad joins with my Windows 10 laptop. Could that have anything to do with it? As far as I know, my laptop is faster than my pc.

I think my laptop should really be the one hosting.
 I'd suggest that maybe this is to do with you guys playing offline and on/with LAN. Does your father have any admin controls or anything? Either the owner of the computery stuff or some pimpin' blocky milk bar in Minecraft where they exclusively sell full-fat Cravendale.

I'd say Sylar hit the blocky nail on it's blocky head.
I'm the one who hosts the server every time we play.
Gaming / Re: Why does my dad's Minecraft display name look like this?
« Last post by sylar on Yesterday at 21:46 »
is he the owner of the server
Random Randomness / Re: first world problems
« Last post by Kerou on Yesterday at 21:24 »
I could do with having another eye test and getting some new glasses, plus I want some sunglasses I can wear like out and about, I just need to find somewhere local that does Ray-Bans.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10