Author Topic: Need help on a few decisions  (Read 969 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Need help on a few decisions
« on: February 24, 2014, 17:41 »
Okay, I've got a doubles team in mind, and I've bred everything I'm certain of, but need some opinions on bits. The team is:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
31/x/31/x/31/0 - Sassy
-> Trick Room
-> Will-o-wisp
-> Night Shade
-> Pain Split

Gourgeist @ Normal Gem
31/31/31/x/31/0 - Brave
-> Trick Room
-> Explosion
-> Seed Bomb
-> Shadow Sneak

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
31/31/31/31/31/0 - Brave
-> Rock Slide
-> Earthquake
-> Thunderbolt
-> Ice Beam

Escavalier @ Occa Berry
31/31/31/x/31/0 - Brave
-> Megahorn
-> Iron Head
-> Knock Off
-> Drill Run

Eelektross @ Life Orb
31/x/31/31/31/0 - Quiet
-> HP Ice
-> Thunderbolt
-> Flamethrower
-> Grass knot

And now the bits I need help on:

I want to use Amoonguss, and have the following two sets, and want to know which people think fits better:

Amoonguss @ Coba Berry
31/x/31/31/31/0 - Sassy
-> Rage Powder
-> Spore
-> Giga Drain
-> Protect
This one would run regenerator and attract attention to allow the TRer to set up, then spore like crazy.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
31/x/31/31/31/0 - Relaxed
-> Rage Powder
-> Spore
-> Synthesis
-> Giga Drain
This amoonguss would run Effect Spore to deal with M Kangakhan and other dangerous physical attackers. Spore wouldn't be used as often, but its there just in case.

Feel free to suggest changes other than the bits I'm asking about, they're just the most important bits. (especially the amoonguss problem xD)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 21:52 by RubyRobin »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on a few decisions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 18:02 »
First off, I have a regenerator Foongus. So trade me, maybe?

Second, thanks for using my Dusclops XD

Third; doubles is a very agressive metagame; setting up is usually asking to get killed; sword dance is very risky bet, unless you have it under control.

Fourth; I don't see any reason to drop Gourgeist, Excavalier and Eelectross out of your team, but your team has a common weakness; fire, shared by Gourg, Maw, Exca (x4) and, in case you want, Amoongus. By the way, Excavalier NEEDS Drill Run, and Eelectross should use Discharge instead, and Grass Knot is the only decent move it gets, although you can always run the classic protect, in any other Pokémon as well.

Fifth: Spore got an important nerf, and I don't see you have a lot of spread moves; they are a must in any doubles team. MegaChar-Y would be a good idea, changing Mawile for Tyranitar a Rock Type; they are slow and hit hard, and Y can use Heat Wave; a powerful Heat Wave.

Seixth: ZA WARUDO!

Regards.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 18:15 »
Thanms for the reply, I've actually bred both foongus so I won't need your regenerator one, but thanks anyway ^^

With SD I was thinking of using rage powder to give it chance, but tbh I'm inclined to replace Mawile with Sebastian Tyranitar, as I prefer his design and it would solve my teams Talonflame weakness.

Charizard Y is good, I know, but I feel he's got a few problems: Sun boosts my fire weakness, Su clashes with TTars sand and he'll struggle both in and out of Trick Room with his 100 Bas Speed, which isn't slow enough to be a TRer but isn't fast enough to outpace threats.

I'll get Drill Run on Escavlier, that'd fill its fourth slot nicely

Eelektros had T-bolt over Discharge due to my teams lack of a ground type, and I don't want to be paralysing the opponent in TR.

I assume by the fact you mentioned your regenerator foongus thats the one you recommend?

I'll update the opening thing with the changes, and thanks for the help, I'm pretty unacquainted with doubles so the helps useful
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 00:32 »
Did you breed the pumpkin, or get it from Rich?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 07:41 »
Bred it, I bred everything on this team yesterday (although Deli traded mea Duskull with 31/x/31x/31/31, so that was pretty much him, I just put 0 speed on)
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 21:21 »
'did you breed the pumpkin'

just had to cut in and tell you that I'm in stitches about the fact that we can breed pumpkins. I didn't think of it that way omg.

I think the Effect Spore Amoongus sounds better but maybe that's just because I really like using Rocky Helmet. I like the moveset better on that one too, sounds like something I'd almost be able to handle haha.

Also, there's nothing else about the team that sticks out as really odd. So I guess that's good but who am I to say this stuff.

I just wanted to talk about breeding Pumpkins. I'll go home now.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 21:41 »
What meta are you playing where mega kangaskhan is a concern? Do standard tiers not apply to doubles, or are you looking at the tournament coming up in the UK?

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 21:51 »
What meta are you playing where mega kangaskhan is a concern? Do standard tiers not apply to doubles, or are you looking at the tournament coming up in the UK?

I probably should've mentioned this xD The teams going to be used played by Nintendos bans (Basically VGC 2014 without the whole 'must be from Kalos Dex rule'), so Mega Kangaskhan is a pretty big threat in this (alongside Talonflame, seems to be the two most common threats)

A small error I've just found in my team is that Dusclops can't get helping hand as I'd planned - its pokemon XD exlusive, so thats been replaced with Pain Split for now.

'did you breed the pumpkin'

just had to cut in and tell you that I'm in stitches about the fact that we can breed pumpkins. I didn't think of it that way omg.

I think the Effect Spore Amoongus sounds better but maybe that's just because I really like using Rocky Helmet. I like the moveset better on that one too, sounds like something I'd almost be able to handle haha.

Also, there's nothing else about the team that sticks out as really odd. So I guess that's good but who am I to say this stuff.

I just wanted to talk about breeding Pumpkins. I'll go home now.

Surprised you didn't mention that you'd taken to calling me pumpkin in that >_> =P

But thanks, I think the Rocky Helmet one is pretty much the only counter to Kangaskhan atm, certainly the only one on my team (although Trick Room dusclops with WoW, whilst not a counter, deals with him with moderate success)
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝